Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

FirstAidKite posted:

Superfly is the worst stand in the series hands down. There is no stand worse to have than superfly. At least cheap trick and notorious BIG provide the sweet release of death, while superfly traps you within it forever and is only useful if someone comes to fight you there.

You can kill yourself with Superfly, you just have to leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

El Hefe posted:

Part 4 is so good, I didn't like part 5 because the translation is so bad and part 6 is just insane.

Gonna start part 7 now

Part 7 probably has the most tightly-written plot of any of the parts, and it really shines because of it. There's still a couple things that are "Araki can't figure out his own story", but it's mostly not too bad.

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jun 5, 2015

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Million Ghosts posted:

Buff Okuyasu is super weird, he gets so cute by the end that it's hard to believe it's the same dude.

I'm reading through, and I feel like the most noticeable changes in overall art style are occurring during Toshizaku Hazamada (Surface). You can actually see him shrink from chapter to chapter, it's weird.

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jun 22, 2015

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

It's just an artstyle shift. Seriously, look at Hazamada's actual chapters, he's continuously shrinking throughout them.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

No, I'm pretty sure that Karera, Kira, and Josefumi were up to *something* together that interfered with the rockman plans. At some point, Karera was forced to split off, while Kira and Josefumi got cornered in Morioh and fused into Josuke. Now Karera's getting towards the end of her rope, and has headed to Morioh because it's the last place she knew Josefumi was. So she runs into Josuke, and thinks he's Josefumi. Unfortunately, she was tailed the entire time.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Joseph sounds a lot more... proper than I would have imagined. Also more British.

Something about his inflection on that line makes me think 'amateur fandub', and I'm not entirely sure what.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Similarly, the best Jolyne fan art is little kid Jolyne.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

No? What made you think he was dead?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

Wasn't that what Echoes Act 3 more or less comes down to?

Pretty much, though it only ever uses freeze. So I guess Koichi is just really poo poo at puns.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

That does look better than the N'doul fight, I'll give it that.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Yeah, I really like that he just yells a single ORA as he punches a dude. Something about that is just hilarious to me.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

I wonder how deep they're going to go on their character selections; having Mariah and N'Doul is already a bit out there. Are we going to get Wekapipo? Viviano Westwood? Risotto Nero?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Man, I hadn't even considered it, but the animated version of the Highway Star fight is going to be loving radical.

They'd better have Josuke do the Akira bike-slide, though.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Yeah, it makes a big difference on the cover where Gyro is primarily wearing black with blue accents, compared to loving neon blue in the game. Johnny's also a little too pastel there (but his color should be blue anyways, dammit).

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

This has to mean we get Yasuho, right? They aren't going to go that deep on other parts and just leave Gappy as the sole part 8 representative.

Also, give me playable Wekapipo.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

It should be noted that some people are working on a part 4 sequel to 7th Stand User. Even if it never ends up getting made, we get some neat stand designs out of it (I particularly love Slim Shady it's a shadow so it can't stand up )

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Really hope she just busts out King Crimson out of nowhere.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Moltrey posted:

Pork Pie Hat Kid was a really weird fight.

My favorite Steel Ball Run panel is when Johnny and Gyro leave the scene and the next few panels just zoom into a CAUTION: BEARS sign and that's never brought up again.

It isn't the panel zooming into the sign, it's the sign zooming into the panel because of Ticket to Ride shenanigans.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

I care less about "oh, they picked that song" than I do about what visuals they match it with. The OP/ED animations have all been great (although yes, awesome music *is* a big part of that. SONO CHI NO SADAME).

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

The day before I was born, Josuke found about the Arrow, and then turned Angelo into an ugly rock face.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Stallion Cabana posted:

or keep wearing the same goddamn tie.

Hey now, if you had a tie that amazing, you wouldn't let any other considerations come between you and wearing that tie.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Johnny Joestar posted:

it IS about time that we had a part where people can be sorta happy at the end. ignoring stone ocean, that is, because other than emporio there's something to be said about New Jolyne and the crew being freed from the burden of fate. i can definitely see gappy and yasuho + others being able to scrape out a happy life at the end while gappy tries to figure out who he is. metaphorically, not literally. he already knows the latter.

Hey now, Part 7 does a great bittersweet ending. Yes, ultimately Gyro died and that was terrible, but Johnny is finally standing on his own two feet (metaphorically and literally) and moving forward with his life.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Not as confused as the 36 Kars on Mars were about the whole thing.

The Kars on Mars are totally used to it though--living through the resets is the entire reason there's 36 of them. Every time it loops around is another new Kars added to the group. They probably use the unique time properties to play like, Extreme Karsball or something.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

RubberLuffy posted:

for all its faults, All Star Battle loving nailed the special GHA of Johnny vs Valentine

it's my favorite to watch

You monster, you've gone and got me hype about Part 7 again and it'll be years before it gets abimated. I hope you're happy with yourself. (That is an immensely satisfying beatdown, though, and it makes me happy to think about it. gently caress you, Valentine.

Also yes, Carry on My Wayward Son would be incredibly perfect as the ED for 7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

Carry On My Wayward Son dammit

I still stand by Shiny Happy People working for part 4

When people have speculated on ED songs, my reaction has generally been"eh, that'd be alright, whatever". When people got mad about All Star not being the pick for part 4, it was kind of hilarious, because that was a silly thing to get invested in.

If we get part 7, and Carry On Wayward Son is not the pick I will be loving angry, because god drat it that choice is perfect on every level.