Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Nothing to add, except that you have a minor typo

Fridurmus posted:

As usual for these kinds of games, this is just a kind of tutorial battle. There's no real risk of failure and only a handful of weak enemies, so we can run through some game mechanics. I won't be showing every turn, at least not of this episode, because let's be honest: you know how this is likely to go. Instead, let's talk UI elements.

In the upper right, you can see a Director's Instructions box; in this case, our job is to defeat three enemies. That's not hard at all (in fact, it's required to beat the episode) but in later battles those instructions will be optional objectives. Completing them will fill up our ratings bar in the very top of the screen there, helping us get (and keep) fans. The instructions are largely related to style, and it's important to remember that in Chroma Squad, style is law. We must get an audience, after all, if we're going to survive as a studio!

that should probably be left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Leader: Justin Bo, J Blues, Red
Assault: Justin Bailey, Alert Johansen, Orange
Scout: Justin Bonk, Ryo Yoshi, Yellow
Techie: Justin Beaver, Mr. Beaver, Green
Assist: Justin Beiber, Von Andy, Cyan

• Locked thread