Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Democracy: Farmer, Wildling and Ninja

theshim posted:

Open the blood gates :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

I always thought that bit about testing luck was just meaningless flavour text. :v:
Same here. I didn't know this would also result in a fight.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Flavion because that was a great chapter in Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door. Or Sirio if everyone is ok about naming it after this.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

Here lies Guild Tidehunt. Murdered by a giant green bird.

I hope you enjoyed this Let's Play! Thank you for reading!

:allears: I was waiting for that oversized bird.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

MEGAQUEEN, Fang and Alice

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

I also wish that you could reorder who comes first on the Explorere Guild list.
But you can? When you go to formation menu to choose your party members, select one and press left. Now you can reorder them.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Alice, MEGAQUEEN and Sidney

Dr. Fetus posted:

You people are gonna try to shove Alice into every party, aren't you?
Of course!

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

Are you happy now, Alice supporters? Useless and did nothing all fight. And she will continue to be useless. IS THIS WHAT YOU WANTED!?
Isn't the point of LP polls to make the game more difficult to the person playing it?

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Asteria, Akatsuki and Scott

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I found out the conditional for the boss after three fights, though. Kill it with Bash damage.
Either I should give my Linkshark an axe or just go with "STICKS!"

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Ninja

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Inadequately posted:

Sidney, Cassandra and Fang
This. Wildlings are great.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Sabertooth Tiger is the best Beast. :colbert:

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Akatsuki, MEGAQUEEN and Alice

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Armoroad.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Asteria, Cassandra and Fang

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Asteria, Sidney, Cassandra.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Kaishaku is going to be maxed, right?

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Scott, Fang and Charlotte

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

Wait, no! NO! NO! I forgot to change Charlotte's skill build back! :gonk:
: KAISHAKU DOORI :black101:

I'm not sorry

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Charlotte, Rose and Faye

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Please keep Kaishaku, I want her gossip book to slowly become a Death Note. :allears:

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

You really need to trade your EO luck for your real life luck.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Scott, Faye, Charlotte. It's time for expensive burning blades: take 2

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

At least you can see both the direction and the times you turn around so it's annoying but not bullshit.

The first Class of Heroes game (which is a Wizardry reskin) on the other hand had this thing

"Rotating" tiles which just changes your direction randomnly when stepped, on top of dark zones where you can't see anything that are also on top of anti-spell zones. At least there's not a single damage tile, or damaging walls.

And since I'm talking about it, here's one of the first maps you can run into:

Those green orbs are teleporters, and they transport you back at the beginning or the end, depending if you're on the top half or the bottom half of the map.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

That (some of?) its dungeons are randomly generated completely invalidates that point several times over, though.
It's not really randomly generated once you know how the maps work. There's only 78 maps at all, of those, 48 are reused between them but the dungeons themselves follow a few rules:

1) Each dungeon has a center map that will never change.
2) The left side and right side in a dungeon, while randomly chosen, are part of a set. Each set has a pool of 4 maps to chose from, since there's 48 maps, that means there are 12 sets (starting with map 18, and ending with map 65)

Tohaus Trail, for example, has three sets plus the center and goes like this (From/To Boesthaus) - Left 1 - Left 2 - Left 3 - Center - Right 3 - Right 2 - Right 1 - (To/From Yamhaus)
Left and Right 1 are always from the 5th set (maps 34 to 37); Left and Right 2 are always from the 6th set (maps 38 to 41); finally Left and Right 3 are from the 7th set (maps 42 to 45)

3) Since maps are reused between them, that means if you unlock the shortcuts they will carry over the next time you land on that same map even if it was a different dungeon.
4) Most of the maps are mirrored, so if you mapped one part (be it left/right or top/bottom) it makes finding the exit a bit easier.

I'm a bit sad that this system was scrapped in the sequels but on the other hand, each dungeon now has their own maps with their own typical Wizardry bullshit. It's not that funny trecking all the way to the exit with a single fairy alive because the deep water tile happened to have an anti-spell effect killing everyone who doesn't fly naturally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

Bonus: Abyssal God with no subclasses.

REALLY don't try this one at home! It took over 50 attempts. Turns out when you don't have access to subclassing, your options diminish greatly!
I thought that theshim and Saigyouji were the crazy ones :catstare:

• Locked thread