Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

Hi guys, for those of you who may not know, Houston is underwater. My room mate brought in a bummed out kitten just before the storm turned deadly. I'm now stuck with an adorable kitten that needs to go away, or see a vet. She/He is loving wet food, and dry food, and scritches on the back of the neck. Whats my next step? I am loving this cat, but I don't know what she needs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khy
Aug 15, 2005

You said it yourself. See a vet. The vet will tell you if there are any health problems and make recommendations and such.

Then you need to post pictures of the kitten, and then you need to hug the kitten and scritch the kitten and the kitten will be your best friend forever and ever. Also the kitten may or may not destroy everything you love. But it's ok because the kitten will replace everything you love with itself, because all you need is to love a kitten.

Other than that, I recommend 2 litter boxes and that you scoop them regularly, give the kitten good food (see the nutrition megathread for details), a ribbon toy, and cardboard boxes because the boxes always somehow manage to be the best toys ever.

Anonybominous
Jun 30, 2012

As said before, see a vet.

But in the meantime, congrats on being adopted by a kitten!

About how old is said kitten?
Get good quality food, the litter box(es) and a few toys. Most of the toys, they will love for a few seconds and then ignore. But a few that may keep attention for a little longer, are soft Pom-pom balls (till they lose them under your couch), and anything suspended from a stick (feathers, a soft, small plushie) that you can swing around to entice them to hunt. Also get something appropriate for them to scratch on. Keep up those scritches, and allow the purrs to mezmorize you. Good human.

Report back to us with gratuitous kitten photos.

• Locked thread