Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Name: Dash Rendar
Appearance:

(iirc, there's some spiky football armour in WWE2k14 that could work for whatever kind of body armour he wears in that picture)
Type: Brawler. Lots of striking. Some grapple moves.
Signature Moves: Dash is a bit of a thug. They should all be big, meaty, striking moves.
Finishing Move(s): I forget if you can rename them. If you can, "The Outrider" should be either a powerbomb or a suplex of some sort.
Entrance Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igVoOaKd3ps
Hometown / Country: Out Of This World
Announcer Name: The Daring Space Renegade
Other gimmicks, quirks, personality traits and stuff: A heel--but he is convinced, utterly convinced, that he is a face. A competent enough fighter, but Dash is convinced he is god's gift to wrestling. A bit of a jobber. Doesn't like to work alongside other wrestlers unless he's promised some sort of compensation. Selfish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Dash will work with Face.

For a price! Such skills don't come cheap!

(I'll see if I can bug some other posters to come in here too)

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

IGgy IGsen posted:

The tag team title is called the co-commentary title. So far a lot of the teams have been people who did commentary for some LP with each other. This is not a requirement though but it's how I'd pick teams. If you want to be in a tag team with one of your forums buddies, though you can just tell me and I'll make it happen. Provided they actually submitted a character.

I'm happy to follow convention, too!

Lazyfire and I have co-commentated and I heartily approve of Mad Max themed anything

Team up, Lazyfire? :shrug:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
First match-up. It's gonna feel good to get back in the ring. anilEhilated? Mehuyael? Apologies in advance--I'll try not to beat you too badly.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
drat, Lazyfire's intro is great.

w/r/t Dash Rendar's entrance music, it was first part of an original soundtrack made to accompany the Shadows Of The Empire novel. (The relevant music starts at about 3:00, and is used in the video game). The whole Shadows thing was this big marketing multimedia project that included action figures, video games, cds, books, comic books, trading cards, micro machine figures, and more. Everything short of a feature film--though George Lucas did feel the need to add Dash Rendar's ship to the Special Edition of A New Hope, so at the very least, Dash's ship, The Outrider, is canon!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Leebo, buddy, I did it! They doubted me, but I came out on top the other night.
Sir, you lost.
I didn't lose anything.
The match? You didn't lose the match?
Oh, whatever, I let'em win--but look, thirty dollars!
Uh--
We got a job, buddy! Dash is back on top!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

InterrupterJones posted:

All you gophers out there better step up your game.

"Step up" my game? Pfft. I'm the best, but if you want me to step it up, you're going to have to pay. I don't fight well for free.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Look, all I'm saying is that I'm not a mind-reader. You wanna hire me to do something, be explicit--oh, and pay me for it. I don't work pro-bono.
Mr. Rendar does not work for free. In fact, he doesn't work at all.
Shout out to my pal, Face, for being such a good sport about it. Are we cool? I'd like to think we're cool. No harm, no foul. No need to bring contracts into this sort of thing either. I'm not a big fan of contracts.
That's because you have difficulty seeing them through to completion, sir.
Mr. Humungus, if you're listening to this, I'm so glad we had a chance to meet ringside. It was lovely having you aboard the Outrider for peppermint tea. Please, you have my hololink, call me anytime you need to de-stress. I would certainly enjoy being one of your "doggawars", too. My fee is as we discussed. Please contact Leebo to make any hiring arrangements.
Oh, joy.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Big Scary Owl posted:

Ten bucks!? I'm not Dash Rendar, you know. I should grab and drop you from the ceiling for this insult.

Just throwing it out there: if you want me to stay out of your way, you gotta pay up. Contact Leebo to get a quote on the rates. Otherwise, I cannot promise that I won't interfere in one of your matches. Just because I'm not on the title card doesn't mean I won't make an appearance.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
So I've got another match, huh? 'Gainst a "Galen Marek". What kind of name is "Galen Marek"? Who names their clone "Galen Marek"? Right, listen up kid: you ever hear the story about how I won three Royal Rumbles in a row on the same night? Yeah, impressive, I know. Now, when that story gets told, there's an important little detail that often gets left out. You see, not only did I win three Royal Rumbles. Not only did I win them in a row. And not only did I win all of them on the same night. But I was also the first wrestler in the ring for every single one. It's incredible. I know. You know. I know you know. Facts this amazing, you can't make them up. They're all true. Now, I've had Leebo do some internet research for me, and according to him, you're an apprentice who lost his master. That's sad. Look, I don't care how it happened. (To be honest, I don't know how it happened, as I can't be bothered to read more than two sentences). It seems to me that you need a new master. So let's call our upcoming encounter a "match". Let's call it an "audition". Show me what you're made of. Show me you have what it takes to be my apprentice, and maybe, just maybe, I'll teach you how to be the next "Dash Rendar".

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I, for one, don't care about spoiler tags because regardless of knowing the outcome, I'll watch the matches I wanna watch anyways. That said, I really appreciate the post-stream result updates since I've been too busy to catch any of them so far.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

IGgy IGsen posted:

We have a large enough Roster for two Royal Rumbles. Well, if I make a few more new CAWs at least. But we're really close.

Hey, have you ever heard the story of how I won three Royal Rumbles in a row?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I vote Hell In A Cell.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Or TLC match.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Palpy lost! Take that you lousy space wizard mutha fucka! Thou shalt not harass Dash Rendar any longer!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Now I have to edit my All Punchy roster again...

(Seriously, Bacon Cheese Burger Poutine is like being in heaven)

more like, Lamb Shawarma Poutine is like being in heaven.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Pvt.Scott posted:

July 4th is when we kicked all your foreign asses in dubya dubya two, innit?
Bald eagles are pretty terrible birds. They look cool tho, so I guess they represent America as she is.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

anilEhilated posted:

Someone ought to give that bird a toupée.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Okay, I'm ready.
What do I do, press this button?
It's already recording, just start the interview!
I can start?
Yes!
Hello, and welcome back to LPFWA Backstage! I'm your host Leebo and I'm not being paid to do this!
*ahem*
Right, and with me now is LPFWA Superstar, Dash Rendar. Let's talk about your most recent match-ups, Dash.
Nothing to it. You know me, I'm so good at what I do. Set'em up, I'll knock'em down.
Right, well, your last match with Galen Marek you actually lost.
No, no, no. You misunderstand. It's a common mistake. That wasn't a match, but a test. You see, I saw something in Galen. I looked into his eyes, his beautiful eyes. Have you looked into his eyes?
I admit that I haven't.
Beautiful eyes. I looked into them. And do you know what I saw?
What?
(Ask me what I saw)
What did you see?
I saw myself.
Oh.
I looked into Galen's eyes and I saw myself. Reflected back in his big beautiful eyes was my own image. Handsome. Daring. Dashing. I saw me, Dash Rendar. What a glorious sight to behold. I tell you what, Leebo, Galen Marek has potential. He proved it to me during that test. He proved to me that he can become the best. He proved to me that he can become the next Dash Rendar.
I thought he was still working for Palpy?
Ah, screw that old space wizard. I'm done talking about him. Hey, did you see my last match up with Face?
Yes, it certainly was an exciting match. It was nice seeing you get involved. For once. Under threat of a legal contract. I'm sure Face appreciated that. It looked like a hard fight. There were a few moments where I was sure Kalon Zombie had you dead to rights.
I see you're making another common error, Leebo, ol'buddy. You see, whenever I'm in a match the outcome is already decided: I am the winner. The exciting part is never "will Dash win?" That is to be expected. The exciting part in any match I am involved in is whether or not I will decide to be gracious enough to let the other wrestlers win.
Uh.
I know, right?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i have lots of taste!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
CENATION

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

EclecticTastes posted:

I think I might have a very compelling lead on this case.

Yeah, it was that blasted penguin! I saw it myself!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Zanzibar Ham posted:

The important question is: Are the matzo balls safe?!?

Safe and for sale on the black market for prices so low, they're a steal!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Flamander posted:

: NO PROBLEM! I CAN SUSTAIN MYSELF THROUGH THE FLAMES OF JUSTICE! Comrades, I can help with the food issues as well. The Title of Justice Ranger comes with it's perks, after all! Downside, unfortunately, is that the food I can get will take a while to procure, because it's gonna take like, 10 days, for the order to be processed. Past that, though, it should be clear sailing.

We have e-mailed you confirmation of your purchase, thank you for supporting Dash Co.!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Seeking an LPWFA avatar? Seek no further! Consult Dash Co. today for your own personalized space avatar for use in the LPWFA. Contact Leebo for booking times.
Wait, what?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Forum laws hold no sway over space laws. The fight stands!!!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

nine-gear crow posted:

Wow, and I would have had a perfect score too if only Dash had jobbed one more time. Dayum.

That's amazing. I will get back to you on that as soon as I am able to, IGgy. Thank you. :buddy:

Shoulda paid him to take a dive

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Lazyfire posted:

Just want to point out that JoJo's is hot trash for garbage people. Basically a green muppet on fire is the first thing I think of when someone mentions it.

I agree. That thing you hate is terrible. Leebo, what are they talking about?
Uh, hold on. I have a picture:

Yikes! That looks like hot garbage! I stand by my statement and hope the Anti-Anime Aggregation has a successful bout.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Eeevil posted:

Hate to break it to you dudes, but wrestling is basically just live action sports anime.

lol if u dont think wrestling is a lifestyle

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
*Inside the Outrider, in orbit over the LPFWA moonbase*

Leebo, buddy, I'm beginning to think people don't like me.
I am a robot, but if I weren't, I would be trying to suppress laughter right now, sir.
I've got KalzonZombie accusing me of cheating, JamieTheD betraying our most epic food swindle--
"Epic food swindle?" Who says that?
--most of the league hates us now that they know we stole the food. On top of all that, Galen Marek isn't returning my calls!
I don't know why you care, sir, your obsession with Marek is making people question your relationship with him.
Why? Are they jealous that I'm grooming him to be the next Dash Rendar?
Uh, no--Guri, perhaps you should explain it to him.
I don't want to get involved in another stupid wrestling thing, leave me out of it.
Leebo, drop it. We're losing sight of what's important.
And that is?
The LPFWA hates us. This is terrible. We're the good guys. We need to something to give back to the community.
Sure?
We need to give the food back.
They have food, sir, endless pizza.
Not a balanced diet, not by a long shot. No, we're gonna give the food back. But as to how we'll deliver it, well, we've gotta do something special.
I don't like where this is going.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Lazyfire, I laughed out loud when you got indignant over your angle being interrupted. Way to stay in-character during the stream.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Lazyfire posted:

I was, guess I'll watch it on YouTube then.

nah, come join us for the last match up: http://www.hitbox.tv/IGgy

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
it's a title match!!! two out of three falls!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
:siren::siren::siren: WE gONNA DO A ROYAL RUMBLEEEEEE :siren::siren::siren:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Haha, two Dash Rendar's

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
IGgy rigged it so that he was the last wrestler to enter the rumble :p

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
but you see, if you cross-reference the LPFWA wikia, you'll see that Dash has actually won a number of his match--including 1v1s. clearly, he is a jobber to the stars

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

IGgy IGsen posted:

Non-canon Bonus Match
Loki goes to Wrestlemania and fights for their lovely title.
Loki vs. John Cena

It's all canon in my heart.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Nonsense. Since there is a massive feud between Anime and Anti-Anime, it is clear that neither should get to name the next PPV. I instead propose it be named "DashCo. Presents A Very Special LPFWA Pay-Per-View, Brought To You Buy 'Dash Rendar's Cheap Food Sold 4 Cheap', A Subsidiary Of DashCo. -- The 'Buy' Is Not A Typo!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
IGgy, please put Walter in a tutu, tia.

• Locked thread