Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Johnny Joestar posted:

i actually did forget the ringo thing but that's probably because i never much cared for ringo. i don't like it being used in general, especially if it involves kids.

Especially when they do it like five times too. At least Stephen Steel got a chance to prove himself as Not A Creep, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Amaryllis posted:

poo poo, you're right: I will give you credit.

Reminder: Hot Pants died like a chump in such an unremarkable way that I didn't realize she was dead for several pages, she is not playable in EoH, and I'm like 99.9% sure she won't get a SAS figure when they get around to doing the SBR ones. Hot Pants was robbed.

I read it recently and it felt like there was a page missing or something, since she's given a single panel that looks more like a reaction shot then a death. Diego's death was also the same way.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Broseph Brostar posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. It's almost the same poo poo as Joshuu, but Joshuu is supposed to a Nice Guy.

I must have forgotten a lot, cause I don't remember Mountain Tim coming off as a creep. From what I remember, he was trying to protect Lucy.

edit:

quote:

Tim eventually confesses to Lucy Steel his love for her.
Huh.

Momomo fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jan 25, 2016

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Suaimhneas posted:

Okay I can accept that I forgot most of part 5 because it's been ages since I read it. But how the hell did I forget half the stand names in part 6 and almost all of 7's? And how come I could remember most of the ones from the start of part 8 but absolutely none after King Nothing :psyduck:

I have a lot of rereading to do

I started that test and then stopped once I realized I could not actually remember the colors for like half the arcana stands, or most of the Egyptian god ones. It's me, I'm the worst fan.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

alcharagia posted:

is it me or is king crimson basically just the world again

In terms of concept no, but in terms of actual practice... yeah, kind of. Sure you can dress it up, but in the end he doesn't use it that differently.

As far as understanding the power, imagine being able to control server lag on an MMO.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

alcharagia posted:

Why was Giorno Dio's son again

Araki probably ran out of places to shove in extra Joestars, but still wanted the main character to somehow be connected to the previous parts.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's extremely dumb and poo poo that Gold Experience is a better healer than Crazy Diamond.

Where'd you get this impression? As far as healing people went, they seemed mostly the same since the world works on bullshit time, but Crazy Diamond could also fix objects.

To be honest, I didn't have a big problem with Gold Experience. It randomly lost two of the abilities it started with, but he never really "gained" any other powers, he just used the ones he had in a different way, and I thought it was kind of clever. After he realized he could heal, he doesn't gain anything until he uses the arrow, which was meant to be an "I WIN" button to begin with.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

That and one later scene are just stuff Araki stole from episodes of Seinfeld.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

In my opinion, which is completely canon, Irene totally has a bunch of plankton as pets and friends. :colbert:

I prefer to think they find Etro in the new world, who insists that she's actually a colony of plankton.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I must have these

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Is he wearing a fishnet? I thought those were just rad tats. I do like his design, would totally take his hair.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Araki's art is the best cause you can see a guy clearly trying his best, and he slowly grows to have a distinct style.

That said, he's kind of terrible at different body types. There aren't many characters that aren't lanky. When Diavolo is the buffest man you've drawn in like twenty years, something isn't right.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Yeah, I think turning into current is just part of Akira's power. Presumably Okuyasu would just reform later without an arm.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Jonathan = Not American
Joseph = Emigrated to America
Jolyne = American
Johnny = American.

Yup checks out.

Wasn't Johnny supposed to be from England?

edit: Wiki says he's just American. Huh, I spent that whole time thinking he was English for some reason.

Momomo fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Mar 17, 2016

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I was born two days after Hol Horse stuck his fingers up Polneraff's nose. Not entirely sure how to feel about that.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

KidDynamite posted:

That episode was GOOD

I believe you mean G R E A T.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Eyes of Heaven was smart enough to add in Baby Jolyne for a minute, so if David has any kind of heart they'll give her a cameo too.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Anyway, I feel like Jotaro carrying a picture of his family wouldn't really match. If I were David, I'd have Joseph just mention it offhand "Hey, grandson, how's the wife and daughter?" and Jotaro just ignores it completely and some people assume it's just some more of Joseph's wacky senile banter.

We saw that he kept a picture of his friends from Part 3 later on, so I would say having a picture of his wife and kid is in line with him.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

hambeef posted:

i'm just realizing is koichi's hair not blue because of that stupid Frieza movie

that's bullshit that shouldn't count

Traditional color schemes are more a suggestion than rule in Jojo, just look at how they made Jotaro's uniform black in part 3.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

We had Paco (I think that was his name) in part 1, Smokey in part 2, and Anne (though she didn't have a name) in part 3, so it's not surprising to think Koichi might not have a purpose in part 4. Araki likes making useless little kids, it's just that part 4 doesn't have one.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Okuyasu takes care of himself and his father and is mature enough to manage money like an adult. He might not be book smart, but he's the kind of guy that knows how to survive.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

The way they beat her was also something you could only see in Jojo. Jail House Lock was the best fight.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

The narrative where the new concept of stands is introduced with its own set of rules, just for Dio to near immediately invalidate two of them at once, which is never mentioned again.

Araki can be worse than Kojima when it comes to writing a narrative, so it's kind of pointless to read the series just for that.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I've been dragging my feet on starting it cause I don't want to catch up and have to wait for monthly installments. Waiting for new Jojo has gotta be the worst.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Josuke Higashikata posted:

And besides, if you read this thread you know everything anyway so it's not like abstaining is protecting its integrity as a unspoiled part by not having a full part all at once.

You could read an entire synopsis of Jojo and still have tons of fun reading it though. I had like everything spoiled for me when reading the series and still loved it, cause Jojo doesn't care about a plot.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I'm reading Part 6 right now, and this Bohemian Rhapsody part might the craziest thing I've seen in this Part yet and that's saying something.

Part 6 puts the Bizarre in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

mWasn't the fusion of Whitesnake and the Green Child the reason Pucci and Weather got the Joestar birthmark? At this point Dio and Jonathan are pretty much considered the same.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Yeah, Jojo's literal decades old, so I can understand him not being able to recreate his old style. I'd say the new drawings are more a testament that he isn't very good at drawing different body types, though.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Sinners Sandwich posted:

During the Chapter Black saga of Yu Yu Hakusho, they had one of the villians, Seaman face everyone in an Arcade game and obviously inspired by the D'arby Younger fight.

Shame there's no clips online, Genkai was hilarious.

My dream Jojo avatar would be an animated gif of Surface's stand user shaking his hips in the op.

It wasn't Seaman but yeah, that was a fun one. It ended up with Kurama causing a grade schooler to die because Kurama can't not kill people.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

He also killed Wekapipo just because he's an rear end in a top hat. Don't tell me there was no way to pull him out of the other dimension that didn't involve putting his entire body through too.

edit: Apparently the guy's name is Wekapipo this whole time and I never noticed. Huh.

Momomo fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Apr 16, 2016

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Stallion Cabana posted:

He kind of is, yeah.

I'm still not super sure why Valentine recruited him, even as he did he admitted 'you're probably just looking out for yourself, but that's fine'.

Like what did he think Johnny was gonna do with it, give it to Canada?

That plot made more sense when I thought Johnny was from England, now I'm not really sure. Course, I thought Diego was by extension also from England, but doesn't seem the type to care about his nation.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Koichi's creepy babyface is kinda weirding me out.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Yinlock posted:

I love how he says this before a purely petty spiteful doublecross attempt with a total bold face. What a well-written piece of poo poo.

I'm giving part of the blame to that soldier who gave that hosed-up napkin speech to a small child who immediately got his "patriotism" and "narcissism" wires crossed though. What the hell, dude.

My favorite part about the napkin thing is that he yells about it to people who presumably have no idea what he's talking about.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

I just remembered SBR has one of my favorite background characters in anything ever.

Dude was in love with that phrase since he said it like five times.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I wish they'd go with Killer King or something, cause Deadly Queen was just dumb.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

As far as the actual manga goes, I really didn't like the way Lucy was threatened with rape so often and has multiple older men want to marry her. That got really annoying.

And as far as fandom goes, I really can't stand it when people say Pucci isn't black. Look at him. That is a black man.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

She's closer to Jolyne than Johnny is to Jonathan, but her life was still completely different. It's more like what Jolyne would have turned out to be if Jotaro wasn't a bad dad.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Von Humboldt posted:

So, here's what bugs me the most about Part 6.

When things reset, we get the knock off versions of the people who died before the reset and everyone else slots into place. That's cool, I follow that. Everyone has slightly different experiences as well, since they're technically new peeps. How does that work back for the big events? Does Joseph still send Kars into space, but differently? Does Itaro still punch down DIO, or does he slay the fiend RON JAMES? Does he never have to deal with it in the first place?

It just muddies the whole experience for me. If it's "none of that happened, Irene and her familial line live happy lives free of dumb Stand poo poo," that's awesome. If it's "Itaro still punches DIO, but fate has been reworked slightly and now things can progress free of dumb dudes like Pucci," that's cool. I just need to know which one.

From what I assumed, absolutely none of those events happened at all. It's Jojo's Bizarre Adventure without the Bizarre. Or the Jojo. Maybe the Adventure part though.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

El Burbo posted:

Killer Queen probably could have been able to kill Nijimura dad.

I don't think so. Keicho has seemingly tried all kinds of things (including shredding him to pieces apparently) and he hasn't died from that. All Kira can do is blow him up a bunch.

What I wonder is, if he's like this from Dio's buds, shouldn't he just burn up in the sun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

I didn't find gold experience too complicated to understand, just way too vague in terms of powers. He could punch life into things so there ended up being like way too many things that tied back into this, and also something about reflecting damage sometimes which I dunno what it has to giving life to stuff but eh

From what I remember, he only uses those two powers very early on (like, I want to say he never uses either of them after he fights Buccelati). After that he's entirely about making objects into living things that return to their owners. The only time he "gained" a power was when he realized organs counted as living things, and could start healing people.