Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

ultrafilter posted:

You can reverse image search that to find the gallery with the other classes.

What, you're gonna post those images and not bring up the ones he/she did for Berserker?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Jueg01 posted:

Based on the talk in the thread, it doesn't matter which version you use as long as it's not a blatant cheating hack?

Nope, go ahead and use whatever version you feel like. Yes, even the PSX port if that strikes your fancy.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Countblanc posted:

So I've heard people here say that levels are the least important resource in FFV, or something like that. Why is that, I don't really get why you'd want to run all the time, it seems like that'd catch up with you unless you had an instant death trick for the bosses.

Does a game where you can beat the final ultimega super bullshit bonus megaboss at levels of 5,4,4, & 5 sound like a game where levels are particularly important?

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

MonsieurChoc posted:

The best new content though is throughout the entire game: the new translation.

"Let her go, you fiendish, lecherous, piratety pirate!"
"Oh my stars and comets! HE'S A SHE!"
"Creeping crawdads! Something's got a hold on the ship!"

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

During my current non-variant run of FFV, heinous abuse of Jump was what I used to get past Titan.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Out of curiosity (since I haven't figured it out) what are the 750 and No 750 variants?

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Alright, pre-registered. Nothing crazy, just berserker risk. I'm actually still doing my first normal playthrough right now (Exdeath's Castle), so this'll be something alright.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Detheros posted:

First time fiesta goer here, RegChaos with Berserker Risk, bring it on :black101:

First time ZerkerChaos buddies! :buddy:

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Brannock posted:

How is this different than the old random mode? Just that you can get duplicates?

The idea that we've settled on is that Chaos will also pull from later crystals as well as earlier crystals.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

I know I'm kinda late to this one, but:

Does anybody else notice that they aren't even remotely trying to hide that Faris is a woman?

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

khy posted:

Also, I enjoy the humor in the Android version of V.

Whip - description "Best used when problems come along"

So trying to come up with an interesting party comp. Tell me how awful this will be :

Mystic Knight w/ 2handed - Butz
Ninja w/ I dunno yet - Faris
Time Mage w/ White Magic - Lenna
Summoner w/ Black Magic - Galuf/other chick
Firstly, the Android translation is the same as the GBA translation (Not that anything's wrong with that, the GBA translation is a hoot).
Secondly, coming off of my first complete run of FFV, that's a pretty solid party comp. As a matter of fact, that's pretty much exactly how my mages were set up. If you have the patience to make the Ninja master Ranger, Rapidfire & Dual-Wield is a nasty combo. I didn't see much use from 2-Handed, but that Mystic Knight looks pretty good either way. So actually, your party isn't awful at all (besides a worrying lack of Mix, but that doesn't take long to get).

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

I'm redy. I'd like to go with a Karnak Truther name but 10% of another berserker is what I'd rather have, for some hosed up reason.

What color should I make the background, anyway?

Either toxic yellow-green or hot pink.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

dis astranagant posted:

PSX version doesn't like me.

I was playing the PSX version a few years back on an emulator, and I remember that pulling up the save screen did some wonky things. I'll have to do that again eventually, because the screwiness persisted until you closed the pause menu completely and I remember that the characters actually looked pretty cool all glitched up. It kinda just mixed and matched color palletes and jobs, and the result was shockingly good-looking.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

InfernoBlade posted:

I think I'm going to the job fair. There's nothing in my run that deals any damage to speak of. Definitely going to swap a chemist for something else, question is what?

The only person you have any business switching is Geomancer. And switch him to Ninja, I'd say.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Ramc posted:

Now that he has realized there are other jobs in this game (he saw Sully's collection of job icons on his solo run page) I am probably going to have my own personal challenge run on the side with him. Beat the game with a 3-year-old picking your jobs at any given time.

He liked the kitty Krile White Mage... and the Berserker Bartz one. :gonk:

We'd love to have that documented in the FFV challenge run thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

ultrafilter posted:

Doesn't Thief get Find Passages innately? Or was that something else they changed for the GBA release?

No, Passages is an innate.

• Locked thread