Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

FirstAidKite posted:

I liked that he had to cut back on the healing powers in part 7 so that they could get their wounds healed up but couldn't fix major stuff like Johnny's legs

It's okay they had zombie horse thread which is in no way explained.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

The only reason why Jotaro even beat DIO was because he was really loving crafty with his time stop. DIO spends most of the frozen time being his own fabulous hypeman.

Yeah this was my favourite part of that fight. If Jotaro had tried to go all out with the time stop as soon as he could do it he would've lost.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wasn't Jonathan only an Archeologist because of the mask though?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Bad Seafood posted:

Part 4 soon, friends.

Don't they usually take a break between seasons?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I still have no idea how this works and it's still the funniest thing. :allears:

The same way Jotaro's hat does.

It just works.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
From the anime thread.

Best Girl posted:

I feel like the fight's just started now. This first half was learning what DIO can do, and how Jotaro might be able to counteract him. Now that DIO has Joseph's blood, he's probably going to go berserk, and all but steamroll Jotaro. I'm getting pumped.

:killdozer:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I don't mind when they're super subtle and funny like that. It's a very fine line between subtle and spoilery though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is there a translated version?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Read through Jojolion after dropping off a few years ago. The hell was with the Milagro Man arc? Did Araki get bored with the idea halfway through writing it?

FirstAidKite posted:

All Jobin did was talk about how it's really righteous for him to wanna be able to get good seats at sporting events :v:

*whole family dying of decompression sickness*

“Don’t worry Tsurugi...I did it...for the right...reasons...”

RatHat fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Mar 24, 2018

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Does Dio Brando count?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Finally getting around to watching the Part 4 anime and noticed the episode count. Did they cut some stuff out? Or did they really manage to cram 174 chapters into 39 episodes?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I’m still not quite clear how Paisley Park works.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How does that even look to another person? Is Diavolo just constantly appearing somewhere in the world, dying, and then teleporting somewhere else? How long until the phantom dying man becomes an international legend?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Normally when David Pro adapts Jojo they leave in any inconsistencies or retcons(Dio using Hermit purple, Arrow piercing Giorno, ect.) but do they think they'll keep in Anasui's gender swap in Part 6? That's really the only time I can think of that's a true retcon and not just Araki making a mistake or forgetting.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ah my bad, with everyone talking about the arrow part with Giorno I thought the anime was at that point.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Ozone Baby was definitely one of the more OP Stands.

When you know exactly where your enemies are and are able to set it up, sure.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I love the characters and fights of part 6 so much. I love everything about part 6 except the actual main plot. The Green Dio-homunculus and the random magic words that Dio and Enya apparently knew about all along just don’t gel with me. And I’m sorry, I but I can’t accept that Dio’s master plan is to Scratch the universe to create a new iteration that’s basically the same, except now nobody experiences those weird bouts of ennui?

I think Dio's plan was just to get Made in Heaven. Resetting the universe was Pucci's idea.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Doesn't Dio say In JORGE JOESTAR that the words were a melody his Mom sang to him? I mean JORGE JOESTAR is non-canon but a lot of the background information is probably still accurate to the main series.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
In retrospect Emperor was actually a really strong stand, Hol Horse was just too much of a coward to directly fight anyone.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
When Tamami steals Koichi's money and just leaves the stubs why doesn't Josuke just fix the money to get it back?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I loved how in part 3 Hanged Man attacks Polnareff from a mirror, and Kakyoin needs to explain to him how there isn't some magical backwards-world inside of a mirror, and it's just a shiny surface that reflects light, so clearly Hanged Man is made of photons.
But then in Part 5 Araki decides, gently caress it , I want to make a stand that transports you to the magical mirror dimension.

I like when they explained that Hanged Man moves at the speed of light yet Polnareff was still able to cut him.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Araki realized after Part 4 that having a healing stand really lets him up the body horror. Part 8 is the only one that doesn't have some way for the heroes to heal themselves, and that's probably fine since most of the stands are much more indirect.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Don't they just black over the gore for the tv release and then uncensor it for the blu-rays?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If he activated Purple haze wouldn't everyone be dead?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The part 5 name changes are just so loving lazy.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Jojolion is basically a series of interesting events strung together by interesting mysteries that don’t get answered. Cool stuff happens then gets dropped for other cool stuff and details get fudged and that just doesn’t work when you’re writing a mystery manga.

Blue Hawaii is one of the few times a stand is never beaten and the hero completely loses.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Expect My Mom posted:

I will say that I dont often look at the type of Japanese JoJo is written in but yeah I'm sure it's also Bizarre. (I've heard that one of Polnareffs lines in Part 3 where hes relating his experience with DIO on the staircase is big JoJo joke in the Japanese fandom, just because he says something strangely in Japanese), but I totally think you can have a stronger translation, maybe even localization if you could get a translator and a proofreader chill enough and free enough to really tinker around

Also because

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Imagine if Dio never met Enya and never got a stand. He'd continue thinking he was top poo poo until he got annihilated by the first stand user he pissed off.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

When Enya met a standless Dio and sensed his great destiny, or was overcome with fear and awe at his sexiness and「 G R A V I T Y」or however she described it in that one scene, how did she convince him to let her shoot him with an arrow, because it would give him superpowers, for realsies scout's honor, but no she has no way of knowing what the superpower is.

It probably helps that he's a vampire and wouldn't die to just an arrow.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yes, unless you count the holy corpse.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

so, I heard that in part 5 if a stand gets hit with the arrow it becomes a super stand

in that case, isn't the entire arc basically like Raiders of the Lost Ark where if GioGio had just let Black Sabbath win at the very beginning everything would have been better

Wouldn’t he still die from the arrow in his neck?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If Josuke changed his last name to Joestar would he be JoJoJo?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wasn't Joseph happy to get out of India because he was a murder suspect after the Empress fight?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wow I forgot about how Sorbet was killed. I guess Vento Aureo really is the most gruesome part huh?

Also the added scenes were really well done.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So it wasn't quite clear, did Bruno actually cure Narancia's eye disease or just the eye infection?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Finally finishing up the Part 4 anime and I had forgotten Bites the Dust was beaten because Kira monologued too long. :v:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wasn't the soul swap thing the ability of Silver Chariot Requiem?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Darko posted:

GER works just fine with the continuation of Kira's "your Stand evolved to give you exactly what you needed" thing going on in 4. It's Silver Chariot's weirdness that kind of confuses everything since that wasn't going to really help anyone.

Yeah, was that actually a 3rd ability for Killer Queen or was it Killer Queen Requiem?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Echoes Act 3 has to punch something to Freeze it right? Then how does he Freeze Kira's hand from afar at the end of Part 4?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
He was 5 meters away and clearly didn't punch it.