Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

larder posse representin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
anxious for the gang tag

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Nooner posted:

when you cosplay fighty-knights are you pretending to be an Italian knight? If not i believe your inquiry into how to better cook pasta sauces and dishes is reaching into the "realm" (just a little medieval humor for ya) of cultural appropriation. Maybe you would be better "suited"( ;) )asking how create some authentic doritios or mt dew based mead

Amanda Huggensuck
Nov 8, 2012
wow

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

open the jar my lord and you will be graced with the finest sauce in all the seven kingdoms.

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
op had to tearfully explain to his wife they'd be kicked out of SCA if they didn't respect prima nocte

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

only the king's sauce can gain favor with the red god.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
throw all the liquor, clove, nutmeg, alum and pickling spice and vanilla beans in it... best pasta sauce ever

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.
i like nerds like the OP because they are so instantaneously offended by the idea of a post implying they spent money on steam games that they launch into an explanation about what their hobby actually is. he even then detailed his role not as a knight in shining armor but as the cook that fucks up the meals, burns the soup (literally) and then charges people for garbage food and STILL cant make ends meet at the end of the month because he spends too much money on his lovely half-plastic armor

you are a collection of oddities OP, but if you come back please explain what a lowly blacksmith/chef specced toon needs with all that armor? why would you ever buy an expensive helmet or even consider it as a future possibility if you arent a fighty man? cooks and smiths back then didnt spent all their income on armor they would never use in battle so you are doing a pretty lovely job roleplaying your peasant

did you meet your wife at sca? im guessing yes and im guessing yall both fat

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

try adding some chipotle peppers for a spicy latin kick, your grace.

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
also have more than 2 types of salt means you're a loving idiot of the worst sort

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Tom Gorman posted:

best thread

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
yeah this is one of the funniest threads on SA. its rare to see an OP unironically self own on this site anymore

m'larder

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Jimbo Jaggins posted:

also have more than 2 types of salt means you're a loving idiot of the worst sort

gently caress you i keep iodized salt and sea salt and garlic salt in my pantry larder at all times and if you dont do the same you're a goddamn garlic-hating retard

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
op would pimp out his wife for a jar of ragu before he'd consider selling his gay wizard couldron

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

when i roleplay, my preferred character is a hunched over innskeep suffering from gout and a fragment from an elvish arrow embedded inches away from my spinal cord in a time before invasive surgery

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

i thought all the blacksmiths starved to death a long time ago :confused:

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

gently caress you i keep iodized salt and sea salt and garlic salt in my pantry larder at all times and if you dont do the same you're a goddamn garlic-hating retard

garlic salt doesn't count bitch i mean pink salt black salt etc

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

jarofpiss posted:

i thought all the blacksmiths starved to death a long time ago :confused:

this one is on his way to that end

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Kasan posted:

The context of my original post is a rarity, not the norm. The last time I had a bare pantry was when I moved away from home for the first time in the 90s and I still hadn't grasped that my parents house wasn't a substitute for actual grocery shopping, or learning to cook or thrive. I've restocked my larder with non-perishables, bought some delicious local produce and poultry and lamb and beefs and restocked my freezer for the month.

this is exactly how i imagine frodo felt leaving the shire

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I had to look up larder, and passes iOS spell check

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i bet ops girlfriend is a real larder. mlardy

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
mods please rename this thread "Pasta Sauce - A wizard's scroll required"

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

op and his wife: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5wATq0X-9I

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
*OP pulls old bearded hobo into his m'larder*

Hail mage! Prithee can thee create mi' fatwife a hunger potion from these mystical herbs from the eastern lands?

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

death to all avatar havers
op do you go to the farmers market dressed up in your poo poo costumes

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Lol this rules

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Business Gorillas posted:

when i roleplay, my preferred character is a hunched over innskeep suffering from gout and a fragment from an elvish arrow embedded inches away from my spinal cord in a time before invasive surgery

this would actually be pretty funny if he had like a crippling medieval-pain-pill addiction so he like constantly goes to the apothecary to get a tincture of ground rat butthole + dried & powdered urine

grandpas drunk
Jun 10, 2015

by Ralp

plehsistential posted:

op do you go to the farmers market dressed up in your poo poo costumes

You know that he does, and then pisses off all the vendors

"Good marrow gentlesire pray tell silver necessary for 2 pecks of your finest grain, it is time to stock the larder"

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

Jimbo Jaggins posted:

garlic salt doesn't count bitch i mean pink salt black salt etc

What about Hot salt and Seasoned salt? We still cool?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
neat thread. thanks for sharing your weird on the internet, op

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013

Dirty Sanchez posted:

What about Hot salt and Seasoned salt? We still cool?

yes.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
nobody needs 5 types of salt imo

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Darth123123 posted:

I had to look up larder, and passes iOS spell check

im not sure this is something you should admit.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

opus111 posted:

im not sure this is something you should admit.

lol nobody has larders anymore and nobody uses that word to describe their pantry

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

if you dont have knowledge of anything previous to the year you were born then you are nothing but epic fail.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

opus111 posted:

if you dont have knowledge of anything previous to the year you were born then you are nothing but epic fail.

conversely, you just used the term epic fail so i think that says more than enough about the validity of your opinions

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
just chiming in that you can eat pasta raw if you're patient enough

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Mozi posted:

just chiming in that you can eat pasta raw if you're patient enough

i used to do this with ramen tbh. crush it up and eat it out of the lil bag, then chug some water

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Fetus Tree posted:

i used to do this with ramen tbh. crush it up and eat it out of the lil bag, then chug some water

Some ramen packs are fried so you can do just that.

• Locked thread