Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

Started this yesterday and I just got my fire job of geomancer today. My team so far is knight, time mage and geomancer.

Can anyone give me any advice on how to make best use of my geomancer? I have played this game a billion times but never found them that useful outside of the instant death move in the marshlands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

I've played FF5 a lot but this is the first time I've beaten Omega.

I cheesed him with quick and a poison rod, but a win is a win!

I'm really enjoying my team of knight/time mage/geomancer/dancer. It's a pretty decent set and it's been a good challenge without being frustrating or grindy so far. Geomancers are surprisingly useful in more situations than I thought they'd be when I got assigned it.

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

Shinryu and NED make that a triple crown. Shinryu was taken down by using a Knight !Guarding and covering everyone and then pelting him with meteors and sword dances. NED was taken down using a great idea from blinking beacon nose: quick--> meteor--> meteor/elixir. Thanks dude, that helped boost my damage a ton and it might have taken me an embarassing amount of tries to figure that out myself.

I really enjoyed this. I had a good but not broken team and it made the game really fun to play.

I'm probably gonna sign up for another run once my victory registers, but not start it for another few days.

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

Beat Omega again in my second run and I gotta say that this is an incredibly unfair team for him. !Calm locking him down while !Mix buffs and spellsword Thundaga does the max damage per hit. It would only have been more of a massacre if I had a ranger instead of a blue mage for !rapid fire spellblade.

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

So I'm about to enter the void again and I'm considering how to take on the super bosses. My party is Knight, Berserker, Ninja and Bard. So I have Omega down easily. But I'm not sure how to take on Shinryu. I don't think I have any way to berserk him like I usually do. Is the zombie method the only real way I have to beat him?

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

slowbeef posted:

I managed the Triple Crown (my first run ever!)... but I had to resort to a super cheesy strat for Shinryu that you can do too.

- Put Angel Ring on your Bard (if you have it) - not necessary but it'll keep the Bard from getting zombie status.
- Let the other members get zombified; there's an enemy in the last room that will do it.
- Put Reflect Rings on the zombies.
- If you can get the bard's turn before Tidal Wave, Hide for the entire battle.

Now wait about two hours (15-20 minutes with fast-forward). Shinryu has a 1/3 chance of casting Atomic Ray which will reflect and hit him for about 500-1000 HP. Easy win.

(Note: Thanks to A Raving Loon who told me that trick.)
Thanks for all the strategies for shinryu, but I did end up going with this zombie trick. I tried straight fighting him but got murdered a lot and I couldn't be bothered to grind levels (especially since I really need to finish this run this weekend) and I wasn't any good at using hide tactics. This worked, albeit it took forever. Thanks slowbeef and by extension A Raving Loon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

I did 4 runs and got 4 triple crowns. I always had something that could cheese them (time mage, chemist, beastmaster or bard).

• Locked thread