Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

I dont think the faction exists anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Too bad entities cant move on rails between two other entities.

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Thats very cool but not very useful for my purposes.
Im trying to build a hangar elevator, but on rail entities won't move from the flight deck rails to the elevator or vice versa.
Adding pistons and poo poo to shove fighters off and on rails clutters the hangar and is a shitton of design work.

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Ill have to do something like make a tug/cart or just abandon the elevator entirely for that hull. I have another carrier design that uses trays on rails to shuffle fighters around, but that doesnt really work for this ones concept.

It is impressive how much this game continues to improve. Even little things like more armor colors can make a huge difference in designing a ship.

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Slabs are very useful at providing surface contrast without sacrificing interior volume. Also doors in small corridors and rooms.

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Are you going to use the green crystal armor for windows?

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

This fleet/carrier system sounds cool and might actually let me finish refitting the Bastion.

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

The shop you first started at should be in a protected sector. Pirates shouldnt attack you there.
You could try building a few quick and dirty defense turrets, just a pile of guns and shields with no engines and an ai, and float them near your shipyard.
If you build an actual shipyard you can set it as your homebase with a faction block, making it and everything docked to it invincible.

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

The introduction of ship hp massively slowed down combat. You have to deal a certain amount of structure damage, represented by ship systems, to disable a ship. Previously you only had to do enough damage to blast a hole through to the core.
Artillery turrets seem to be doing most of the work on my ships, possibly because arty had innate punchthrough (or piercing?) and will wreck more systems per shot then mgs which dont seem to be very useful except as pd now.
Also homing missiles.

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Wireless logic would require a seperate ship with wireless logic linked to the ramp receiver. The simplest way is to sneak a plex/blast door in somewhere so you can get inside and fiddle with systems.

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Supposedly ship based factories and respawns are a thing with capital ship systems.

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Is it just me or do the pickup rails not have textures?

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

I haven't messed with the fleet system yet, but in theory you could make your world eater the flagship and as you eat planets dispatch the materiel on shuttles to a shipyard which has one or more world eater blueprints loaded.
Not sure how much control it actually gives you. I think the post talked about mining and trading orders.

Managed to get the Bastions fighter elevator half working. Have a shitton of logic work to do too make the whole thing work. How fast do kickoff rails throw ships?

AirborneNinja fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Mar 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

I've been meaning to play some more but I've had crippling fps issues lately. Probably need to do a clean install.

• Locked thread