Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

CRINDY posted:

I've been riding that thing since it IPO'd in the 40s and it has been very profitable. Nothing pays off in HSX like investing in animation, they always launch really low and almost always overperform

horror, too.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

NEMO2 is going to mint money. I'm up 8 mil on it already :smug:

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

So I've got 23 million in cash after PETS cashed out. What do you guys think of Suicide Squad? Review embargo is up in half an hour...and there's nothing worth playing until Jack Reacher 2

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Incidentally, the standings so far are:

January- Fisty
February- Tetsuo
March, April- Baronash
May- Unyu
June- Miching Mallecho
July- Unyu

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Good month so far!

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Between today's starbond adjusts and yesterday's derivative cashouts for Don't Breathe, I might be looking at H$5 million in gains this week.

drat son

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Movies tend to jump on debut, then settle down until release day.

EDIT: To elaborate: There's usually a big rush of buys on the first day or during the first week of a stock releasing, then all the people who bought it just to get a bump off of that rush sell it because they want that money free for other things. Holding something like AB2 long would eventually make a lot of money but in the short term, the opportunity cost of tying up all that capital might not be worth it.

boar guy fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Sep 22, 2016

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

ButtWolf posted:

I've been making spreadsheets. Theses are my estimated best starbonds for the foreseeable future, based on roi%. I'm dropping Russell so I can put money into these. Russell is basically going to double, and at 3m its nice but I should be able to grab the same amount of money quicker on a 70% less investment on KREIL.

JWEAV - 915% Adjust 10/4
CDFRA - 1062% Adjust 10/11
JKSIM - 511% Adjust 1/10
NCAGE - 667% Adjust 1/31
KREIL - 1142% Adjust 2/7

Alfred Molina and David Oyelo are other goods at ~400-450%.

:tipshat:

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

STORK is down $10 in the past 24 hours :rip: a million in gains

i bought and held terminator 5 long

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

PIRT5 is undervalued by at least half if you can afford to hold it that long, and up almost $6 today

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Good tip, thanks. Let's hope summer 2017 is better for blockbusters than this one!

There's certain titles I will always hold long no matter what. I mean I am down over 2 million on LEGO2 right now but when it hits, it'll hit big. I've just been playing long enough to carry the loss- i really don't day trade very much. I bought NCRD2 at $75 and if it doesn't hit $350 by the time all is said and done I'll be shocked. Got INDI5 at $39, too. Just a long time to wait.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

that was me :D (also horror, and anything by tyler perry)

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Not really, but I don't hold original IPs long either. I mean, Avatar 2 is a pretty safe bet though, you know?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

MOANA seems criminally undervalued to me. Releases one day before Thanksgiving. Disney. Animated. The Rock is doing a voice. And it's at $165 right now? It breaks even if it does $68 million opening weekend, and it seems like a lock to do at least double that.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

It's DISNEY though which means they will promote the everloving poo poo out of it

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

lol @ Tyler Perry's latest Opus of poo poo beating the Tom Cruise fronted Jack Reacher 2 on their opening weekend

never bet against Tyler Perry

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

ButtWolf posted:

H$1,105,330.54 (13.21%)
Mmmmm... Feels good man

killing it this month, homes

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

took an absolute drubbing on Fantastic Beasts (though that still may spring back after the long holiday weekend) but it looks like Moana is going to get a lot of it back

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Baronash posted:

Actually took a hit myself over Moana, which is a bit of a mystery considering it opened at 80m, is an animated Disney movie, and has been getting rave reviews. There's no good reason for the stock price to be tanking.

I think both of them being out for Thanksgiving ultimately hurt the take for each.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

wtf, mad good early reviews for Rogue One and it's down $5 today?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Dumped all of my Prometheus 2 today for 2.6 million in profit. I just don't see it having a 50 million dollar opening weekend

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

in dead gay goon competition news, PIRT5 is criminally undervalued right now at $152 imho

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

incidentally if you were holding Avatar 3 long at 100k shares you made 8 million HSX yesterday

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

thank you kindly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

:smug:

• Locked thread