Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Looking at multi movie anime stuff going on like Persona 3 or Digimon, could they adapt a Jojo story into a film or multi length thing?

Maybe a standalone Jojo film? Some good post Part 4 stuff that's mostly talented animators pissing around

the Rohan stuff could work as an OVA series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the problem with original JoJo is that obviously you want Araki to write/design it, but the ova/movie could still suck without an actual comic to base visual/directorial decisions on. and if one existed you could just as soon read it instead of worry about an anime adaptation

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

part 3 Jojoniums?! glad i stopped buying SDC at volume 3 or 4

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i can't wait for the OP to be the Morning Song

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Josuke Higashikata Meets Italian Food!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i was gonna say having members of the SDC crew show up for one-off adventures would've been super fun, but then i remembered half of them are dead :smith:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

chaos rhames posted:

Most of the survivors do, but Polnareff is busy getting owned in Europe.

the dead ones are the better Crusaders though, i'd rather see their adventures

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Joubin is one of my favorite characters in all of JoJo, aesthetically speaking. i too hope he isn't terrible, though it's too bad he won't get any sort of character merch

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Yeah, Jobin looks awesome and it's a pity that there isn't anything for him and probably won't be.

maybe a Statue Legend if we're lucky? they seem to give those out on a whim

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm pretty bad about reading and keeping up with manga, so the JoJo update schedule is actually perfect for me. it's easier for me to just stay updated and only have 30 pages a month, than building up a backlog of chapters that i'd get through much slower.

then again, i stop jonesing for a new chapter about 3-5 days after reading the latest one, which probably makes me an outlier itt.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

DoubleDonut posted:

I just started reading Steel Ball Run and I have one question:

What the heck is going on with Gyro's jaw/chin, is that a beard or what

if it is a beard, that's disgusting and Gyro can go sit in the bad facial hair corner with Ringo

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Moltrey posted:

Gyro has gold teeth that say GO ! GO ! ZEPPELI

eugh, don't remind me

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the anime thread is taking a break, because it was incredibly bad

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Pink Gappy Pink Gappy Pink Gappy Pink Gappy

Daiya and Aishou look great

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

have Koichi walk to the center of the screen while the egg rolls on from the opposite side

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

you can still have children out of wedlock

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Why does Rohan need your eyes to be open for his power to work again? I thought he just slaps your face open into a book.

its ability only activates when you see it or an image of it

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

SDC's pacing was fine. i don't see how it's feasible to adapt Part 4 well with 9 fewer episodes when the manga is 16% longer

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

dogsicle posted:

i don't like part 2 as much because:
- it's a v limited cast
- other characters get poo poo on so Joseph can save the day
- no Stands

and while 5 is still being retranslated, i'm confident the larger cast (with characters who already had personality in the bad TL) will put it over 2 for me. it really comes down to 5 & 6 having more inventive fights where everybody is given a chance to shine and develop. so ultimately 2 only beats out 1, for me.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Baal posted:

if you don't look pretty in jojo why are you here

to be a villain

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Baal posted:

there are pretty villains

and then there's

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Desperado Bones posted:

My OTP is always young joseph joestar and his two bodybuilding mayan/aztec husbands.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Johnny hating Gyro's jokes is exactly why they are best bros

:yeah:
i mean he supports the dude regardless, it's very deep lovefriendship

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I just love the name changes, specially since you can clearly hear the proper name, so it's just an extra layer of fun due to how copyright laws work. Can't wait for 2019 when we get to see the Avocado Evening fight.

I'd prefer Chartreuse Afternoon

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

Internet nerds get worked up over name changes constantly. There are people complaining that the alt-sub track for Ace Attorney exists because "wtf is this localized trash."

i mean, this one actually seems kinda dumb because the translation shouldn't be beholden to the game's localization. my impression is that it's probably a find-and-replace situation though, and they offer a non-game script so it's ultimately fine.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

anime subtitles seem to usually/mostly be translations, not localizations. so i think things like the script changing ramen to burgers is dumb. at least with pun names you have the precedent of subs localizing idioms or jokes. personally i'd prefer the name being noted and then treated as normal

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

okay, so who's buying a namechange to Jochen Weltjens

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

hoobajoo posted:

Weather is played by Jemaine Clement.

and here i thought he was already the perfect jojo boyfriend

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

so they drove off in Lagoon 2 after the yacht guy gave them a key labeled 1. was this addressed in the manga when the ship-in-a-ship thing was revealed? it seems like a way to hint at something being up immediately but also if 2 is wrapped around 1 then why did the key for 1 work?

it mostly just struck my curiosity, idc if it turns out to be another forgotten detail.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

he really just picked it because he likes Meryl Streep

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's loving weird to me to see them all hang out relatively normally, with the same kind of shittalking you'd hear from Bruno's group.

but yeah it's a net positive addition imo, only downside is it kinda messes up the pacing

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it looks shittier than expected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

finally another good jojo game