Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Naerasa posted:

Even more sacrilegious: JoJo's has got me listening to Savage Garden again.

I Want You is a banger and don't listen to anyone who says otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

BaDandy posted:

That and there's also More Speedwagon.

Also Tarkus and Bruford are two of the most underrated antagonists in JoJo history :colbert:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

BaDandy posted:

Robert Edward O. Speedwagon defrosts an Italian man's frozen arm with the power of his abs.

Please read Phantom Blood.

He also Withdraws Coolly.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

And this is why Gyro is my favourite character in all of JJBA :allears:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Imagine thinking Johnny and Gyro are anything but the Best JoJo Buds.

Also imagine thinking Pizza Mozzarella wouldn't be a hit in Europe.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Then when you're just getting a handle on what Gold Experience does, bam, Gold Experience Requiem, probably the most complex stand in JoJo's.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Something just occured to me.

Gold Experience Requiem is immune to basically anything, right? Cuz it can reset any state back to 0.

Wouldn't that mean GER (and Giorno by extention) survived Made In Heaven's timeskip?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

standard owl posted:

please help this poor boy, his life is hard enough as it is :negative:

I wonder if The Hand could remove soy sauce without damaging the tonkatsu.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

apparently giorno and some other passione squad members got announced as characters for some card battle mobile game by bandai namco that specifically only has weekly shonen jump characters in it

so

i wonder what that might mean

Well, Pt5 was a weekly shonen jump story.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Nov 28, 2017

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

So I finally decided to read JoJolion, caught up in two days.

Woah.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Watch whichever you enjoy more, but my argument for the sub over the dub is that when watching dubbed, you don't get that cool feeling when characters start shouting random bits of english, while in japanese you'll end up with all kinds of sudden outbursts of english and it's a joy and it stands out in a good way.

Plus the dub VAs aren't nearly as hammy as the Japanese VAs. When you KONO DIO DA, you need to really go for it.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Koichi is merely A Good Boy. :colbert:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

"Flaccid Pancake" makes me laugh every time.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I don't think anyone knows how Giorno's abilities work either

Pucci just flipping through the details of Ungalo, Rikiel and Donatello's stands, turns the page, sees Gold Experience Requiem, decides Giorno really isn't worth the trouble.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Re-reading Vento Aureo and they're gonna have a real loving ordeal on their hands animating Baby Face so it doesn't look like some heavily implied Melone rape.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Calling it now: Ozone Baby will kill Tsurugi and Jobin will flip to being an ally. Only problem then is: Who's the main villain? Cuz it looked like it was setting up Jobin.

Also we managed to get a whole 72 chapters deep before a dog died.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Dec 18, 2017

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Drink Top posted:

I think Kaato/Joubin can still be major enemies without being aligned with the Rock Humans anymore. Also I love that Joubin isn't really that different from Joshu in the sense that they're both petulant rear end in a top hat man-children.

Jobin constantly bringing up "summer vacation forever" is basically a signal of "he might be the eldest but he's still a complete manchild mentally"

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Olive! posted:

:yeah:

This new stand looks like a combination of an office chair and the pope.

And so it looks like it's power is loving with air pressure/creating vacuums? Given the containers in the garage crumpling, Tsurugi's ears hurting and Jobin's nosebleed.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

The last fight involved an eccentric man who lives in a place where you wouldn't normally live. The fight before that involved Josuke being pursued by a powerful stand while Hirose tries to figure out the location of the user. This fight begins with the enemy stand doing something bad to a Higashikata in their own home.

Super Fly, Highway Star, Ozone Baby is Enigma, JoJolion is a retelling of DiU, I have solved it, everyone.

(Nah just kidding, but cool coincidence, huh?)

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Dec 19, 2017

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

You know, re-reading part 5 makes me wonder how they're going to handle Doppio/Diavolo in the anime. Seems like they've got two options: Different VAs for Doppio and Diavolo or same voice actor for both, just doing a different voice.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Having finished my Pt5 re-read with the new, actually good translation: you guys, Vento Aureo fuckin rules.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

It's pretty cool they remembered Giorno isn't a natural blonde.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Xad posted:

I just want another jojo fighter like the SDC one except with more characters.

But modern capcom won't do it justice so maybe ArcSys

I am thoroughly jealous of the DBZ ArcSys fighter and would give my left foot for a JJBA fighter with the same attention to detail.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Momomo posted:

The only reason I really care about part 5 anime is because then they'd do part 6. And after that, part 7. I have still yet to reread 5 with the good translation though, so I will admit I haven't given the part its fair try.

Please read the new translation. Pt5 went from my bottom three to probably my second favourite part just behind DiU.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I was born the day after Echoes became Act 2.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

God-drat, we really are back. poo poo's getting real.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Using bleach and heat to cure the bends with pure oxygen mid-fight has to be the best "overly complex tactic thought up entirely on the spot" in JoJo's history.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Feb 20, 2018

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

JoJolion is good but it feels like so much was set up early on that I've forgotten about and it's never been mentioned since.

Yeah, a lot of it feels like once I read it from start to finish uninterrupted, there's gonna be a lot of questions unanswered.

As for that symbol, the only time I remember it being a thing was to indicate which book Josuke should read for info on the Higashikatas.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Each individual Harvest, playable at last.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

It is loving ON now, my dudes.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Nah man, the Speed King/Paper Moon King team up was rad

I'm dying to see the hopefully inevitable All The King Stands team up.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

goth smoking cloves posted:

How long before we see a Death Grips stand?

Behold the power of my stand, 「You Might Think He Loves You for Your Money But I Know What He Really Loves You For It's Your Brand New Leopard Skin Pillbox Hat」

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

So now we have a rough ballpark for reaching the point where David Production have to explain King Crimson.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

The problem with most KC explanations is they fail to also explain Epitaph, which is necessary for KC to work.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

The part that's unclear to me is the extent to which Diavolo interacts with things during the skipped time. Is he intangible during the skipped time?

Bruno seeing himself is also confusing, although there is at least a possible explanation that makes sense to me (Diavolo lending Bruno Epitaph to confuse him).

Diavolo can't interact with anything during the erased time, because if he did, the interaction would be erased. So instead he just uses it to protect himself by erasing any harm done to him, and by repositioning himself to win instantly after the erased time (like the fight with Bruno, where he wins with a single strike).

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Dragonwagon posted:

His stand's creations stopped reflecting damage because it was already half requiem. Makes sense.

This is my favourite example of Araki just obviously forgetting a detail. Because the damage reflection happens literally once, in the first fight of the entire part, then never mentioned again.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

It's weird, Jolyne gets a bunch of outfits, when she's reasonably the JoJo with the least reasoning to be able to change her clothes.

Hell, we're already 70-odd chapters deep on Pt8 and Gappy's still running around in stolen fetishwear.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

It's so good to me that he drives such a compact budget car

Look, a pink Armani suit isn't cheap.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Agreed on Doppio's telephone shenanigans being the best running gag.

Also King Crimson vs Metallica will be amazing just for that moment where Doppio's eyes roll back and reveal Diavolo's hosed up broken pupils.

Really excited to see a bunch of the minor villain fights too. Like Narancia escalating the poo poo of a situation fighting Formaggio.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jul 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

My top 5 is:

1. Bites the Dust
2. Metallica vs King Crimson
3. White Album
4. Mandom
5. Horus

Horus is hugely underrated, I find. Such a tense battle and I completely bought Iggy being dead at the end of it.

Honourable mention to Jotaro and Iggy vs N'Doul, just because in animation, Iggy getting fastballed at N'Doul is the funniest loving thing in the world to me.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jul 22, 2018