Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Endorph posted:

i wish to provide a sample gif of my character:

So for those of us who haven't seen... whatever this is, what is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Unfortunately none of the above solutions worked. I guess I'll be running a literally blind LP for a while until the issue fixes itself on my end.
Can't you use the SSLP test poster to preview your updates? It'll be annoying that you can't see the images on SA, but you should be able to get all the images in order in the tester.

EDIT: Also, one of the announcements when the forums got moved to the cloud was that you might have to undo any fuckery you made to your hosts file to deal with some of SA's issues in the past. I don't know if you ever did anything like that, but it's worth asking.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Dr. Fetus posted:

It combines the worst aspects of Shiren the Wanderer and Etrian Odyssey to create an unenjoyable slog. The party AI is awful, and unlike in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, you can't do much about it other than going solo, which utterly breaks the game's exp curve. The FOE equivalent in this game, known as DOEs, cannot take more than one point of damage unless they have 2 ailments or debuffs on them. Oh, and debuffs have accuracy checks in this game, instead of being automatically applied, so they're annoying to take down.
See, I had the opposite problem with EMD: the DOEs were a goddamn joke. The only thing you need to fight them is enough Blast (EMD's version of Limit) to activate the skill that lets you control your entire party for the duration. Once that's up it's almost trivial to prevent the DOE from doing basically anything, especially if you manage to trap one in a hallway.

EMD's real problem was that there was basically no variety. Aside from the backgrounds and music, all of the dungeons are exactly the same, and the Mystery Dungeon template is too limiting to give enemies any interesting strategies or gimmicks. So you end up going through hundreds of floors that all look the same, facing enemies that aren't really any different from the ones you've already seen. It'd take a miracle to not be bored by the end of it, and I never even touched any of the postgame stuff.

The music was at least pretty great, but they managed to misstep there too, by making the EO1 and EO2 FOE tracks the themes for two of the main dungeons. I don't care how good the remixes are, I don't want to listen to those tracks on repeat for a couple hours.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Dr. Fetus posted:

For I have discovered something truly horrifying. :stonk:
That's amazing. So does this work with any buff? Could Charlotte make use of this somehow?

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Level Seven posted:

How the hell does buffing corpses count as a kill move, game?
I'm guessing the code is something along the lines of "perform attack/skill, then check to see if target is dead."

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Pureauthor posted:

I see no falsehoods
loving :same:. gently caress this boss.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

It should probably be pointed out that Pureauthor meant it when he said there were no falsehoods in this joke update. That part about the Abyssal God being able to heal itself for 11,475 HP was not OFS randomly smashing his numpad--that's the actual amount of HP the boss can restore to itself. Whenever it wants. :atlus:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

The guillotine was my execution of choice in my own playthrough, but I'm gonna vote for The Electric Chair because I'm honestly rather curious how it works.

• Locked thread