Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
48 Hour Boner
May 26, 2005

I think something's wrong with this thing
New update is out, shipyards are in.

https://star-made.org/news/starmade-v0-194-shipyards

Apparently shipyards let you build a ship in creative mode, save the blueprint, build a ship from a blueprint, repair a damaged ship, and test-fly ships in a 'virtual sector' before they're built.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

48 Hour Boner
May 26, 2005

Quote is not edit. :(

48 Hour Boner
May 26, 2005

Lowen posted:

Has anyone tried the new mining fleet controls yet? Does it make early game mining less tedious?

In order for it to work, you have to set a non-mining ship as the "flagship" (select the fleet, click the 'up' button for the ship you want as the flagship). Also, if there are no asteroids in the sector the command won't do anything. To get it to work, I had to order the fleet to move to an asteroid sector, then give them to mine command. After that it worked OK. Every ship with a salvage computer/modules will mine except the flagship.

It's still a little tedious, as all fleet members must be present, and the sector has to be loaded. You'll have to hang out with your mining drones while they mine. No one has to fly the flagship, though; it just needs to be in the same sector as your mining drones. Also my fleet was attacked and destroyed by pirates so ymmv. :v:

48 Hour Boner
May 26, 2005

Ghost of Starman posted:

Now I just need to find an elegant way to lower the ramp if it's closed and I'm trapped on the outside of the ship. Wireless Activation Module, I guess? Maybe hidden behind a Plex Door, so it's not garishly obvious on my otherwise unblemished hull?

Area trigger maybe?

48 Hour Boner
May 26, 2005

New update as of yesterday, if anyone is still playing: NPC Factions. They control territory, and will automatically mine, trade, expand, declare war and offer peace. It's a little bit like an automatic 4X, every 15 minutes the faction will make a decision (do I have enough resources to produce more ships? Do I have enough resources to expand my territory? Who did I trade with last, who attacked me last etc.). A server admin can customize NPC faction behavior any way they want, from making them focus mostly on combat over mining or trading, or what ships are in their blueprint collection.

Also, NPC trade ships are physical vessels that can be raided if you want to go be piratey. :yarr:

Details here: https://www.star-made.org/news/starmade-v0-199-349-npc-faction-update

• Locked thread