Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
I am so ready for whatever Chaos mode may be. Maybe this year I won't need to wait for Omniscient's MP to run out again. :shepicide:

Xad fucked around with this message at 19:14 on May 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
So if what I'm assuming is correct, chaos berserker risk could give you FOUR berserkers :getin:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Prism posted:

Which was hilarious when I found it out. Plus, I mean, what else are they going to use as passives? Counter?

I always give them Two-Handed so they do extra damage, but that's also because I've had Knight and Berserker the past two years, iirc.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Capsaicin posted:

Does anyone remember any of the dumb-dumb things that dumb-dumb speedrunner said last year while running his Fiesta? I vaguely remember him saying letting the Aegis Shield burn was a good idea? :confused:

I know there was something else about carefully calculating each crystal's health during the fight, and then managing to gently caress it all up.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Nihilarian posted:

Even the GBA jobs?

No, just the ones you get from World 1, no GBA jobs and no Mimic.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Countblanc posted:

I play co-op with a friend of mine for the FJF and the GBA version doesn't have that unless a patch exists or something

You could probably just use a game genie code to unlock all the jobs or something?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Edward_Tohr posted:

Could the year of the Quadzerker Fiesta truly be upon us?

The text on #BERSERKERRISK says that it'll replace your water/fire/earth crystal jobs if you're in random, so maaaaybe it won't start you with berserkers in Chaos, but it doesn't say. So maybe.

Either way.

#regchaos #BERSERKERRISK

LET'S FIND OUT :black101:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Brannock posted:

How is this different than the old random mode? Just that you can get duplicates?

I think Chaos would be interesting if along with assigning jobs, it also assigned your abilities. Try to win with what you're given!

Chaos is different in that you can get assigned jobs before you hit the crystal (so if you're using the fiesta spirit patch you can use your first job as soon as you start the game), AND it allows duplicates. Previously the only way to get multiple of any job was to have #random #BERSERKERRISK and get multiple berserkers, or in FF1-mode you could get duplicates of those jobs, except for Red Mage.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Poulpe posted:

So this'll be my first FJF and my first time playing FF5 at all in like 10+ years- am I going to hit some kind of complete brick wall challenge wise? I realize of course that some combinations are easier than others for sure but I'm hearing a lot of stuff like "don't level up that's stupid," which is definitely not how I was imagining playing it.

I guess is there a generic "things you should know before you try this"?

Basically just ask in the thread or in the IRC channel if you're having trouble somewhere. Depending on what jobs you have there might be some fancy tricks you can pull off that don't involve grinding.

There's also a google doc (that's in the OP?) that has a big list of tips for certain jobs/bosses.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Fartz! is ready. Just beat the wing raptor, bring on the chaos :black101:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
So far I have Beastmaster/Berserker/Berserker. So the sand worm should be a fun fight.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

nuru posted:

I've tried this 5 times without any luck. Is it a bug GBA fixed?

gbuchold is using the GBA version, though maybe if you're using the EU version of the game it might be different?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Another Fartz! victory for ya, Mega64.

Beastmaster/Berserker/Berserker/Ranger was...interesting. Never used Beastmaster before, so I quickly discovered that whips are awesome. Fartz basically just threw healing items everywhere while switching to !Rapid-Fire when everyone was healthy, and Faris spammed !Rapid-Fire chicken knife while helping with healing after Almagests. Though one Grand Cross gave Faris Old status so I had to pass the chicken knife to Fartz and they basically switched roles mid-fight.

Also after hours of trying to time !Calm spam correctly, I beat Omega for the first time!

I'll probably try to get Shinryu before I start my next run since I've never beaten him either, and I have the means to Berserk/Blind him, I just need to keep trying until the blind actually works :v:.

EDIT:

WOO MY FIRST TRIPLE CROWN

Screw using !Release with an Ushabti, Shinryu's Magic Evasion is way too high. Dark Bow + !Aim works 100% of the time. :cool:

Xad fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Jun 26, 2015

• Locked thread