Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Chaco
Mar 30, 2005

Pryor on Fire posted:

Spay and neuter your animals please, I don't care if you live on a farm and your aunt makes money breeding dogs and you might want to do that someday, just loving spay and neuter.

As a vet, my job is far from the worst, most days, but I do have to deal with the heartbreaking and often disgusting consequences of dumbasses not getting their pets spayed or neutered. Aside from overpopulation concerns, intact animals also get a variety of life-threatening, expensive medical conditions related to still having gonads. These pictures are all pretty nasty, but at least I was able to fix them all. It's worse when we can't fix it, for whatever reason. Spoilered for grossness--I don't mind icky things, thankfully, but I know many people would consider these :nms:

Cat with a necrotic uterus prolapse (note: the uterus is not supposed to be on the outside)

Normal testicle on the left, torsed (twisted) testicle on the right. It's turning black and necrotic.

Pyometra, a uterine infection where the uterus, instead of being about the diameter of a Sharpie, becomes a giant pus-filled anaconda that needs to be immediately, carefully removed lest it rupture and spread all that badness into the abdomen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread