Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Augus posted:

uh, is that a typo?

No? That looks legit to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Vonnie posted:

Okay I had to look this up, but there's no Speedwagon counterpart is SBR? hosed up.

There soooorta is? For one thing, the Speedwagon Foundation still exists, but probably does not have ties to the Joestars in the SBR universe. Mountain Tim is kinda like Part 1 Speedwagon and Steven Steel is kinda like Part 2 Speedwagon for actual counterparts.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Hermit Purple being infinite rope is basically perfect for Hamon users, but its applications against non-vampires leave a lot to be desired.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

They also need footage of it to use for that one panel from Part 5 I swear!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Do we even have “normal” colors for anyone post-DiU though? DavidPro tends to do their own thing for color schemes regardless of stuff like the colored manga.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I have to wonder if its a teaser trailer or the actual first episode.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I just defer to this whenever I need an explanation about the time stands.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

That's pretty good, the only thing I don't like is how they pronounce Josuke's last name and they don't even bother explaining how they got JoJo from his name.

That's how the name is pronounced though?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Consider that Joseph kept getting DIO or Angelo photos when trying to get photos of something else. Those two guys had overwhelming spiritual power and were kinda broadcasting themselves to the world. Kira lives sooooooo far off the radar that Joseph would probably never find him via spirit photography.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Aw, they went with Zipper Man? That’s weak.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Best we can really hope for is an OVA of the Fugo LN.

So has anyone really picked up on any foreshadowing in the OP? Most I’ve got is Fugo being the lead on the Man in the Mirror fight and maaaaybe Narancia’s death being fastforwarded through.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

Did you guys know Batta did an English version of Chase as a bonus track on their new album? I don’t have a youtube link or anything but the album’s on Spotify, at least in Japan. Just like Fighting Gold in English, I think I had an easier time understanding the song in Japanese, but its still a cool novelty, I think!

X-Posting from the anime thread.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

vcr display man - not sure exactly, probably fan turn people into vcr tapes so he can take their abilities or something or he gets people mad by turning all VCR time disp[lays to flashing "12:00"s

I so badly want to tell this person they’re one part off from having this stand power be real.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I see someone has never heard of Bepis.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

What happens to Polnareff at the end of this arc? He's dead, right? People keep saying "he's a turtle," but I thought that everyone's back in their own body, so Coco Jambo is too. So is he just persisting as a ghost inside of the Mr. President room?

Polnareff's soul just kinda lives inside the turtle now. He's primary adviser to Giorno and Mista considers him to be Passione's #2.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

My girlfriend finally got around to reading Grateful Dead last night and god, what a good fight. I cannot wait til the anime gets to that and we can watch Bruno unzipping his head to dodge a punch. :allears:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Grateful Dead and Beach Boy has my favorite one off villians. I love Fra calling Bruno a failure as a capo and then after Bruno does some ballsy poo poo he's like "I take back what I said, that was disrespectful" dude had some class. I also love how he keeps trying to build up Pesci, causing Beach Boy to be one of the most dangerous stands in the series. Pesci may have died, but he didn't die a Mammone. :unsmith:

Prosciutto being so supportive of Pesci is really nice. I especially like that Prosciutto wasn't mad at Pesci over freaking out about his ice getting shot and understood that it was a perfectly legitimate reason to lose his cool and in the end, wanted his bro to be the best, cold-hearted killer he could be. :3:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Dog Kisser posted:

I reread that part of Part 5 where the guys go to the italian restaurant. drat, what a ridiculous, hilarious series this is.

You're gonna have to be specific, Passione goes to a lot of restaurants. :v:

(Let's Eat Italian Food from Part 4 is one of my favorite bits of DiU)

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Also remember, that's Koichi telling the flashback.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Oh poo poo, the shadow chopping up Sorbet is Cioccolata, not Diavolo. Is that a new addition? I don't remember it at all.

Araki's original plan for VA was to have Fugo be a traitor that Giorno would have to take down, but that didn't sit well with him and he scrapped it and came up with Cioccolata for that instead, so he didn't even exist back during this part of the manga. :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

They shoulda called it Ocean Man instead of Fisher Man

My first thought would’ve been Coastal Child. :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I was down on Six Bullets and Zipper Man for a while but then I found out there are actual songs called that so I’ve warmed up a little to those ones. Jury’s still out on Lil’ Bomber though.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/1086333555020488704

Heeeeeeey, its finally coming!!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

If you probate only the ones who are doing the wink-wink-nudge-nudge posts, then you've called out the actual spoilers, but if you probate everybody, then you're robbing the thread of the ability to speculate.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

So is the Baby Face fight a one or two parter?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Arist posted:

Really excited to see how they stretch, "nothing matters, gently caress you, I win" to a half hour

That shouldn’t be hard, GER’s effect is already about extending one moment to the end of time. :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Xad posted:

I don't think they've been dubbed, but also as a more general question: do anime OVAs usually get dubbed?

It depends. Some do, but others are just ignored. The One Punch Man OVAs that were on the BD releases got dubbed when the series got localized blu rays, for an example of a recent OVA dub.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

i don't think they do sound effects in the op anymore, they didn't do it for any of the part 4 ones

and besides that, yeah, we should be getting a new op after this week's break anyways

Great Days had an SFX version, so it'll probably just be the last OP that gets it.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/pkjd818/status/1106510498500009986

From the anime thread, new art for the back half of part 5.

They're really not being subtle, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I feel like most of the time was on the Part 3 Jojonium releases tbh. DiU starts releasing this month at least?