Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I bought it for full price. Twice (Japanese and English versions). Including all the DLC for both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

multijoe posted:

One day Araki will obtain 'Heaven'

Perhaps...heaven is in all of us.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Just gotta say it's pretty great to go to a convention and finally see Josuke cosplayers.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

The air tanks are the only "diver" thing about them though. Get rid of those and you lose the reference.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

So what did everyone think of the Kira scene right at the beginning? I thought it was great and was actually hoping for something like that.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

I mean it makes sense that Keicho would probably want to keep tabs on everyone that he shot with the arrow.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

RubberLuffy posted:

The opening scene is very voyeuristic and I feel we shouldn't be spying on a quiet and peaceful date between two loving people.

You gotta hand it to the production staff for creating that sort of atmosphere.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

That was loving amazing, someone link it if they have it.

There was like this comment on a picture comparing the anime and manga designs where some guy went loving nuts and blamed SJWs and feminists for Jotaro being a bit more simplified.

OK I gotta see this.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Joseph's always been a horndog, though they kind of toned that aspect of his character down in the anime. (see: cutting out the scene where he loudly proclaims wanting to flip up the skirts of some girls)

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Wow didn't know that about Planet Waves.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Apes-Ma posted:

I'm baffled that there are fans that are still upset by Hamon not being a thing anymore.

Same.

Like, there are no more vampires. Dio was the last vampire and he's dead. Why would there still be a need for Hamon?

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

darealkooky posted:

for sure, I'm not losing any tears over it never coming up again. I''ve just seen way too many people with this weird hatred of hamon whenever it gets brought up.

the actual reason araki turfed it, beyond changing trends in shounen fightman comics was because part 2 came up with way too many stupid uses for it. in part 1 it was pretty basic but part 2 has mind control, the ability to stop peoples hearts, whatever the gently caress that bubble stuff ceasar was doing and kars super hamon deathray

he can't write as good of an action scene with a super open ended power, this is the same reason act 3 only ever slows people down when act 1/2 did all kinds of stuff with words

Good points and I agree. Araki is at his best when he has a simple, well-defined power that he comes up with many uses for vs. an open-ended power that seems to get more nebulous as time goes on.

See: Crazy Diamond vs. Gold Experience. Crazy D only ever "restores" -- this can be used for healing, repairing objects, chasing criminals, etc. Gold Experience in theory can create life from objects, yet it's shown to do things like overload one's senses and reflect damage. These don't really have anything to do with its original power and are contrivances for the sake of plot. Said abilities are never used again after their initial appearances.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

EoH confirmed poo poo

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Kira made the exact same mistake that a certain other Kira also made: gloating of his victory a bit too early.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

As awfully written as Gold Experience is as a Stand, I find it funny in a meta way that its ultimate form is literally "I win".

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

This is my ability....[WALK LIKE AN EGYPTIAN]

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

Diego is how Dio probably would've ended up if not for the stone mask.

Alternate Diego is literally Part 3 DIO right out of the box.

Mount Rushmore is now just four different facial expressions of President Valentine.

Who would be the fat one?

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

So I heard that Toonami removed the Stand info scenes before commercials.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

It is kind of great how you go through part 6 thinking "oh hey, maybe no one will die this time" and then everyone loving dies.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

The real question is how many Trump jokes are we gonna have to endure when part 7 gets adapted

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Ozone Baby was definitely one of the more OP Stands.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Did Araki just do a Bokurano? :eek:

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

It would legit ruin my Friday in 2021 if this page doesn't happen in the anime

The previous chapter end is also a good place to end an episode at.

I like how everyone somehow knows it's the real Spiderman and not just some cosplayer.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

They'll probably still say Spiderman in the Japanese since it's an American creation and they're fine with saying all the band names. Crunchyroll would be the one to change it to Arachnid Fellow.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Jojo is a series where a black man can hire the KKK to kill a white man who is the son of a black man.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

The fact that DavidPro made Cioccolatta the one to dismember the dude is loving perfect.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Feeling like you're posting too much about Jojo?

This must be the work of an enemy Stand.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Watching Vinesauce Joel's playthrough of Undertale and was treated to him raging at ScrewAttack's Jotaro vs. Kenshiro fight. It astounds me that they've had at least three fights involving Jojos and still have yet to grasp the concept that only other Stand users can see and harm Stands.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

That's probably a problem inherent to JoJo crossing over where you need to fudge the rules. Expect the same thing to happen if someone from JoJo becomes a playable character in Jump Force or any future crossovers.

I get that they have to do that in games but it's a little jarring in a video series where they claim to do research on the characters and their abilities.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

No one under 30 know what screwattack is

it's the powerup that halo gets so he can turn into a ball, sheesh, keep up

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

In retrospect I did pack a bit too much in there.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

it's a bit crude, but...how do i say this

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

I looked up Dub Rohan for the first time and it's great. He just sounds so punchable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wEYwivdy78

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Rohan is Dennis Reynolds.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

RatHat posted:

Also Coco Large are you loving kidding me.

"Coco Jumbo" wasn't even the correct name in the first place so I don't understand why they didn't go with that.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

quote:

next week is baby face and that sucks
Eh? Babyface is a pretty good fight. Plus it's where Giorno learns how to heal people...probably the one new ability that he actually uses more than once...yeah....gotta love Gold Experience.

Edit: nvm, read the other thread and forgot about that aspect...hopefully they don't dwell on it.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

As usual, DavePro is going to pick something completely buttfuck random yet still strangely fitting.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

multijoe posted:

It'll either be 'Infamous LARGE' or 'Zombie Monster' depending on whether that episode gets a cool translator or the one who named Sticky Fingers & Sex Pistols

Noticeably F.A.T.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Jonathan bonking his head on the door frame is a top moment for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

You'd think he would've used timestop all the time to catch fish before they got away and stuff.