Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

YggiDee posted:

What, dare I ask, is the 'speed trap'?

I made a video of it last year.

I am going to play this loving game again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Can Of Worms posted:

People underestimate how valuable HP is considering NED has a "You must have this much HP to win" move.

Before Neo-Exdeath it's pretty easy to run through this game at relatively low levels if you're know what you're doing. But once you get to Almagest you either have to have the damage output to take out the Almagest part or you need over 1800 HP to survive it. With shell the threshold becomes a much more reasonable 800.

Almagest is a holy-elemental move, but FF5 has no holy resistance except for the post-game bonus dungeon in later releases.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Poque posted:

If you have a summoner, your team is already good enough to the point where getting Leviathan is a straight-up waste of time.

If you have a summoner getting the other tablets is a straight-up waste of time. Just grab Syldra and wreck the final dungeon.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

gatesealer posted:

So in preparation for this I decided to do an unofficial run. I got Thief as my first class. Is there anywhere I can get daggers before karl boss?

Nope! You're stuck with Faris's Dagger and Lenna's Knife! It isn't that hard though, since even one dagger is decent damage output.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

LaserShark posted:

So, are the patches going to be considered valid runs? Even the one with all the berserker and geomancer buffs and everything?

Just do a Berserker SCC in vanilla as penance. Get past Sandworm and no one can question your mojo.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

mango sentinel posted:

The infographic mentions 10 players had 3 Berserkers and beat the game, but none of us beat Omega or Shinryu. Is there even a possible setup where a 3 Berserker Fiesta team can beat those bosses?

For Shinryu, sure, it's just tedious as poo poo to keep trying over and over again and really depends on which Wind job you got if you're going to not want to die before it's done.

For Omega, I doubt it since his 95% evade and 190 defense just make !Fight worthless and the counterattack rips through the dum-dums.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

NO RAGRETS

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Vil posted:

Don't weasel out of your berserker just by sneakily misspelling the tag for it.

gently caress

NO RAGRETS for real this time.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

ZiegeDame posted:

gently caress it. Regged for Chaos BERSERKERRISK. I hope I get 4 Berserkers. That has to be way more doable than a solo Berserker, right?

I got to Omniscient before I got bored with how 4 berserkers runs.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Alabaster White posted:

Is it even possible to beat Exdeath with a 4 berserker setup without the absolute luckiest streak ever? You have to fight both forms with no control or healing whatsoever and I think that even at Lv99 you probably couldn't beat him in a damage race.

Well you need the absolute luckiest streak ever to get past Sandworm and Sole Cannon already so what's new?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Alabaster White posted:

It's probably possible theoretically but it's definitely a monkey typewriter level of probability.

That's the Berserker SCC in a nutshell.

ultrafilter posted:

How do you take on Omniscient with Berserkers?

Lucky Mage Masher silences in perfect sequence. Since he resets for you if you fail you just leave it on and begin to wonder if there even is a seed for the RNG that allows victory.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Mega64 posted:

Then just to spite you, :siren: I HEREBY PLEDGE $1 PER GOON WHO POSTS A NEO DEATHSHOT WITH THE NAME "Fartz" :siren: ($50 max, once per goon, punctuation is fine [like Fartz! or Fartz?])

poo poo I was gonna try to find a name to make him a Karnak Truther.

QUEEN LIED SORCERERS DIED

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

nuru posted:

Also, how many people just end up using frameskip to overlevel to make things easy?

Who the gently caress gains levels? I find myself at level 28 in front of neo-exdeath and suddenly become aware that I can't deal enough damage to prevent Almagest and can't survive one when it lands.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Chaotic Neutral posted:

Nope! No Oracle abilities bring across their Magic score. Oracle is utterly dead weight.

You master it for the magic score instead of Summoner if you're maximizing your freelancers/mimes and move on.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Kyrosiris posted:

Yes, this means if you get a Fire/Earth job at Wind and Berserker at water, it's Zerkers Until Karnak. :unsmigghh:

(apparently the random assignment of jobs will be engineered to minimize needed freelancer time, as well)

On one hand LiquidFlame wasn't that bad in the SCC. On the other hand I was at level 18 when I Zerked it. And if you get unlucky and get an Earth job for both Wind and Fire, you're fighting Sandworm with Berserkers.

I'm somewhat concerned I made a terrible mistake signing up for both chaos and berserker risk.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

I'm redy. I'd like to go with a Karnak Truther name but 10% of another berserker is what I'd rather have, for some hosed up reason.

What color should I make the background, anyway?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Kyrosiris posted:

Whatever color the box of fartz that Abductor drops is. :v:

Poo brown. Goin' for it.

Mostly because I've already done hot pink and red.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Golden Goat posted:

I know insta-death definitely isn't the best option (especially with DD's team setup) but to me it's just satisfying handing all my members death sickles and watchings skulls appear over each enemy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Rh5pCRleI

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Jueg01 posted:

That said, it seems like it would be really sucky/boring to be stuck with a non-physical Wind job in terms of ability variety.

!Black, !White, and !Blue hand over their magic scores so you can improve the Rune Axe and Gaia Hammer. If nothing else, the mages are significantly more powerful classes than the physical ones.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

InfernoBlade posted:

Consider the tree well-watered. Oh and I'm going to get my employer to match that.

So I haven't seen this thread for a few days, there's 75 posts I wonder what's haWoah.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
So I have Summoner/Samurai/Berserker/Berserker. I got to the seal guardians and had trouble because the berserkers kept putting them in flip-out range before I could wipe them out. I eventually just took away their weapons so they punched for zero damage and I could set up the double !zeninage.

Except one of my berserkers is Galuf.

I forgot what happened after the seal guardians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVsanc6cen4

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Dareon posted:

It's absolutely imperative that Galuf actually run through X-Death's HP there, isn't it? Like if I'd (for some insane reason) stuck Berserk and the Healing Staff on him, I'd be stuck?

...I have not done that, but now I want to.

You have to deal 7,001 damage to him to get him to the rest of his script.

code:
Condition:HP < 43000{
     Display Text: Exdeath:  Take this!!
     Specialty
[...]
          Display Text: Galuf:  Even if my life
          Display Text: 'burns out...I will defeat you!!
          Set V00=01
          Set V01=01
          Nothing
          }
     }
Hence why Galuf spent an hour punching him on my file. If you can't deal damage it goes nowhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Shwqa posted:

Berserker it and abuse mirage vest or the golem summon.

Or if you have a bard. Make someone in your team a zombie with reflect ring equip. Have your bard hide until the dragon is dead.

That's regular Shinryu. We're talking Neo Shinryu (who is immune to Berserk (and a lot of things really)).

• Locked thread