Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Crush is a good renaming of Clash because it's pronounced exactly the same in Japanese. I didn't even realize the name had been changed at first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Friendship ended with wake up feeling so horny

Now STAND UP JOIN US is my new ED

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Manga Jojo's Manga Thread Manga (For The Manga): 「Can't Stop The Rock」

Because sometimes people need more guidance on which thread is which.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

overmind2000 posted:

Dio's theme song was the only good thing to come out of the Phantom Blood movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MztTCT2PLC0

It's so weird as a song for Part 1 but also it fuckin' slaps poo poo and as many AMVs have shown, actually kinda fits for Part 3.

Also, even if the movie is garbo, I kinda want it to be found just for archival's sake. It's weird to think that such a high-profile (in Japan) movie from as recent as 2007 is just lost.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

If only it had fallen behind a toilet

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I mean he kinda did die.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

somepartsareme posted:

imo it's reasonable to suspect that it was supposed to be time travel while you're reading it given that it's jojos and that wouldn't be an uncommon trope. the weird part is continuing to insist that it was originally supposed to be time travel despite all evidence to the contrary and the fact that it never comes up again

The thing is, it wasn't a trope in Jojo's yet. People are coming to this theory based on a pattern that hadn't actually been established at the time because with the scans, people are reading the entire series at one time and applying future information to their readings of the behind the scenes process.

It's kinda like the opposite problem DBZ has where since the west had so much time between DBZ and a proper full wide release of the original Dragon Ball, people (and Toriyama) are under the impression that Toriyama forgot Launch as a character, but actually he basically wrote her out two weeks after her last appearance.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I mean, he's a cop so yeah.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

His cheeseholes got covered though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Jojo might be going on a bizarre adventure.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I had forgotten that Abbacchio died here. I thought everyone who died did so at the Coliseum.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Star Platinum is out here doing whatever the gently caress it wants and no one minds. King Crimson is at least doing some form of "erasing time" at each point, even if that phrase is being defined differently.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

somepartsareme posted:

the problem with king crimson is the people who act like it does actually work logically and consistently. much like every stand, it does whatever is plot convenient, and theoretically is very thematically cool for diavolo, so it's all fine. but don't try to tell me it's actually very well considered and not bullshit

Gold Experience is much the same way.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

In conclusion, Golden Wind is a land of contrasts, or as the Italians call it, Buca di Beppo.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Honestly, after the Doppio and Nero fight, I like just Epitaph alone more than King Crimson as a whole.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's also funny to go right from one of the most fleshed out and engaging antagonists in the series to one who basically has no character by design.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Doppio is a good boy though and I'm glad he's getting respect.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

「This Troper...」

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That's their common defense whenever someone criticizes them, but it's kinda bullshit because a lot of what they say in those videos is their actual opinion.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Or how I forgot that FF is just animating a corpse instead of just assuming the form of the dead girl like a bunch of nanomachines

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Part 6 as the end of the DIO saga, has the revenge of the frogs from part 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxU2eqZtYmc

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's less a legality of fan translation thing and more not having people tweet about things that haven't officially come out yet and possibly jeopardizing the source, I think.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

multijoe posted:

Is there a story on why the pace of official English translations for the latter JoJo parts has been glacially slow? Seems kinda weird we've had five parts of the anime animated and translated to English before the DiU translation has even been finished.

I mean

They were spending a lot of that time

Doing the first two parts.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Expect My Mom posted:

The Part 4 volumes do look great, I like their style a lot more than I do the JoJoniums

I did find it weird that Viz just ran with the Jojonium style for just about all the Jojo stuff, with the anime releases and Manga In Theory.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

We gotta get that Steel Ball run simulread fuckin' going, I swear.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also I think it'd be kinda appropriate to start it on September 25, but I wanna read it noooow

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also call it Steel Ball Read.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Expect My Mom posted:

And yeah, an entirely new manga thread might be good too if someone wants to do that, if not I'll slowly pick at making one

I can try to make one tonight after work.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

I can try to make one tonight after work.

I'm gonna work on this right now, gimme thread titles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I done did it.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3889260