Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
For me it's something like Joseph (young)>Josuke>Jolyne>Johnny>Jotaro>Joseph (old)>Jonathan>Giorno. Josuke is probably the most complex and realistic character, but young Joseph is the most fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

setafd posted:

I haven't read Part 8, but I've never gotten the impression Araki was necessarily against strong female characters

Lisa Lisa owns bones all the way in Part 2

The female characters in Parts 1-2 weren't particularly bad, but then comes Part 3, where the female characters are either damsels in distress or throwaway villains except for Enya. Part 4 has one female sort-of protagonist, who is a yandere. By Araki's own admission, he had some sexist ideas back then that he came to realize were silly. You can pinpoint the exact spot where his attitudes changed, too; it's right in the middle of the Notorious BIG fight.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Baal posted:

Weren't Wes and Enrico supposed to be black?

No, just Italian. The KKK guys assumed Wes was black because they thought his black stepfather was his actual father.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I think Vento Aureo is something of an exception in a couple of ways due to the poo poo translation being super forgettable itself, where as Duwang was memorable for being funny bad and the language barrier for a lot of English readers. Italian names are a little samey if bombarded with with them.

Something like this for example might be good at figuring something like which characters you can remember/which stands you like more than their users etc.
http://www.sporcle.com/games/InfiniteZeke/jojos-bizarre-adventure-stands-including-jojolion

I think the best I ever did was like 80%, but that was before the JJL twins and Damo were added for sure.

I just tried it and got 146 of 150. The ones I couldn't remember were Oyecomova's Boku no Rhythm wo Kiitekure, Elder Aphex Brother's Schottkey No.1, Younger Aphex Brother's Schottkey No.2, and Tamaki Damo's Vitamin C. I could vaguely remember all except Vitamin C, but I couldn't remember the exact spelling of the other 3.

I think it would be a lot harder if it gave you the Stands instead and you had to name the users.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jan 25, 2016

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

ActionZero posted:

Now that I've actually seen Rohan rather than just hearing how there's a mangaka in DiU at some point, is it just me or is Heaven's Door possibly the most absurdly powerful stand in Jojo so far? At first everything could be explained by it being like brainwashing (eg. Koichi tries to attack him but subconciously misses) but then he made Koichi be thrown backwards out of the ghost road. Is there anything he couldn't do just by writing it on someone?

Obviously I can't speak for later parts but I can't think of any stand before now that even compares.

It's limited mainly by Rohan's aesthetic sensibilities.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I thought the epilogue implied that Mista was able to survive absurd things because of ~fate~. It had nothing to do with his Stand.

I'm not a big fan of that whole aspect of Jojo, honestly. It was funny with Thoth, but it eventually got to the point of undermining everyone's agency.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Feb 1, 2016

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Obviously these things originally just happened, but the story we're reading is actually the second time through the timeline after Pucci gets Made in Heaven, hence why things just kind of go right for him in the ending of Part 6.

I don't remember that being stated. I thought the universe repeating itself was just how the universe worked, and Pucci was just trying to change things so people would be aware that it was repeating on some level.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Moltrey posted:

On this page Araki apparently says Kakyoin's first name was always Tenmei and has personally always called him such, so I dunno where we got Noriaki from. Another reading I guess?

It's the reading the editor went with.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

I wonder how many people wasted away as a result of rohan ripping pages out of them before he tried that poo poo with koichi

I wonder what even happened with them, since they were losing lots of weight suddenly but maintaining the same shape (or whatever was happening I forget)

The question of how many people the various people who started as villains in Part 4 (Okuyasu/Rohan/Yukako/Fungami/Kobayashi/Hazamada/Miyamoto) killed offscreen is kind of interesting. I'd actually say none of them have actually killed anyone.

• Rohan's Heaven's Door reading of Hazamada didn't turn up him killing anyone.
  • Okuyasu mentioned Keicho doing a lot of things behind his back.
  • Miyamoto just wanted to escape from Superfly, which required him to trap someone else in there alive, not kill them.
  • I don't remember for sure, but I think Fungami explicitly didn't drain people enough to kill them (and he wouldn't have needed to, since he was taking energy from multiple people just to heal one)
  • Yukako is pretty unstable, and did come very close to killing a non-Stand user onscreen, but she's specifically obsessed with Koichi; I don't think she was a yandere before meeting him.
  • Rohan's later characterization suggests that while he's an rear end in a top hat, he's not usually as...unstable as he acted when he was introduced. It also seemed that Koichi was considerably more "compatible" with his drawings than anyone he'd ever met before. He might have ripped out a few pages in the past, but not enough to seriously endanger anyone.
  • If any of them is a killer, it's most likely Kobayashi. But I don't think he wouldn't have needed to kill anyone to accomplish his goals before meeting Koichi.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Amaryllis posted:

Yeah, Part 5 was in vanilla jump, and so was Part 6 iirc. How did he get away with some of those brutal fights?

I get the impression that what Jump allows has changed since then.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

A person who doesn't read jojo was telling me about how from what they understand, people don't read jojo for the stellar writing and only read it for the interesting fights and powers, and that the quotable sentences don't really count since they're just sentences and they aren't full passages or anything that don't really compare to good writing like you would find in shakespeare

Now, I'm biased, but I think jojo has pretty good writing, but I also haven't read the original japanese text so I dunno if the original japanese is well written or not. Plus, shakespeare's writing was pretty crass. Well written, but crass, filled with innuendo and violence and jokes and all kinds of poo poo, so...

I dunno, is jojo actually something that people consider to be well written? Obviously not on the level of non-comic book literature, but is jojo considered well written for being a comic? I feel like it's pretty dismissive to say that nobody seems to enjoy jojo for its writing.

In terms of dialogue/narration (which is what I assume writing means in this context, not plot), I'd call it good for a shonen manga, if that makes sense? When I'm reading One Piece, even the Viz version, I can't help but notice how undisciplined (for lack of a better word) the dialogue is. Characters in One Piece always do the tsukkomi reaction thing, use too many words, say things that undermine the thematic seriousness of a situation, spell out things better left implied, etc. Jojo characters don't really do that, while still getting a lot of memorable lines. It's not Shakespeare-level, or even Watchmen-level, but it's solid.

Edit: I don't mean to pick on One Piece. Dialogue in Naruto is worse in a way, with plenty of very trite lines and unclear exposition. Fairy Tail doesn't even have the memorable lines that One Piece and Naruto do.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Feb 22, 2016

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

jojo's does characters incredibly well so even if there's the occasional hiccup story-wise it's still pretty entertaining just from the characters being good. they're frequently one of the most-discussed topics about the series, which sounds like something that should be a given, but consider all those series out there where at least 75% of the characters are quickly forgotten and no one gives a poo poo about them.

Jojo has some forgettable characters too, like many of the villains-of-the-week in Stardust Crusaders. Pretty much every recurring character is memorable, though (if not always as fleshed-out as they should be).

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Feb 22, 2016

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

I remember every bad guy in Part 3.

Granted, I'm not the yardstick you should use for what the common man does or does not remember about Part 3, but there you go.

I remember them too, in the sense of remembering their names and their Stands. It's just that I can't remember the personalities of a lot of them beyond "cruel and arrogant, just like all the others."

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

hatty posted:

Remeber Araki's western art phase? that was weird.

What's this actually from?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Von Humboldt posted:

I'm reading Part 5, and the translation I'm looking at references a big plot hole in the chapters right around the time Buccellati first shows up. However, I, uh, I have no idea so far what that plot hole is. Anyone care to fill me in?

The most obvious one that comes to mind is Gold Experience seemingly losing the retaliation ability without explanation (with good reason, though; Gold Experience is powerful enough as it is).

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I'm assuming the actual main villain will be a new Kars equivalent. The only really antagonistic characters left at this point are Damo and Joubin; Joubin clearly isn't powerful enough to be a main villain, and even if Damo survives the current fight, he won't be much of a threat by himself if the entire Higashikata family (plus Yasuho and Karera, probably) knows his ability. There's theoretically room for either of them to get a powerup, of course (every main villain except Diavolo gets one at some point), but there isn't really an obvious mechanism for either of them to get one.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Pomp posted:

Damp is a top tier Jojo villain either way

Not sure if this is a typo or an autocorrection, but it fits his power either way.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
The real problem with Purple Haze is that Giorno's vaccine snake makes its drawback mostly irrelevant.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I hope Purple Haze Feedback gets an OVA or something eventually.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Stallion Cabana posted:

my favorite part of the JoJo Wiki is The Hand's stand page, where it says that The Hand has faster then light movements because it's almost as fast as Crazy Diamond, which is faster then Star Platinum which moves faster then light and Crazy Diamond is stronger then Star Platinum. This is like still on the Wiki. It's hilarious.

As far as I know literally none of this is in a good translation of the manga; Josuke claims Crazy Diamond's speed is 'around' 300 KM/H, and saying that Crazy Diamond is stronger and faster then Star Platinum is completely at odds with the fact every time there's a description of Jotaro it says 'The Master of the Strongest Stand in the World, Star Platinum'.

Confession; I was the head of the JoJo wiki (or A JoJo Wiki) like 10+ years ago when it barely existed at all, before the Anime and everything, and didn't even have most of the Part 3 Stands listed and there were no other contributors. The only thing I did was put in the Crusaders Stands and their powers.

Star Platinum being lightspeed is stated as least twice, though.

The speed of Stands is just really inconsistent.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

RaspberryCommie posted:

I'm pretty sure Star Platinum's powers, other than time stop, were just its strength and precision. It's really fast, but there are faster stands like Silver Chariot. And yeah, I'm pretty sure he said CD is faster.

I thought Star Platinum was shown to be faster than Silver Chariot in the Anubis fight.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

I started reading Purple Haze Feedback because someone mentioned it existed a few pages back and it'S good. Like, the writing isn't very good (either due to the translation or being a trashy light novel in the first place) but the "Jojo-ness" of it comes clear through the page and you stop noticing the quality of the writing almost immediately.

I thought the prose was very good by fan-translated light novel standards. I've read professionally-translated books that seemed much more awkward (like The Dark Forest).

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
The defeated enemies becoming shorter isn't an art shift. It represents a change in the way Koichi views them.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

RubberLuffy posted:

Yeah there were a lot of people who complained that Part 3 made Joseph "stupid", but he was an idiot in Part 2. Being clever and quick-thinking in a crisis doesn't mean he's not an idiot in general.

Part 3 Joseph is kind of bad even at quick-thinking in a crisis, though. I attribute it to brain damage from the Lovers fight.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Moltrey posted:

Some anime only people thought Angelo was the main villain so anything is possible

I'd love for Sheer Heart Attack to be the halfway point but Yoshikage Kira Killing A Middle Schooler already feels like it's pushing it so who knows

I was an idiot and thought the initial end point would be Kira helping his hand girlfriend out of the car after the Rohan fight but at this rate that's gonna be like Episode 15 - 16 and goddamn I'm really excited to see Kira this season. Show me the Hand Daddy, David Prod

Time to repost this:

Silver2195 posted:

It should really be more like this (Edit: Bad Seafood edited out the post I was responding to):

Season One
  1. Jotaro Kujo Meets Josuke Higashikata
  2. Aqua Necklace (1)
  3. Aqua Necklace (2) (includes start of Nijimura Brothers)
  4. The Nijimura Brothers (1)
  5. The Nijimura Brothers (2)
  6. The Nijimura Brothers (3)
  7. Echoes (1)
  8. Echoes (2) (includes start of Surface)
  9. Surface
  10. Yukako Yamagishi is in Love (1)
  11. Yukako Yamagishi is in Love (2)
  12. Yukako Yamagishi is in Love (3)
  13. Let's Go Out for Italian!
  14. Red Hot Chili Peppers (1)
  15. Red Hot Chili Peppers (2)
  16. Achtung Baby
  17. Let's Go Visit the Mangaka's House! (1)
  18. Let's Go Visit the Mangaka's House! (2)
  19. Let's Go Hunting! (1)
  20. Let's Go Hunting! (2)
  21. Rohan Kishibe's Bizarre Adventure (1)
  22. Rohan Kishibe's Bizarre Adventure (2)
  23. Harvest (1)
  24. Harvest (2)
  25. Kira Yoshikage Wants a Quiet Life (1)
  26. Kira Yoshikage Wants a Quiet Life (2) <-- (includes the People of Morioh)
Season Two
  1. Cinderella (1)
  2. Cinderella (2)
  3. Sheer Heart Attack (1)
  4. Sheer Heart Attack (2)
  5. Sheer Heart Attack (3) (includes start of Atom Heart Father)
  6. Atom Heart Father
  7. Rock, Paper, Scissors! (1) (includes Kira's Yoshikage's New Face (1))
  8. Rock, Paper, Scissors! (2) (includes Kira's Yoshikage's New Face (2))
  9. I Am An Alien (1)
  10. I Am An Alien (2)
  11. Highway Star (1)
  12. Highway Star (2)
  13. Stray Cat (1)
  14. Stray Cat (2)
  15. The Man on the Tower (1)
  16. The Man on the Tower (2)
  17. Enigma (1)
  18. Enigma (2) (includes start of My Dad Is Not My Dad)
  19. Cheap Trick (1) (includes end of My Dad Is Not My Dad)
  20. Cheap Trick (2)
  21. Another One Bites the Dust (1)
  22. Another One Bites the Dust (2)
  23. Another One Bites the Dust (3)
  24. The Invincible Crazy Diamond (1)
  25. The Invincible Crazy Diamond (2)
  26. Goodbye, Morioh Town (includes end of The Invincible Crazy Diamond)

Angelo went quicker than expected, so I guess that means an extra episode of either Surface or Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

Time to repost this:

Angelo went quicker than expected, so I guess that means an extra episode of either Surface or Red Hot Chili Peppers.

And Bad Seafood's version:

Bad Seafood posted:

Went to the trouble to make a mock-up episode list for a hypothetical Part 4 anime. Here's the breakdown:

Season One
  2. Aquatic Necklace (1)
  3. Aquatic Necklace (2)
  4. The Nijimura Brothers (1)
  5. The Nijimura Brothers (2)
  6. The Nijimura Brothers (3)
  7. Echoes (1)
  8. Echoes (2)
  9. Surface (1)
  10. Surface (2)
  11. Yukako Yamagishi is in Love (1)
  12. Yukako Yamagishi is in Love (2)
  13. Yukako Yamagishi is in Love (3)
  14. Let's Go Out for Italian!
  15. Red Hot Chili Peppers (1)
  16. Red Hot Chili Peppers (2)
  17. Red Hot Chili Peppers (3)
  18. Achtung Baby
  19. Let's Go Visit the Mangaka's House! (1)
  20. Let's Go Visit the Mangaka's House! (2)
  21. Let's Go Hunting!
  22. Rohan Kishibe's Bizarre Adventure
  23. Harvest (1)
  24. Harvest (2)
  25. Kira Yoshikage Wants a Quiet Life (1)
  26. Kira Yoshikage Wants a Quiet Life (2) <-- (includes the People of Morioh)
Season Two
  1. Cinderella (1)
  2. Cinderella (2)
  5. Sheer Heart Attack (3)
  6. Atom Heart Father (1)
  7. Atom Heart Father (2) <-- (includes Kira's Yoshikage's New Face)
  8. Rock, Paper, Scissors! (1)
  9. Rock, Paper, Scissors! (2)
  10. I Am An Alien (1)
  11. I Am An Alien (2)
  12. Highway Star (1)
  13. Highway Star (2)
  14. Stray Cat (1)
  15. Stray Cat (2)
  16. The Man on the Tower (1)
  17. The Man on the Tower (2)
  18. Enigma (1)
  19. Enigma (2)
  20. My Dad is Not My Dad
  21. Cheap Trick (1)
  22. Cheap Trick (2)
  23. Another One Bites the Dust (1)
  24. Another One Bites the Dust (2)
  25. The Invincible Crazy Diamond (1)
  26. The Invincible Crazy Diamond (2) <-- (includes Golden Hearts of Morioh)
Might not work out exactly like this, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't close.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Dias posted:

Italian food is real good and Araki was correct in giving it multiple chapters in DiU.

Also I dunno why you guys think more than a couple stragglers will hate on Let's Eat Italian Food, because it's both pretty funny and pretty tense. Most of the "monsters of the week" in Part 4 are more interesting than the ones in early part 3, and they feel more like small stories than roadblocks for the gang.

Part 4 has a lot fewer weak fights than Part 3, in general. It helps that many of the defeated villains stick around (and are distinct enough characters to justify this), and some of the storylines (like Let's Eat Italian Food and I Am an Alien) aren't really fights to begin with, so there's more variety. The only ones I'm not a big fan of are Let's Go Hunting (while it's cool to see a seemingly weak enemy take out Jotaro like that, the rats are kind of a reversion to Part 3 in their lack of personality, and it doesn't develop the other characters much either) and Red Hot Chili Peppers (while we get to see some cool applications of both Red Hot Chili Peppers and Crazy Diamond, Akira doesn't get the upper hand very much for someone who was the main villain at that point).

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Apr 10, 2016

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Joubin's status as a good dad is uncontested regardless of whatever other moral quandaries exist in his life.

Joubin offered to let the Rock Humans kill his own son. He is not a good dad.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Forktoss posted:

The old witch archetype is definitely a common one in the West as well, yes. Instead of regular old villainous witches, though, I guess I'm more interested in secondary characters with a sort of mother-son-type of relationship to a male main antagonist like Enya has with DIO, since it's that specific idea that (it seems to me) gets played with more in Japanese works than Western ones.

There are Western examples, like Grandmother Sengir from Magic: the Gathering.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

What game is that from?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Isn't that something Darkseid can do with his eyebeams and it's the single most evil and horrible thing he can do?
I'm not really sure Diavolo deserved that. He was just a dude who liked to sell heroin to kids. Kill him, don't drat him to an eternity of undying torture which he can't even just "turn off" like Kars because he's being constantly exposed to new stimuli, and not just the cold black void.

Did Giorno even know GER was doing that to Diavolo? And it wasn't for eternity, since Made in Heaven presumably put he out of his misery a few years later.

I'm more bothered by Josuke turning Enigma into a living book. Enigma wasn't really that different from Rohan when you think about it.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

4>7>2>6>5>3>1, IMO. Prior to Part 7, it was like the Star Trek movies: the even ones were better than the odd ones.

Interesting to note that the last time I mentioned this, I put 2 before 7. They're fairly close, really. I still stand by pretty much everything else I said.

Silver2195 posted:

People rank the parts a lot, but I'm not sure I've ever made a ranking post myself, so I'll do it now. Not ranking Part 8 because it's unfinished.

Part 4: The part with the strongest characterization overall (in part because we got to see the characters doing things other than fighting for their lives), and the part where Stands really come into their own. There's also no really bad fights/sub-arcs here. I didn't get much of an impression of Josuke's personality the first time I read it, but on a reread, I realized that he was a really complex character. For example, why does Josuke seem so much more laid-back later on, as opposed to his more serious personality earlier? Because his grandfather (who must have been like a father to him) died near the beginning; it must have taken him a while to come to fully come to terms with it. Part 4 does lack a cohesive plot with a sense of forward momentum for much of it, but the subplot of Rohan figuring out Kira's new identity was interesting.

Part 2: Had excellent tactical fights and the most memorable Jojo. (Josuke is a more realistic character, but Joseph is more memorable.) Joseph vs. Whammu is a particularly great set-piece fight. The only part with a real training arc, but it actually work. This is also where the series really gets bizarre. Whammu was a great antagonist, but he wasn't the main villain; Kars was the main villain, and Kars was sort of generic, personality-wise. What goals did Kars even have after he became the Ultimate Life Form? The complaint that no one other than Joseph does anything is slightly exaggerated, but it's true that no good guy other than Joseph wins an extended fight.

Part 7: The part with the best plot, though to be fair, most of the previous parts weren't really trying to have a plot. The characters were complex, though not quite as memorable as the Part 4 ones. The actual fights are what places this below Part 2; most of them are good, but some get confusing (especially Civil War).

Part 6: It was good to see some well-written female characters after the cringeworthy ones in Parts 3 and 4, and a main character who has to work to use their Stand cleverly after the somewhat overpowered Giorno. Also some cool and bizarre Stands like Underworld and Limp Bizkit. On the other hand, the art took a step backwards in some ways, to the point of making some of the fight scenes confusing. I have no strong feelings either way about the ending, but I can understand why some people hate it.

Part 5: Everything stops making sense as soon as Silver Chariot Requiem shows up. The characterization is better than 3 but not as good as 4 overall; Diavolo is the weak point here. Some good fights (in a similar vein to Part 4), but a couple of them lasted too long.

Part 3: It's weird that this part eclipsed the others in the public mind until the anime came out. Araki was clearly still figuring Stands out, and there's some weak fights (Dark Blue Moon, Strength, Wheel of Fortune, High Priestess...basically all Jotaro's solo fights except Yellow Temperance, come to think of it). Aside from Polnareff, the characters aren't fleshed out much. And DIO doesn't really do anything until the end. On the other hand, there's some really good fights too, like Pet Shop and D'Arby the Gambler.

Part 1: If I was going by the anime versions this would be ranked higher. As it is, though, it has the worst art (reminiscent of Rob Liefeld) and several chapters go by at the beginning before anything really happens (not a huge problem for me when I read it, but when you consider it was originally serialized in Jump, this counts against it). As a character, Jonathan is a mixed bag; Araki himself has admitted he lacks the flaws a really compelling character needs, but his relationship with Erina (while rather trite) is the only actually compelling romance prior to Part 8 (Joseph and Suzy Q barely interact (although Joseph's cheating suggests Araki noticed this too), and Yukako and Annasui are hosed up people that Koichi and Jolyne should have stayed away from).

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

The whole "Dio knew how to create an unstoppable stand but didn't do it himself because ???" thing is pretty dumb, yeah.

Over Heaven has Dio only fully figuring it out a few minutes before fighting Jotaro.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Assuming 39 episodes (and I've never seen anything official explicitly stating it will be), it should go something like this:

1. Jotaro Meets Josuke
  2. Josuke Meets Angelo
  3. The Nijimura Brothers (1) (includes end of Josuke Meets Angelo)
  4. The Nijimura Brothers (2)
  5. The Nijimura Brothers (3) (includes start of Echoes)
  6. Koichi Hirose (Echoes) (includes start of Surface)
  7. Toshikazu Hazamada (Surface)
  8. Yukako Yamagashi Is in Love (1)
  9. Yukako Yamagashi Is in Love (2)
  10. Let's Go Out for Italian
  11. Red Hot Chili Pepper (1)
  12. Red Hot Chili Pepper (2)
  13. Picked Up Something Bad (includes start of Let's Play at the Mangaka's House)
  14. Let's Play at the Mangaka's House
  15. Let's Go Hunting
  16. Rohan Kishibe's Adventure
  17. Fatty's Harvest
  18. Yoshikage Kira Wants a Quiet Life (1) (includes end of Fatty's Harvest)
  19. Yoshikage Kira Wants a Quiet Life (2) (includes People of Morioh)
  20. Cinderella (1)
  21. Cinderella (2) (includes start of Sheer Heart Attack)
  22. Sheer Heart Attack (1)
  23. Sheer Heart Attack (2)
  24. Atom Heart Father
  25. Janken Boy Is Coming (1) (includes Kira's New Face)
  26. Janken Boy Is Coming (2) (includes start of I Am an Alien)
  27. I Am an Alien
  28. Highway Star (1)
  29. Highway Star (2) (includes start of The Cat Likes Yoshikage Kira)
  30. The Cat Like Yoshikage Kira
  31. The Man on the Tower (1)
  32. The Man on the Tower (2) (includes start of Engima Boy)
  33. Enigma Boy
  34. My Dad Is Not My Dad (includes start of Cheap Trick)
  35. Cheap Trick
  36. Another One Bites the Dust (1)
  37. Another One Bites the Dust (2) (includes start of The Invincible Crazy D)
  38. The Invincible Crazy D
  39. Goodbye, Morioh Town (includes end of The Invincible Crazy D)

It looks kind of awkward, not because it would be rushed in the conventional sense, but because there's so many episode breaks in odd places, after the Stardust Crusaders anime went out of its way to avoid that kind of thing.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

That's how I read D'Arby the Gambler. I don't really buy into it being a result of Jotaro stopping time in the least and the way DIO's World plays out doesn't really gel with that interpretation either. None of the Crusaders believe that stopping time would be remotely possible and it's not a secret Jotaro would keep from them. (It's not a secret he can keep at all considering everyone ends up knowing Star Platinum can stop time)

It's not that Jotaro stopped time, but that D'Arby thought Jotaro stopped time.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Yinlock posted:

hello Evil Badman, here is your bow & arrow and complimentary Did You Know Star Platinum Can Stop Time pamphlet.

Yeah, that made no sense. Hopefully the anime will add some sort of explanation.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

What's the latest episode breakdown prediction.

Give me a moment.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

Assuming 39 episodes (and I've never seen anything official explicitly stating it will be), it should go something like this:

1. Jotaro Meets Josuke
  2. Josuke Meets Angelo
  5. The Nijimura Brothers (3) (includes start of Echoes)
  6. Koichi Hirose (Echoes) (includes start of Surface)
  7. Toshikazu Hazamada (Surface)
  8. Yukako Yamagashi Is in Love (1)
  9. Yukako Yamagashi Is in Love (2)
  10. Let's Go Out for Italian
  11. Red Hot Chili Pepper (1)
  12. Red Hot Chili Pepper (2)
  13. Picked Up Something Bad (includes start of Let's Play at the Mangaka's House)
  14. Let's Play at the Mangaka's House
  15. Let's Go Hunting
  16. Rohan Kishibe's Adventure
  17. Fatty's Harvest
  18. Yoshikage Kira Wants a Quiet Life (1) (includes end of Fatty's Harvest)
  19. Yoshikage Kira Wants a Quiet Life (2) (includes People of Morioh)
  20. Cinderella (1)
  21. Cinderella (2) (includes start of Sheer Heart Attack)
  22. Sheer Heart Attack (1)
  23. Sheer Heart Attack (2)
  24. Atom Heart Father
  25. Janken Boy Is Coming (1) (includes Kira's New Face)
  26. Janken Boy Is Coming (2) (includes start of I Am an Alien)
  27. I Am an Alien
  28. Highway Star (1)
  29. Highway Star (2) (includes start of The Cat Likes Yoshikage Kira)
  30. The Cat Like Yoshikage Kira
  31. The Man on the Tower (1)
  32. The Man on the Tower (2) (includes start of Engima Boy)
  33. Enigma Boy
  34. My Dad Is Not My Dad (includes start of Cheap Trick)
  35. Cheap Trick
  36. Another One Bites the Dust (1)
  37. Another One Bites the Dust (2) (includes start of The Invincible Crazy D)
  38. The Invincible Crazy D
  39. Goodbye, Morioh Town (includes end of The Invincible Crazy D)

It looks kind of awkward, not because it would be rushed in the conventional sense, but because there's so many episode breaks in odd places, after the Stardust Crusaders anime went out of its way to avoid that kind of thing.

This still holds, I think.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

This still holds, I think.

I should also add an updated 48-ep schedule (52 eps seems unlikely at the rate they're going).

Season One
  2. Josuke Meets Angelo
  5. The Nijimura Brothers (3)
  6. Echoes (1)
  7. Echoes (2) (includes start of Surface)
  8. Surface
  9. Yukako Yamagishi is in Love (1)
  10. Yukako Yamagishi is in Love (2)
  11. Yukako Yamagishi is in Love (3)
  12. Let's Go Out for Italian!
  13. Red Hot Chili Peppers (1)
  14. Red Hot Chili Peppers (2)
  15. Picked Up Something Bad
  16. Let's Go Visit the Mangaka's House! (1)
  17. Let's Go Visit the Mangaka's House! (2) (includes start of Let's Go Hunting)
  18. Let's Go Hunting!
  19. Rohan Kishibe's Bizarre Adventure (1)
  20. Rohan Kishibe's Bizarre Adventure (2)
  21. Harvest (1)
  22. Harvest (2)
  23. Kira Yoshikage Wants a Quiet Life (1)
  24. Kira Yoshikage Wants a Quiet Life (2) (includes People of Morioh)

Season Two
  1. Cinderella (1)
  2. Cinderella (2)
  5. Sheer Heart Attack (3) (includes start of Atom Heart Father)
  6. Atom Heart Father
  7. Rock, Paper, Scissors! (1) (includes Kira Yoshikage's New Face (1))
  8. Rock, Paper, Scissors! (2) (includes Kira Yoshikage's New Face (2))
  9. I Am An Alien (1)
  10. I Am An Alien (2)
  11. Highway Star (1)
  12. Highway Star (2)
  13. Stray Cat (1)
  14. Stray Cat (2)
  15. The Man on the Tower (1)
  16. The Man on the Tower (2) (includes start of Engima Boy)
  17. Enigma Boy
  18. My Dad Is Not My Dad (includes start of Cheap Trick)
  19. Cheap Trick
  20. Another One Bites the Dust (1)
  21. Another One Bites the Dust (2)
  22. The Invincible Crazy Diamond (1) (includes end of Another One Bites the Dust)
  23. The Invincible Crazy Diamond (2)
  24. Goodbye, Morioh Town (includes end of The Invincible Crazy Diamond)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Count Uvula posted:

Yeah it feels like Mistah's psyche is pretty messed up with him using his superstition and his (seldom mentioned) supreme faith in God having a destiny for him to cover for his mental issues. Like he appears calm and held together but he's removed all uncertainty by making god responsible for his ultimate fate, and focuses his fear on the number 4.

:shrug:
Or maybe it just lines up decently that way and he's just chill as gently caress aside from his number obsession.

When you put it that way, Mista seems very similar to Pucci.