Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Security guard in a call center. My job was to alternate between sitting at the front door checking ID badges (even though the only way they could get in was to swipe their badge to get the door open) and to wander around and make sure nobody had anything at their workstation besides a headset, a water bottle, and hard candy. If they had anything else (cell phone, MP3 player, paper, pencil, etc.) I was supposed to find somebody wearing a safety vest (supervisor) and let them know.

I ended up getting fired because I refused to lock my cell phone in a locker during my shift.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

blackmet posted:

A lot of call centers go nuts if you chew gum because people may hear you chew it on the phone. Hard candy is easier to hide the use of.

That job still sounds epically totalitarian. Supervisors. In. Safety. Vests. You've got to be kidding me.

That's not even the half of it. The Senior supervisors (I guess, the guys over the guys in the vests) had their desks up on a platform so they could oversee the whole cube farm. They also had giant flat screen TVs up on the walls that would flash things like "TEAMWORK" and "EMPATHY" and "Diane S. just received a performance award."

Did I also mention that we had to bring out own food/drinks for our break time? They had a break room, but the only way you could buy stuff from the vending machines was by using one of their company-issued debit cards. I took that to mean that that's how these poor suckers got paid.

Security cameras everywhere. I felt like a prison guard with no authority.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

You know your job sucks when you are looking forward to having a colonoscopy because it means you get to take a day off from work.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

Pryor on Fire posted:

Spay and neuter your animals please, I don't care if you live on a farm and your aunt makes money breeding dogs and you might want to do that someday, just loving spay and neuter.

• Locked thread