Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Has the Blloood Blockade Battlefront anime done the story about K.K. trying to find a card for her son yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

littleorv posted:

What is your favourite anime (yes, you)?

Yoamushi Pedal, Girls und Panzer, Reconguista

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

dogsicle posted:

they haven't yet and probably won't adapt it.

But it's the best story. They can just stretch it out a bit to make it a whole episode

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Gyra_Solune posted:

even when i did post on tvtropes

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I wish the guy in Densha Otoko didn't cry so much

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Bad Seafood posted:

I once knew a guy who wanted to introduce his mom to anime by way of Lucky Star.

Took a fair bit of effort to convince him otherwise.

They need to make Hinamatsuri into an anime so the "what anime should I show normal people" question is answered forever

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I'm off Saint Seiya and back to Dougram

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Sakurazuka posted:

Someone once told me that Lucky Star was the Seinfeld of anime.

That's not fair, Lucky Star is pretty good

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Triggerhappypilot posted:

What animes have deep, immersive lore?

Gundam Unicorn

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

The Devil Tesla posted:

Splatoon has four maps total.

That's one more than Phantom Crash, and Phantom Crash was great.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

K. Flaps posted:

https://imgur.com/a/kMapf

Please read the splatoon manga.

They look like they're having a lot of fun

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Motto posted:

somebody threatened to commit suicide on xseed's tumblr because somebody on akiba's trip's fake twitter used the word "trap"

I remember that controversy. It was a fake internet troll accusing a fake internet woman of being a trap in the game. The first fictional troll to successfully troll someone in real life.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Anime Curator posted:

That's the point. :)

I wish I was confient enough about my body to do outdoor activities in bike shorts and a white t-shirt :(

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

littleorv posted:

Reverse Trap. That's a new one for me.

It's a woman dressed as a man to deceive you.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Level Slide posted:

Cutback drop trap

That's a trap that seems important but you see her once once at the beginning and then never again for the other 49 drat episodes.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Just to make sure, if I want to watch Diebuster I should watch the OVA series, not the movie, right?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

boss told me "don't do anything that makes me have to check my phone"

What anime to marathon tomorrow?

Dougram is on youtube

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

watch Dougram

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I finished Molester Man. It was better than any manga with a major character called boobs loli and another that's a personification of a sex toy really oughta be.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

How the gently caress did anybody notice that before the series came out on bluray?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Endorph posted:

*nods while pocket dialing 911*

It's by the person who did Onani Master Kurosawa.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

GorfZaplen posted:

Dororo is really good, and is getting a DVD release. It's about a man whose father sold all his body parts to demons in order to gain power, so now he travels around ancient Japan killing demons to regain his body. A kind doctor replaced his missing body parts with swords. 5 episode were subbed before it got licensed, enough to give an idea of what the series is about. It has an insane production team, with Yoshiyuki Tomino, Osamu Dezaki, Ryosuke Takahashi, and Yoshiaki Kawajiri all working on it.

Does the anime end the same way the manga does? And then, uh, he got all the rest of his parts back at once and killed hisdadtheendbye

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Halfway throuhg Molester Man I had to look up what "otl" means. Turns out it's stupid.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Dangerous Person posted:

I liked the Zoids series where they were the team of fighters in a tournament but never got into the one where there was a war or whatever.

I watched a lot of both and remember absolutely nothing about either.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Wait, no, I remember there was a satellite that shot drop pods with a robot referee in them anywhere in the world, so no matter where or when two Zoid Meisters were about to fight, it would always be an official Zoid match.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I do not remember if there was a way to retrieve the drop pods, or if the Zoids world is just implied to have a dead robot referee in an old drop pod every fifty yards

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I watched Mellowlink before VOTOMS, it's a good anime. Better than VOTOMS, IMO.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

the wildest rear end posted:

People still use Netflix delivery?

it has stuff the Internet Netflix doesn't

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I stopped reading Attack on Titan when it turned into a political thriller

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
have they finished the coup plotline and got back to the monsters?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Attack on Titan deserves neither the crazy praise nor the exaggerated opprobrium it receives, IMO

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
RX-78GP03 Gundam Opprobrium Orchis

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I had heard that Madoka was a lot like Kamen Rider Ryuuki before I watched, so I knew what to expect going in.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

littleorv posted:

Ugh the prongs that you plug into the wall are bent on my PS4 for some reason. No PS4 gaming for me tonight.

Sorry I forgot this is the anime chat thread so I'll anime up my statement there.

Uguu the prongs that you plug into the wall are bent on my PS4 for some reason. No PS4 gaming for me tonight.

You can just bend them back, you know

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
And now there are English editions that are nicer than the Japanese editions.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

I never really liked jojo

The thing about JoJo is, every part has a different flavor, so there's a part that everyone can like.

and it's all of the parts because they're all great.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

I dunno, like I just never could see why I should care about any of the characters motivations. It seems to swing back and forth between serious to "gently caress the plot let's beat the poo poo out of each other for the hell of it". I've been watching it for like a year now and still am confused on what this show is suppose to be. It never seems to really establish itself as one thing or the other. I'm fine with everything being across the board but eh, it just doesn't click for me.

The motivations are like the simplest thing

Part 1: survive living with and then beat Dio
Part 2: investigate and then beat the Pillar men
part 3: find and then beat Dio

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

I dunno, like I just never could see why I should care about any of the characters motivations. It seems to swing back and forth between serious to "gently caress the plot let's beat the poo poo out of each other for the hell of it". I've been watching it for like a year now and still am confused on what this show is suppose to be. It never seems to really establish itself as one thing or the other. I'm fine with everything being across the board but eh, it just doesn't click for me.

The show is supposed to be colorful, creative fights between passionate men. That's why there's all the colorful, creative fights between passionate men.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Endorph posted:

oh my god who cares if the dude doesn't like jojo's

we're just chatting about anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Bad Seafood posted:

I greatly prefer people like Dilbert who experienced Jojo on its own terms and decided they didn't like it to people who profess to love Jojo but complain about the "Filler."

What on earth in JoJo do people call filler?

• Locked thread