Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

counterfeitsaint posted:

:gizz:

Boarding parties, anti-astronaut turrets, and armor that might not (unsure yet) be entirely pointless.

Boarding parties will be amazing once you can properly engage in combat on foot. The dev was talking about the possibility of adding an "infantry" game in the future. IE: New armors and looks for characters that you craft. So you could get in some power armor and just tear poo poo up in the halls of someone else's ship while covering your dinky engineer/hacker types.

Keep in mind that some of the ships people build have huge hangar bays or just huge hallways to facilitate moving vehicles around. So picture some dude assaulting the bay by flying into it with a space flight capable mech that can switch to ground combat when inside. Followed by a proper boarding party to get things rolling. :getin:

I love how this game is basically an EVE pirate's dream.

Edit: Looks like sniper rifles and rocket launchers are already in. Guess I have a lot of catch up on.

Edit 2: Any chance of an invite to the Shattered Skies guild? A goon in it told me to try to contact one of the guys who could invite over Steam, but apparently he isn't available.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jun 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

AirborneNinja posted:

Supposedly ship based factories and respawns are a thing with capital ship systems.

Hell yes. A lack of respawns in the middle of space always made me lose interest in the game due to the logistical issues it causes. That's dumb and goes against the idea of an infinitely expansive galaxy you can explore destroy.

I don't want to base myself in one area. I want to be the roving nightmare. The devourer of both planet and star. The massive asteroid, moon, planet, and eventually sun sized starship that slowly rises over and eclipses the horizon and sunlight before a thousand mining beams vaporize your pathetically tiny planet-side base in a single volley and strip the planet down to it's molten core all so that I can become ever bigger, ever huger, and ever yooger.

Death of the flesh form that acts as a vessel for the mind of the machine is and should be nothing but a moment's pause as the medical bays produce another body to house the planetoid hungry intelligence that guides the machine.

Basically, inevitably, no matter how I start out I always end up playing this game like i'm galactus or some planet devouring mechanical eldritch abomination since it gets boring to just build without a goal after awhile. Respawning at my base and having to fly back if things go wrong is such a pain in the rear end when half the server is panicking when you log on and treats you like the self-perpetuating planet and base killing plague you are.

If this stuff is finally in then it's time to see how close to becoming a malevolent species of Von Neumann probes I can become. :unsmigghh:

Edit: Best part is, with this fleet system now it appears I can do that in a far more terrifying way. Where before there would be one ship now I can build up a swarm of them if people don't band together to stop me. With more being made every time more planets, player bases, and ships die.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Mar 30, 2016

• Locked thread