Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

it's almost like there's no one proper way to do things...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

scribblehatch is this about people not liking you drawing anime titties

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

the main character in The Meek is nude and no one really seems to care about that, what is it about your own comic that would make it in poor taste? Makes you think

edit: it's because you keep bringing it up and making it a weird thing that's why

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

why did you decide naked-crotch Elsa from Disney children's movie Frozen was an appropriate thing to post

why would you use that as an example

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

would you go to like, a real-life gathering of artists or something, something really general, and show people your sexy elsa drawings? Like people are bringing their drawings of landscapes and life studies and poo poo and you're like "heyo check out this painting I did over a 3d model to make it look like a sexy disney character not wearing panties" while looking them dead in the eyes. That's pretty similar to what you're doing here and y'know what if that's the kind of stuff you want to do whatever, but this isn't the place to post it.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

What authority is that image from that makes it worth a drat? There's nothing wrong with a character being likable, sympathetic, or relatable. Hell, it says characters SHOULD be believable, which I'm pretty sure entails a character being relatable in some way. It's a bad picture that reads like something a smarmy person who just took an entry level Creative Writing course would put together.

Crocoswine fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Jul 28, 2015

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

uh I think you'll find that my character profiles defining them by various TV Tropes proves you wrong

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Meis posted:

you can act all aloof and ironic now if you really want to, but that doesnt change the fact that you earnestly spent hours and hours photoshopping a screenshot of the Eve Online character creator into lovely Frozen erotica lmao

amazing

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

*spends 12 hours painting over an EVE screenshot*

ha ha, I am so good at trolling

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Stop defending the dumb post-it note picture that makes vague vacuous statements that ultimately say nothing.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Fangz posted:

FWIW I see that image as the sort of Inspirational Motivational Image you see shared on the internet - well intentioned but rather woolly. I'm not sure it is actually worthy of this huffy argument people seem intent on having.

It's not worth having any conversation over at all, but Scribblehatch seems intent on starting some kind of meaningless dialogue about it.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

when a comic doesn't have navigation buttons at the top I wish death upon the author

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Empress Theonora posted:

It turns out that in addition to lots of other probably better brushes that I'll experiment with and probably eventually use, this also just literally has an "MS4 style pencil" which is exactly what I needed right at this moment. There's still a lot of stuff in MS5 I need to get used to, but at least I have a familiar brush to do it with. :shobon:

if you go into the sub tool settings you can get pretty crazy with customizing brushes, I've spent hours tweaking a few that I use regularly. Something to consider if you can't find a brush that quite works, or if you're using a brush that you wished work a liiiiiiittle bit differently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Retro Ghost posted:

Hey guys!! You were all so supportive of my first series I thought I'd share with you the sequel. Basically it's just more stories about my toxic first relationship, except it's not exclusively about times he cried.

http://imgur.com/a/7x5PD

I'm really considering publishing this series and the first together in a lil square booklet, but I'm not sure where to start! Perhaps you all can point me in the right directions. I may just self print little zines!

I uh

wh

huh