Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
The Star Wars Episode 7 blockbuster warrant cashed out today, and I was relieved to find out I didn't misunderstand how warrants work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Efexeye posted:

Indy 5 up $13 w/60k shares and Allegiant up $11 w/100k shares :tipshat:

Yeah, I've got about 40k shares in Indy 5, and Allegiant being up would be great if I hadn't invested in it at 108. :cripes:

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Do Star Bonds exist for any reason other than to funnel money to active players? Investing in them almost feels like cheating.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Tetsuo, what led to the 16% gain yesterday? That was drat impressive.

e: Hey, the league passed 1 billion!

Baronash fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Mar 25, 2016

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

I wish my summer gave me the time to play this. Seems like summer blockbusters are where it's at.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

ButtWolf posted:

Thanks! I got real excited until I realized I picked that up a couple of weeks ago, but then I got excited again bc it means $. Do they all lag so far behind on box office numbers? Its been clear for a while now that it was gonna be way over. Seems like cheating... are there any other BWs that are good right now?

489k buy-in right now. Mojo says 360 mil. Will it delist at 60? If so i got a full triple out of it and that makes me happy.

Box Office Warrants generally open at a price far below what they're likely to make by the 12 week mark. Most of those shares are snapped up at the IPO price, and there usually isn't enough volume afterwards in order to significantly alter the price. As a result, they're often a pretty good investment.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

ButtWolf posted:

ATTN! Everyone short Toby Jones immediately. He's dropping 20% today if you need fast cash or you can wait until Nov 1. By my estimation, the $1m you spend today will be $42m in November. If you wait until tomorrow to buy your $1m will net you ~$25m in November.

Shorting any property (moviestock, starbond, derivative) can only give you a maximum return of 100%. So if you invested $1m, the maximum that position could be worth is $2m.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

ButtWolf posted:

What? Thats dumb.

It's not a game mechanic, it's just how the math works. The best case is that the stock goes from whatever you paid per share down to 0, which is a 100% decrease. I'm not sure how you arrived at the $42m figure.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Efexeye posted:

MOANA seems criminally undervalued to me. Releases one day before Thanksgiving. Disney. Animated. The Rock is doing a voice. And it's at $165 right now? It breaks even if it does $68 million opening weekend, and it seems like a lock to do at least double that.

Storks might have people a bit cautious. I got bit hard on that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Efexeye posted:

took an absolute drubbing on Fantastic Beasts (though that still may spring back after the long holiday weekend) but it looks like Moana is going to get a lot of it back

Actually took a hit myself over Moana, which is a bit of a mystery considering it opened at 80m, is an animated Disney movie, and has been getting rave reviews. There's no good reason for the stock price to be tanking.

Baronash fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Nov 29, 2016

• Locked thread