Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Senor Candle posted:

Ok so I finished part 4 recently, and I've got some questions.
1.) Why isn't Joseph a vampire?
2.) Did they ever find that baby's mom?

I mostly skipped 5 because I couldn't deal with the terrible translation, is there somewhere I could read a good summary of it?

I'm a good ways into part 6 now and am really liking it. I just got through the punishment ward fight and holy poo poo I feel like the violence got turned up a couple notches here.

1) I don't think its ever given a reason but I always figured that Joseph glowing when he gets revived is his Hamon, which is killing Dio's vampire cells

2)No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Senor Candle posted:

Did they go into where the arrows came from at all?

Made out of a meteorite I believe

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Zeruel posted:

I really wish he got an OK ending :smith: Diego Brando had a hard life...
Diego x Hot Pants OTP

To himself he got an OK Ending, he died thinking he defeated Valentine

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

DIO actually did take control of Joseph, but Jotaro scares the poo poo out of him now so he decided to cut his losses and just live out the old man's life.

Can you imagine how much of a shocking twist if in the finale of part 6 it had Joseph show up and be young looking, revealing Dio had been playing the long con

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Aurora posted:

Uhhh yeah pretty sure you're just bullshitting at this point. It both doesn't really look that different and can do the same poo poo, so...

Looks the same to me :shrug:, Only thing I could find is that SPTW looks more slender which is probably from the art style evolution

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Aurora posted:

Nah, it makes way more sense if it's describing the ability.

On some random looking around on the jojo wikia, I found out something I had forgotten, that Killer Queen's extra abilities are all given stats, so i'm inclined to believe that SPTW is the stats for just the ability

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

Part 5 has a lot of really drat good fights, actually. Off the top of my head, the Train Battle, White Album, Bruno vs. King Crimson, King Crimson vs. Metallica and Oasis and Green Day are all hella sick and up there among the best JoJo fights of them all.

As excited as I am for a Part 4 anime, I'm more excited that it'll lead to a Part 5 anime since those fights are going to be great when animated, as well as finally getting a decent translation

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

isn't giorno supposed to be one of the most morally ambiguous jojos anyways. well, when translated well.

Yeah from what I remember hearing, he's a lot more Dio with some Jonathan then the other way around

Sir Ilpalazzo posted:

Huh, that's interesting. So Fugo was largely written out because Araki couldn't bring himself to go through with his original plan, and not because he felt he was overpowered.

I do like how they sorta work the traitor thing into ASB with the Fugo dlc

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
Saw this and figured i should post it http://a.pomf.se/zrhivb.webm

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

BaDandy posted:

My favorite "how I became DIO's minion" story is DIO just finding Anubis after breaking into a museum.

It's my favorite because Hol Horse mentions offhand that DIO has a lot of crap that should probably be in museums, so you just know he's looking for more poo poo like the stone mask or the bow and arrow. Even if you don't find anything like that, they're still worth a lot of money, so it's win-win all around.

I now have the mental image of Dio breaking into museums and randomly stabbing himself with artifacts in the hopes he'll get new powers

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

It's hard to imagine what the deal was with someone like Vanilla Ice, though.

He just sat patiently waiting for a British vampire to show up for him to serve

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
The dance and Narancia getting fork stabbed are definitely the highlights of part 5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YuUNlITkOg

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
Obviously its Jos2uke who helped Josuke

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
I still would have loved to see a showdown between GER and Made in Heaven, come to think of it Part 6 starring Giorno as the Jojo would have been interesting not that I didn't enjoy Jolyne

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Meme Emulator posted:

I cant play it because i get BULLSHIT memory errors if i play for more than 10 minutes

Have you tried the newest released version of it?

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
I wonder if Time Stop has an effected range, like say there was some third stand user who could stop time that was far off in a different country, he's just trying to eat his dinner when all of a sudden time stops and he's unable to move, and he keeps getting annoyed that time is seemingly randomly freezes

Brannock posted:

Does this really happen? I can think of only a few examples where the story ended with everyone (or even most characters) dying.

I think that's exactly how one of the Neverwinter Night games ends, like you beat the final boss then the cave collapses and everyone is dead "The End"

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
Where were the part 5 new translations at? feel like rereading the what they got

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

SkeletonHero posted:

The flipside of this is, if it has a more localized radius, then now Cairo, or select areas of it, are anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute behind the rest of the world. Which wouldn't amount to much but still sounds ominous.

I meant more that like if you are X distance away you won't become aware that time stopped even if you have the ability

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

I haven't gotten to Enigma on my reread, so I can't remember what the Enigma guy did that was bad enough to deserve getting turned into a book.

I think he was going to shred Josuke's friend and mother (?), so speaking of Steel Ball Run can someone remind me why Johnny can suddenly walk again?

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Meme Emulator posted:

1. Jolyne (Only when shes mindwiped)
2. The lady with the huge rack on Swindlers Street
3. Josukes Mom
4. The girl Hol Horse dumped
5. Melone

But Melone is a dude

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
Part 9 should just be Giorno and Rohan in the new universe hanging out

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

KimotaBoom posted:

90 year old Joseph Joestar's adventures in an old folk's home full of stand users.

Senile Joesph retelling part 2 and 3 to Shizuka then it ends with her having never actually been there

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Syllables posted:

Really out there question, but after the Hol Horse & Boingo arc, did Hol Horse actually die or just get sent to the hospital?

Think it says the bullet stopped right before entering the skull and is just injured and knocked out

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

A Steampunk Gent posted:

I'm reading Stone Ocean right now and I'm really confused why Dio's flashbacks all seem to take place in broad daylight, did Araki just forget he's a vampire?

He also completely forgets about the neck scar IIRC, and the ear birthmark but that got forgotten about a long time ago

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Adlai Stevenson posted:

I'd always assumed that it was Dio's influence that was triggering Holly and Jotaro's stands to activate and once his influence was removed Holly's went dormant again. Josuke would have been the same but he had the gumption to punch people who made fun of his hair so his stand actually developed.

Did he keep his stand as a kid? I thought He just got it back when he was older and had enough will or whatever, thought haven't read part 4 in forever

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Red Bones posted:

Well you can see big gold D's on the knees of that mystery figure, so yeah it's Made in Heaven/Green Baby DIO.

I would love that, I've always wanted to know what Made In Za Warudo would look like

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Dzhay posted:

Then how could Dio use Hermit Purple near the start of part 3?

It's Jonathan's stand

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
Doesn't Gyro only have a stand for like 2 minutes then sacrifices it to do a thing?

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Broseph Brostar posted:

I remember joking about this when ASB was coming out and here we are with five actual Dios.

I hope they create an original Jotaro to counter their original DIO, maybe with Star Platinum Requim.

I'd like it if Giorno was who has the final showdown, father vs son, OP stand vs OP stand, and Giorno choosing to be a GioGio over a Gio

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I want Eyes of Heaven 2 to deal with an alternate universe where Dio was a noble ripple master and Johnathan was an evil vampire.

I think I read something along the lines of that concept, an alternate story where Dio put the mask of Jonathan like he planned

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
I'm really hoping for an English release, was All-Star Battle successful enough for them to likely translate this?

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
Story Trailer seems to show off all the characters at the character select screen, has everyone already been confirmed previously or is this a chance to see the few that haven't officially been confirmed?

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Kabanaw posted:

Araki confirmed that the SBR universe is the reset universe years ago, not that it's ever going to have anything to do with the plots of part 7 or 8. It just ties parts 1-6 to 7 and 8 in the tiniest way.

Thought he confirmed it wasn't the reset universe, and that SBR is unrelated to the new universe at the end of Stone Ocean

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Butt Ghost posted:

My headcanon is that Irene and her dad might exist in JJL, and are reincarnations of Jolyne and Jotaro, but they don't have to deal with being Joestars anymore.

Irene still has a Joestar birthmark, given how D4C showed off that there are lots of different universe I don't really think its that hard to just go with Irene-Universe isn't Steel Ball Run Universe, like off all the different universes there should at least be one where the Joestars are happy and don't have to deal with Stone Masks and Stands

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Josuke's not always the most attentive when it comes to using Crazy D.

He steals a second mobile phone during Highway Star instead of fixing the one he broke first time, after all.

That's the excuse I'd run with anyway.

I think the phone thing is just that like 2 seconds later he sees another phone and doesn't think to waste time repairing the phone

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Moltrey posted:

When Kakyoin said that, it was possible that Illuso didn't have his Stand yet so Kakyoin was correct at the time :colbert:

As soon as Kakyoin said it, the stand arrow knew what it had to do

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
AltUniverse Kakyoin is going to show up in the hospital hitting on Holly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
Isn't a running theme with the Stands in Part 4 that they are all super powerful but only as good as their user? Like The Hand is limited by Okuyasu's intelligence