Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

TheLoneStar posted:

I'd pick Pearl Jam as a Stand. A Stand that allows you to heal potentially any disease known to man simply by feeding people. You could easily make millions off of that.

Gold Experience for the same reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

Weather and Pucci are biracial (it's a huge plot point that weather is lightskinned but still technically black and like, that happens irl man, Weather is still black)

wasn't it that weather's adopted father was black? the entire thing of weather's backstory was that no one but pucci and weather's adopted mother knew about his true origins

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Gruckles posted:

Pucci and Weather are Italian. Pucci has an olive skin tone while Weather has a lighter one.

Weather's "adoptive" mother dated a black man around the time he was born. The KKK incorrectly assumed this meant that Weather was biracial, and lynched him because of the one-drop rule.

Yeah, I checked the pages in question and this is pretty unambiguously how it went

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Spacedad posted:

At every animation studio I've worked at, I've carefully worked to sneak Jojo characters or references in the background or among crowd scenes where feasible to do so. (Some shows you really can't. Others I get a lot of freedom to gently caress around with background characters.)
Show an example please.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Didn't love it. Liked the setup at the end though

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
people talk about how The Sun could've defeated DIO in part 3. but in part 6 would jumping jack flash have been immune to - and thus able to defeat - made in heaven

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
man what is your deal with it follows

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

Best we can really hope for is an OVA of the Fugo LN.

So has anyone really picked up on any foreshadowing in the OP? Most I’ve got is Fugo being the lead on the Man in the Mirror fight and maaaaybe Narancia’s death being fastforwarded through.

Fugo and Abbachio are both reflected in mirrors, the blood drips at the start are the blood drips used by polnareff and giorno to detect KC, rolling stone takes the form of abbachio's partner, and it pulls the same thing The End Of The WORLD did with all the people who die being on the same side of the corridor group shot

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
can't wait to see the animated black sabbath fight aka the one where echoes act 3 says muthaphukkin beeyatch

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
behold the power of my stand

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

yeah actually they will posted:

can't wait to see the animated black sabbath fight aka the one where echoes act 3 says muthaphukkin beeyatch

not yet... next week

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
welcome to page 666

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
"What A Wonderful World", obviously

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

Oh that's neat, probably better than the sudden exposition before he dies.

Lol at Abbachio being a grizzled veteran cop at 21 tho

it was in man in the mirror you POSER

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Daxing Dan posted:

I don't think Mista has ever successfully killed anyone in a stand battle using his gun, not even himself.

Edit: I just remembered that he killed Carne, the guy who got himself shot to death on purpose.

what about sale aka mr two-bullets. and doppio

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Something people don't talk enough about - Mista totally killed Doppio

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

I wonder what Hayato did with that tape of the murder

in the SPW vault next to akira's stand arrow and santana

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
remember when polnareff yelled at mista to pierce his stand on the arrow? where's THAT ending

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

Wow mista gets six requiem stands

Would he stab em individually or stake em like a kabob

The one he stabs becomes a full size close range power type. The rest stay the same size

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

There's one Kubo did of I think Polpo floating around.

i think you're thinking of this one

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

halleys comet posted:

Yeah i was really frustrated at ScrewAttack's (?) Jotaro vs. Kenshiro fight (??) so it was great to see Vinesauce Joel (???) rip them a new one in his playthrough of Undertale (????)

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

Probably because they think the new reference isn't going to get them sued, like when Devo the Cursed became Soul Sacrifice, J Geil became Centrefold, and Oingo and Boingo becoming Zenyatta Mondatta and also almost every stand in part 4.

soul sacrifice was actually an araki-chosen namechange. not sure about the others

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

I vaguely remember hearing that most/all of the part 3 changes were chosen by Araki but everything else has been the localization team

That makes sense. it explains why the part 3 changes didn't carry over to/from all star battle/eyes of heaven but the other changes did

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Llab posted:

poo poo, y'all have hyped me up for King Crimson pretty darn well. We'll finally* get to see Giorno do the ladybug button into animal thing too.

*I forget if this is the actual first instance of that.

He turned one into an eye in the baby face fight, if an eye counts.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

They’d look like that Satou drawing of them.

https://twitter.com/sattou0/status/1081922976402927617?lang=en

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

skip the OP entirely,

Th-this ability...!

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Notorious Batta

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
the more i think about diavolo's guard squad the more out of place squalo and tiziano seem. like they were just two relatively normal guys who managed to parlay their personal relationship into a working relationship or vice versa

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
is the next anime episode going to end with... you know... "the busstop"

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
jobin is the second jojo character to have a weirdo bug fetish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

i just view the virus thing as basically a jumpstart into the process and not the only way for stands to form

this is right... the manga even had an interstitial page saying that the arrow was a "tool" created by humans to "draw out" the potential for stands... not posting it in the anime thread in case the image of the devil's palm counts as a spoiler