Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

David Copperfield posted:

Are there still any notes about the bust size decisions for every female character design?

How else do you expect them to show whose a Valkyrie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
The original French Foreign Legion was sorta like that, and France was pretty good at the whole 'war' thing back in the day.

On the other hand, the FFL was also never given any important jobs for obvious reasons, whereas the Nameless are because :downs:.

Unrelated, I just noticed Kurt says he's still fought in two battles even after he just fought his third.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Apparently the Nameless were based off of the 442nd Infantry Regiment.

Tae posted:

I think the 1st two we saw are just one long continuous battle. You can have multiple skirmishes that add up to a battle.

I mean at the start of the game he says was in two battles, then the first level happens.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 01:22 on May 22, 2015

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Lotish posted:

Burn Gallia down.

Valkyria Chronicles is very good at making me hate it's characters, if nothing else. I don't think there's anyone at all I liked in the first two games. Really, Riela and Imca don't make too good first impressions either.

But Kurt's alright.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Dominatrix chick gets the honor of being the first female character in VC3 I don't like. :toot:

Internet Kraken posted:

You know I don't think I've played a game where I got to control a badass grandma. That's pretty novel.

I didn't play the first game much but I thought there was a similar character there, too.

TWIST FIST posted:

Yeah this game isn't the hilarious trainwreck that vc2 is but it just ends up being kinda dull instead. Like, I can't remember how a single character mission goes in this game while the ones in vc2 were at least memorably dumb.

This might at least partially be because of the translation, I dunno

Also Imca owns y'all are just haters

You sure you played through the whole game? Some of the character missions were awesome.

Francis posted:

The dating sim situations and awful characters are already making me more angry than most of VC2.

I honestly have no idea how you can jump right into this after getting so sick of the first game's environments.

The dating sim stuff hasn't even come up yet. :colbert:

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 07:34 on May 24, 2015

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Tae posted:

artist is still obsessed with breast

Did I already make a Valkyrie joke?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I like a couple of things about this scene, like how Kurt was immediately tired of Welkin.

Also as Gusurg mentioned, the Imperials like the Darscen even less than the Gallians do. So basically The Nameless (and I guess militia) vs. Calamity Raven is like an entertaining sideshow for the main powers in the conflict.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Man, you're an update machine Tae.

Tae did a VC2 LP, was there ever a VC1 LP?

Krysmphoenix posted:

Wow. That was actually really good. Showed a lot for his character, and had a nice reconciliation with Darcsen hatred for the gallian soldiers.

Yeah, having Kurt step into the background for these was a good decision.

It's such a shame that the series ended with a sort of cliffhanger. VC1 had decent gameplay with awful writing, VC2 was sort of fun in some ways, but VC3 is genuinely good.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 06:35 on May 27, 2015

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I got to finishing the VC2 LP and I just realized that Erik, who was good at defending camps, had the last name "kampmann." :haw:

Tae posted:

Non-First post reader, trap sprung

Off to The Nameless with me. :negative:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

paragon1 posted:

Christ the Gallian army is full of incompetent assholes. It really says something that the Empire is considered worse if this is what the good guys get up to, yeah?

Remember what the leadership of at least part of the Imperial Army was in the first game? A cowardly traitor, Dr. Mengeles, a delusional stalker, Lex Luthor and Jaeger.

VC is a bit heavy handed with these things.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Going away from translation chat for a moment, I was reading the VC2 LP properly this time and even if the characters in this game aren't high art, man they're so much more interesting.

We actually get to see characters interact with each other outside of those awful, awful skits!

There were characters in VC2 that interested me (Reiner, Helmut, Sigrid) but then they all just went nowhere, like Juliana started her struggle in regards to Zeri/Darcsens. Then she just died with completely no buildup or followup. Or maybe not because it's not like anyone ever mentions it again.

Oh well. Maybe it couldn't be helped. :v:

LiquidRain posted:

Christ, so many updates! What a machine! Thanks Tae. :)

LP would be a far better subforum if every other LPer was replaced by Tae. :v:

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 11:04 on May 28, 2015

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

gyrobot posted:

But the trend of moral greyness in my video games! I want an assassin for hire who was sent because he was taking specific bounties on the head of certain people

You did this all the time in the VC2 thread too, what is your obsession with edgy grimdark

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Well.

Most of a face.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

chiasaur11 posted:

To be fair, the 3211s are a proud and respected family.

Things got awkward with the parents when Shocktrooper wanted to be a scout, though.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I like how they straight up call him Japanese there.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
"If I were a noble I never would have been abandoned."

Yeah. Rich people would NEVER mistreat their children.

Shinji117 posted:

So what, Selvy was the heroine of VC1?
Art team is being stupid/drunk when commenting, as normal. At least it's better than VC2's 'every second character' cringeworthy quotes.

How can you be a Valkyrie without boobs? I think that's what this series has taught us.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Gridlocked posted:

"The one thing we didn't want to change about our heroine character was her "ample proportions" because we believe that is what makes a heroine." - VC Art team.

Back on the Boob train, and we had a decent streak with out it for a while.

iirc there's a line about how Riela doesn't do up her jacket because she can't. because her boobs are too big, you see.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Tae posted:

I thought you posted in the VC2 thread

Don't remind me. :(

TWIST FIST posted:

the people in this thread seem way more obsessed with boobs than the developers, in my opinion

Boobs are good.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I still can't get over how ridiculously stupid Valerie's "let's not tell Riela our actual plan" thing. Kurt, I thought of you as better than that. :psyboom:

Ikasuhito posted:

put her ahead of the curve

If you know what I mean. :pervert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Brony Hunter posted:

Man Avan seems like the worst here. Imagine if he had that Potential in VC2! The game would be practically unplayable!

You're implying it isn't already. :razz:

• Locked thread