Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I think I'm almost done with the main part of Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga Avatar Tuner 1. All of the other Junkyard bosses are dead and I think I only have one dungeon left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Speaking of LPs, I read the actual thread for Chip's Watch_Dogs LP against my better judgment and gently caress. The LP itself is nice, but the people who post in there have absolutely no drive for self-improvement and it irks me. "Welcome to Chip LPs" is not an excuse, stop using it like one. One of the few nice things Zorak did was type a whole lot of words about Tibetan stuff during Chip's Uncharted 2 LP, presumably to bring up a topic that wasn't about Drake being a murderer. I've seen the posting ability of humanity, and I see nothing stopping them from making good posts. I'll still keep up with Watch_Dogs, because Chip is a competent video game player and I'm curious as to how it turns out, but not enough to actually buy a copy myself.

Burn down the sandcastle.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

neither can i

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Also was it Namtab that posted his thoughts as he read some person's National Novel Writing Month entry? The one that had the lyrics for Froggy Went a'Courtin just pasted in.

That was a fine Let's Play.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

chumbler posted:

Read the Wonderful 101 thread around 3/4 or so through the game if you want to see people who very clearly understand nothing at all about the blatantly obvious themes or atmosphere of the game. It was then that I decided I would never read any LP post that is not an update.

LP has more brokebrains than E/N.

Yeah, I don't know why I read the threads either.

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

My coworker said "gently caress TTGL! I ain't watching this anymore!"

Someone just hit episode 7.

You know, I should rewatch Gurren Lagann one of these days. I remember the director or some other important person saying you should watch it when you're 20, and again at 40.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Cutback drop trap

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

boom boom boom posted:

Just to make sure, if I want to watch Diebuster I should watch the OVA series, not the movie, right?

Don't know about the movie, but the OVA series was nice.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Rodyle posted:

West Virginia is to Virginia as Code Lyoko is to anime

What is the Wakfu of Virginia?

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I'd accept an earthquake variation of my avatar because that would accurately represent Matsukaze Tenma's opinion on soccer.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Terper posted:

Your av calms me, makes me happy, Level Slide. You're already powerful enough for me. :unsmith:

Excuse me, sir, do you have a moment so I can speak to you about our lord and savior, Inazuma Eleven?

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I love how the initial loading screen for Splatoon is a shot of someone's room, presumably an inkling. There was quite a bit of world building in this dumb gay painting game for babies.

Also I played Oath in Felghana, but I kept getting my rear end kicked in the first Chester fight and I just stopped playing.

Level Slide fucked around with this message at 23:46 on May 29, 2015

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

https://vine.co/v/ezX9ViEgQzn

I will aspire toward this in my old age.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I've been reading Wakabayashi Toshiya's 4-Koma Collection and I think it's a great little collection of vignettes about high school students being terrible at relationships. I think my favorite ones are the chapters with the delinquent and the class president.

e: Actually it's the one where the exchange is done entirely through text messages with both recipients freak the gently caress out over each response.

Level Slide fucked around with this message at 06:09 on May 30, 2015

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

The Love Master ones are hilarious, yes. But really all of them are great.

e: The ridiculous reactions are what make this.

Level Slide fucked around with this message at 06:15 on May 30, 2015

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Main character Zoid pilot experiences a Newtype high and starts conversing telepathically with his enemies while naked.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Around the six millionth cycle, Kaworu got really good at hitting on Shinji.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I finished Daredevil last night. I'm assuming Gao was a walking ad for Iron Fist? She was a cool drug lord regardless.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Kinky Cookie Bunny posted:

Any of you watch future card buddyfight, I wanna talk about how bad that show is and how gary oak just fuckin shows up in the background of one of the episodes all like "Smell ya later losers I'm ditching pokemon for future card buddyfight that's where all the money's at!"

I watched the first few episodes, up until one of the characters transformed into a warrior with long flowing hair. When you say Gary Oak, you mean the yellow haired kid with the kitten shirt or does actual Gary Oak show up? If it's the second one then I better get back into Buddy Fight.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Kinky Cookie Bunny posted:

That show is so bad I love watching it with my fiance because he hates it and gets so mad at it but he won't watch it with me anymore cause he says there's not enough booze in the world :(

It's weird, because I sort of unironically liked it. It was really bad yeah, but I love how the main kids looked out for each other, and that it was adorable how Gao's little sister thought his dumb Solaire routine was the coolest poo poo ever. Did any of that fall to the wayside during the ABC Cup? That's around the point where I just sorta stopped watching.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Endorph posted:

this is why you can't really blame people for seeing a lot where only a bit exists. as a lesbian, i like stories about lesbians. sometimes stories that aren't explicitly about lesbianism have enough ambiguity in a specific relationship that i read it that way, because it makes the show more enjoyable for me, and it's not like there are a whole lot of anime for me to turn to when i want explicitly lesbian stories. this isn't a requirement for me to enjoy something but i'd be lying if i said i didn't see it as a plus.

how do you feel about high school totally-not-lesbians playing mahjong? I ask because Saki was at one point my favorite anime of all time and gave me feels.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

I liked Saki okay but as with all sub-texty stuff it would have been better if they just kissed.

My soul melted when Saki and Nodoka fell into each other's arms at that one festival near the end of the first season. And again when they went on a first-name basis.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I tried listening to one of the Zorcasts and the volume is so drat low that I have to turn up my computer volume way the hell up, then my ears get blasted when my computer does any other sort of sound. Sure there's mixer settings that can help with that, but that's way too much effort to listen to the former anime mod ramble about Steven Universe.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I like that Fate/Zero was less wordy than Unlimited Blade Works, or rather I think F/Z handles its words better. Unless it only happens in the first half, there's a whole lot of bits in UBW where the characters just exposit at each other in the middle of battle and I get massive anime blueballs when all this crap about ideals pops up in the middle of a magic battle.

At least Zero knew extended conversations about ideals should only happen over booze between kings.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Practically everything I know about Tsukihime I learned from streams of Melty Blood, and there's like eight different versions of Arcueid there. Does Shiki sleep with all of them?

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Endorph posted:

there's 3, and technically yes because it's all the same person

Arcueid Brunestud is the normal arc
Red Arcueid is Arcueid who's given into her desire for blood
Archetype Earth is arcueid at full power

does shiki sleep with all of them

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

LORD OF BUTT posted:

literally the only thing i remember about that show was people calling it "underwater ray romano" which was good and cool

I remember it had a bunch of large-scale battles. Also a bunch of its characters are in Aquapazza.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Is it true that there's NTR in SAO?

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

If I ever take a vacation to Japan, I've been thinking about getting to the countryside as soon as possible. If my Japanese won't be a problem, and I accept that Japan is not a land of pure anime, is that a good plan?

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

You can change your squid appearance after you set it when you're at the hub world. Including gender.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

What anime has a balanced ratio of magical girls and magical boys?

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Posting from Japan. At an airport while waiting for my connecting flight to the Philippines in about two hours. One day I'll actually visit Japan.

I heard the third Valkyria was all doom and gloom and death and war. Can someone corroborate that?

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

The_Frag_Man posted:

How's everyone doing lately? I hope you're all happy and well. Stay safe, anime friends.

Job hunting

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Oh yeah I watched Kingsman a few days ago and thought it was a nice action movie. And then I read the later pages of the CineD thread and got sad.

But I found out from that thread that there's a sequel in the works, so that's nice. Lancelot didn't do a whole lot in the movie and I hope that's alleviated in the sequel.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Xie xie

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

What were they mad about? That movie was pretty good.

I'm gonna guess is has something to do with the princess at the end...

That, "scary black man" Samuel L Jackson being the villain, inherent sexism and hate for the disabled what with Gazelle being a legless woman villain henchlady, glorification of upper class violence, some other bullshit. And one of the first few posts was basically "I wonder what Supermechagodzilla would think of this?"

There's some fresh posts in that thread that I can harvest, but I don't feel like it.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

It was a fine movie, and I wanted to converse about it in the movie subforum. And then I slowly backed out of the movie subforum. One day I wish to see Kingsman again on something better than a lovely airplane video screen.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

This is the first time I actually read that post, and now I feel like I should check out Snowpiercer, given it's apparently similar to Kingsman.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

You had me at "good" and "Korean"

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I'm currently in a foreign country with my phone and dubious Philippine WiFi as the only connection to my anime brethren, so I can't exactly partake in enjoying homosexual squids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Quoting this for later use

• Locked thread