Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Oh baby, I've been waiting for this. It's looking really good so far, where did you find all the enemy info, out of curiosity?

Humphrey the Hoplite, Portrait 7
For fame and for glory he arrives at Armoroad and has an ego the size of his armour. He doesn't take injury or the cold too well, but really what could possible touch the invincible and immortal Humphrey von Tootenheimer? (His older sister calls him Tooty)

LP'ers choice to begin with, I'm sure that won't last. I'm happy with Tidehunt, I'm rubbish at guild names. :v:

Crosspeice fucked around with this message at 17:08 on May 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

I'm resourceful! I found it in another bout of internet dumpster diving. Along with a bunch of other info about the game.

I knew there'd be something like that somewhere, I'm glad you were able to get it.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I see :smug: is guest starring in this LP.

Makes me realize there's no need for my character, we've got more than enough :smug: for the entire game.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Level Seven posted:

I'd bet he has the artbook that was a preorder bonus for EOIII, it's got class artworks, background art and names of most of the NPCs from EO 1-3.

That or a wiki.

Scans of the artbook found online, more likely.

Everyone should give them a read, they're really cool. But of course, major, major spoilers.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

You've got Desmume, the first thing should be a variety of exp multiply cheats. Don't make this more difficult then you should.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I know. It sounds boring. What would be the point doing it legitimately? When you can do it quicker and faster with cheats. Obviously, I'm not saying cheat and cheapen the game, just don't waste time grinding when you can.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Honestly, you're all making it way to complicated. It's just A ship. :v:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

The Sea Quests were such a cool addition and probably tripled the bosses this game has. I suppose the various minibosses in EO4 are kind of the same. They have the same track at least, but I much prefer the remixed version. Maybe I'm just a big sucker for real loud, bombastic tracks. The original track is still amazing, but in a different way.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

You've put a Small Shell as the Spotted Frog's drops, fyi.

And sure I'll vote for a new party. Erm, who are the voted characters? The second post only has the members we've used.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Hope you're alright there buddy, I know SSLPs can be a pain in the dick.

Let's get some fresh blood in, Akatsuki, Scott and MEGAQUEEN

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

It seems lpix is dead, but I guess I can still see them since they're still in my cache? (I don't know how that works)

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Yeah, since you need to beat each boss 4 times anyway, you can try every strategy with every class you want.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Yeah, uh, what kinda crazy person would think about lping EO4? Pfft, sounds like a dumb idea...

EDIT: While I'm here on the top of the page, I'm loving the LP, keep it up!

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

:stare:

Yeah, uh, playing video games for internet strangers should not be on your priorities. Hope you're doing okay and no one was hurt.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I... I don't wanna choose. Don't make me. :ohdear:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I had no idea that detective quest had so much dialogue. But yeah, best to just go with the obvious answer for sweet exp. Also, you've repeated Faye's status image instead of showing her skills.

Rose, Sydney, Cassandra

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

(It's uh, taking up several hundred gigs. Like 400 to 500.)

:stare:

Have you like kept all of the raw footage, or have 5 million images? I don't think the longest JRPG LPs take up that much space.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

All the way up to 10 to nullify, otherwise it's a slow 5/6% each level until it jumps from 55% to 100% reduction.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Nah, let's exterminate these assholes. Tell them!

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Captain Bravo posted:

Hahaha, holy poo poo, did I accidentally stumble into a FFXI LP? You've got your paladin subbing ninja for shadows to tank damage? :v:

EO4 lets you do more or less the same thing (but with grooving instead).

This won't get picked, but if Alice goes Wildling we could get a bit of variety, at least. We don't need three Ninja, but we could use two drummers.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

Just wondering, how do you all feel about bug exploits? Your answer probably won't affect my decision on how I'll handle something, but I just wanna know anyway.

Every EO game has bugs, it's natural to have a few available, so go hog wild.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

If you had the whole thing ready, then might as well post it. Still really fun to watch.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Yeesh, Curse conditionals. That only took a few hundred tries to land the drat thing, then another few hundred tries to the thing to die to it. Nasty.

My Monk worked perfectly as a healer, only went for some fist stuff when I had points to burn.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I just gave my Princess the Farmer sub, since some of their utility skills are very good and my Princess needed a lot of skill points to be effective.

But sure, Buccaneer.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I get that stuff all the time when I use the 'get all drops' cheat.

you fucker

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

:vd:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I still have to wonder what the hell you really have in all that stuff. My current Kay LP where I have hours of recorded stuff comes up to the same amount of your EO2 LP. And that's a full 7 hours of HD game.

I would maybe recommend a 2TB external hard drive. Never worry about space again.

Crosspeice fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Sep 6, 2015

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Yeah, seems about right, some of my Yellow updates have around 300-400 screenshots. I just didn't think it would add up to that much, but that might be the difference between GBC screenshots and DS screenshots. You did say previous that you did keep all the recorded footage, which definitely does add up a lot, especially for a game like this where you have around twenty different videos of all sorts of things to mash together into a few updates or so.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Inadequately posted:

Sidney, Cassandra and Fang

Aye

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

There was one a long time ago, but the images have been lost to the eons. Then there was another one, but it petered out by the 4th stratum, still very good though.

I'm sure it'll only be a matter of time before all mainline EO games are LPed. Just in time for more to come out!

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

m4444 posted:

Oh, of course, old image hosting sites. Lots of stuff has been lost to those. I'm half tempted to do one myself, but I've not done any sort of LP before, and more importantly, I'm an awful writer. Don't think a straight informative LP would be terribly interesting. Ah well, as you say, it'll be done at some point.

SSLPs are a lot of work, but it is real satisfying to finish an update and watch all the replies and views pour in. EO games lend themselves better to narrative, but it's not necessary. You will be at it for a while though, it is a pretty long JRPG, more or less. Maybe go for something smaller to begin with?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Enemie sprites/models are reused here and there, but their abilities, names and even drops change between games, so you're technically facing a different enemy. And then there's lategame recolours and such.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Susan, Cassandra, Ali- ah jk, Asteria

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Well, I've got some save files with save states at each of the endings (and 100% completion up to that point, more or less), so I can give you those easy.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

Oh, I guess those could work.

I'll PM them you when I've figured out where I am in each backup, but it seems it's just before the final boss at each of the endings, with everything else complete.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Yggdroid can be effective if you go for their passives and focus on other classes, but then you miss out on great Class Skills. I look forward to the overhaul these guys will get in EOU3, since some of their abilities sound great on paper, but it then becomes a mishmash of crap.

As for the choices, it seems to be more favorable to go Armoroad, since the game kinda glosses over all the guilds Olympia murdered and saying it was "for the best" is really not how you make me sympathetic to your cause. But then going the Deep City route makes sense to stop the gung ho attitude of Armoroad, since they're really keen to fight an enemy that seem to be impossible to beat. But since we killed two Deep Ones already, how hard can it be, really?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

You're posting name puns in a thread on the internet that plays the game because you can't be arsed.

We are all long gone, my child.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

For once, we're not letting Dr. Fetus suffer. Armoroad

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

You did leave out the screenshot where you got the Golem's King Grimoire. Twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Ah, I knew there was a third ending! Protect the Gatekeeper? Destroy the Gatekeeper? Nah, just Die to the Gatekeeper!

• Locked thread