Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Hey Efexeye, can you just reset the league at the first of the month instead of whatever day it was we started?

And Ibexas, are you still in this? From what I can tell you own 0 securities and any gains reported are just from interest on cash held.

I think what I will do is dissolve and re-form the league on the first, and try to re-invite everyone that has asked to be invited. No response from their tech support.

boar guy fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jul 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

I mean I just went to the league page and it still says there are no pending members. Perhaps the Facebook logins are what it doesn't like? I've been a member long enough to have a physical password. Actually, now, when I go in and set the league to public and search for it, nothing comes up.

Also, if you send me your HSX username I can try to invite with that, instead of via email, but it's probably the same thing. I'll likely dissolve and re-form the league on the first.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

jesus gigante i was in the middle of posting this

edit: Okay, so I will remake the league on the first and re-invite everybody here. If you already edited out your email address that means you are in the league already and I'll just reinvite; otherwise, I'll re invite all the email applicants again. Wish this would work, there is some actual interest and as Gigante can attest to, a real prize too!

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

That is a weird rear end stock

90+% fresh on RT but it's down 4% today? I think it's a lock to do more than 50 this weekend, Vacation looks awful

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

I dissolved the old league and made a new one; I invited everyone I could from the info in the thread and my PMs. Here's the link: http://www.hsx.com/league/view.php?id=3592

Season 3 starts today and will run through August 1.

Have fun!

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Uh, everything I have took a massive poo poo today except STAR7

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

This was 30 seconds ago. I seriously still have no idea what the gently caress. I'm reduced to checking my yahoo email addresses' junk mail. Ew.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Nope. I changed it to public thinking maybe there was a limitation on league sizes or something but no dice

this is the entirety of the league interface besides that one screen I've shown:

EDIT: Digging through the forums reveals that this has been going on since the middle of June...keep playing and I'll let everyone know when league applications are fixed.

Sebadoh, prize for season deux is in the mail

boar guy fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Aug 3, 2015

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

It gets hard when you have a lot of H$ too because you can afford to play everything at the max in a weekend and still have a lot of money left over to sink into long term plays. I mean, I'm up 4 million each on Incredibles 2 and Star Wars 7 and I don't see them going anywhere but up, so why wouldn't I hold them long? (this is an actual question because I am bad at HSX :) )

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

yoink

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

What a bunch of garbage releases this week; it's like January Strikes Back

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i'm going all in long on No Escape (TCOUP) just for a larf

also woo hoo fisty takes the lead from sebadoh, this weekend will probably determine who gets August's prize! SPELLBINDING STUFF

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Some TV stocks went live recently, too: http://www.hsx.com/security/feature.php?type=tvstock

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

League resets Tuesday at mignight, looks like Fisty is taking August unless someone else has a late surge over the weekend.

thanks fer playin'! :tipshat:

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Fisty please PM me your address, Sebadoh can verify that the prize is something you want.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

More people makes it more fun! It's tough to contend with small profiles making big relative gains but it's more fun than logging in every 6 months to see Star Wars up $14 or whatever

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Hey badass, I'm out of last!

Love that 5 mil and counting gain on Incredibles 2...

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Use it wisely!

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

I think The Martian is going to kill but that $60 put for the opening weekend looks pretty good, too. Them's blockbuster numbers.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Gains are reset, Fisty took September. Prize is in the mail!

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Why is The Martian down $8

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

gj crindy

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

woke up 18 million cash positive. Martian delisted :)

sunk it all in JB24 and some more LEGO2, that thing is way undervalued right now at $160

currently up $12 million on STAR7 and almost $6 million on NCRD2.

Almost time to pay the monthly stipend to Fisty...

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

It's hard to tell because i have the memory of a swiss cheese but i think i maxed it right after I heard Ridley Scott was directing. I can only see transactions a month back but I know I held that one a while.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Prometheus Deux got a release date

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

...aand Musashi takes November. I just reset the league; sorry, I don't think the October prize went out. Both will go out in the next week, here

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Aye, PM it please.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

I still think Star Wars is way undervalued at $494 a share. It's going to go up at least another hundred, I think

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

stunt casting Idris Elba as Roland and a January release date should tank The Dark Tower pretty effectively before it ever gets off the ground

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

October and November prizes went out today; sorry for the delay but lots of clients like to forget to pay in december

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

No worries! That you're giving out prizes for a free, fun thing to do is icing on the cake, really.

it helped rekindle my interest in the game, so it's all good. however, i wish there were a fairer way to calculate a winner- % gain is a lot easier to get at the lower end of the scale. anyone know of a weighted formula that'd make it more realistic for someone with a large portfolio to be competitive? I made like 32 mil on star wars and i'm still in 4th, haha

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Congratulations, that was quick!

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i am up 44 million on star wars :tipshat:

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

:tipshat:

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

NICE. I'm down 2+ million on the second Lego movie, for some reason, I know it's gonna pay off but it sure does hurt right now.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Indy 5 up $13 w/60k shares and Allegiant up $11 w/100k shares :tipshat:

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

It's not just you!

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Some crazy good gains today:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Looks like we still have new people joining which is awesome. I haven't been sending out prizes because my wife switched jobs and we don't get $6 movie tickets any more. I'll send out a prize at the end of the year based on who's got the most wins.

fisty won january
tetsuo won february
baronash won march and april

• Locked thread