Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
This is the event where they announce the Nexus 17 using some chips they found dumpster diving in in the Transmeta parking lot a decade ago, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

I hope the special gift this year is a refurb Nexus 9 and a Nexus Q 2 and that's it.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

No, the Android Wearable thread with the Moto361 is this way >

The Moto 362 with NVidia Denver technology.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

I'm the fat nerd waving at the camera. Hi!

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Re: The gently caress off huge video wall am I hallucinating or didn't Google announce some tech a while back to make gently caress off huge video things my running video processing in parallel across multiple independent low power devices for high resolution video?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Am I the only one really annoyed that the center part of the screen is segmented?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Lol plastic lawn chairs.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Wait Google search personalizes results so did they decide the awesome thing they did with Google search sucked?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

.9 Billion.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Orange Dot.gif

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Previously we never gave a poo poo about quality but this year is different!

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

iOS 2.0 Android M, now with quality!

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

More web apps! Just what everyone was waiting for!

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

myron cope posted:

Do you guys even like Android

(this thread, not google)

It's an abusive relationship for everyone, isn't it?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Android Pay! What are the other two bubbles in that list of 6 main items?

So wait Android Pay is part of M and not a framework rolled out to Lollipop? Gah.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Enjoy android pay in 2016 on the phone you just bought. Android Pay on a billion users? How?

Oh, works on anything with Kitkat. But if you have M it users the new standard finger print api.

I thought Android Pay was just a less retarded update of Wallet with a new framework.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Thermopyle posted:

OH MAN THAT COPY/PASTE

Wasn't the whole retarded Android copy/paste an Apple patent work around? Better contextual data support please.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

We are applauding something that came out last week? I will admit that it was a huge improvement but why are we talking in depth about something that already started rolling out?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

LOL I'm watching this on my Tab S and "OK Google!" triggered Google Now.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

vyst posted:

I hope there's a tinder watch app. So I can swipe honeys while out with my girlfriend and her not get suspicious.

There already is. Not kidding.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Thermopyle posted:

Yeah. I hope we hear about some wicked Nest and Dropcam and something new stuff.

Please activate Zigbee on Nest so it can talk to my power meter. Why does it not already do this?!

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Thermopyle posted:

Probably requiees photos of all the time between.

That would be my guess, not that hard to work out photos months apart, work backwards from now.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Google is just getting you to give them billions of photos for them to practice their machine learning on. Good for them.

Also pre-geotagged and they already know about your relationship between you and the people in them.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

CLAM DOWN posted:

who the gently caress records at 4K on their phone

I do? Why shouldn't I? You can always easily down sample down, can't really do the same the other way.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

BTW why isn't Android One in the US? Has Google seen the poo poo that gets sold on pre-paid plans with like 1 gig of data?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Re: 4k

Doesn't YouTube offer unlimited 4k storage for free anyways?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

When do they normally announce the new hardware crap? I figured they would have at least teased the next version of Wear OS/Hardware at the beginning instead of rehashing the already released OS update.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Craptacular! posted:

Android: because unstable, developing societies can best understand an unstable, developing operating system!.

No it has quality now.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Wait there is an attractive Google employee?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

CRAYON posted:

Unfortunately, Photos has stopped.

3998 photos left to back up. Kinda weird because they're all on my Google+ Photos already. Hopefully this doesn't turn into a clusterfuck of duplicates.

Yeah, I'm kind of confused. Loaded the new photo app and it has the same icon as the old photos app. It install, added a second icon and then uninstalled the old app. Same deal, uploading all the photos from my phone even though they were already all synced to Google+ Photos.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

thebushcommander posted:

I thought Google Photos was private? I uploaded like 400 pictures and they were all viewable through my google+ account apparently. I checked in the settings for both photos and G+ but didn't see anything to not show pictures...kind of confused.

On a similar note I noticed that one of my friend's photo tag photo was a picture of him that I have never seen before and doesn't appear in the tagged photos.

Regardless play with the search tool, it is really, really impressive, now i just need to get about 20 gigs of photos laying around half a dozen hard drives uploaded.

As a side note, 95% of my photos are well under 16 MP and 99% of my video is under 1080p but if I choose keep original quality and they are well under 16 MP does it count against my data cap? It's not a big deal, I have about 100 gigs of unused good storage but it would be nice if they didn't.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

bull3964 posted:

So, basically you are stuck.

If I upload 15gb worth of photos at original quality and I let my 1tb of promotion expire, my Drive space will be effectively cutoff for any new additions and in order to move photos to "unlimited", I'll have to remove and re-upload them (which means I will have to redo all album work as well.)

So, what this is essentially encouraging me to do right now is zero out my photo library and start from scratch with "High quality" so I can ensure that photos are never going to take up any or my Google storage.

It would be nice if they gave you a "convert to high quality" option on existing photos.

Part of me feels like the already reasonable cost of Google storage is just going to get cheaper and cheaper while devices with higher and higher functional resolutions are going to become more and more ubiquitous. I mean it's a bet but it seems like a reasonable one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Three Olives posted:

On a similar note I noticed that one of my friend's photo tag photo was a picture of him that I have never seen before and doesn't appear in the tagged photos.

OK, I retract this, drat Google Images is good at pulling faces out of the background, it just happened to be a really good photo of him that he just happened to be in the background up.

• Locked thread