Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He just comes out of his coma with SPTW for some reason. He has rad thigh highs. That's about all there is to it.

His time stop has deteriorated to 1 second in DiU too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Aurora posted:

It's already SPTW in Part 4.

I'm pretty sure Araki's artstyle is what changed, not Star Platinum. Jotaro looks a lot prettier and less cylinderhead in Part 6.

It's not. It's very clearly defined in Stone Ocean.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Aurora posted:

Uhhh yeah pretty sure you're just bullshitting at this point. It both doesn't really look that different and can do the same poo poo, so...

What's with the pissbaby attitude, though?

You can disagree all you want, especially when it comes to terms of phrasing and whether or not it's artstyle changes, but no need to be all petulant about it, especially when Araki made an effort to distinguish, regardless of whether or not you like or agree with it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Senor Candle posted:

Dude this is the anime thread don't post spoilers

Is it really spoilers to say Jotaro will win and DIO will be disintegrated by the sun? I mean, they all know there's a lot more JoJo after part 3 and how often do shonens end without the protagonists winning? They technically even win out in Stone Ocean.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's very debatable, for sure, but I'd probably say yes for the most part. He did totally disable DIO and nullify him for 100 years. It's a Pyrrhic victory, perhaps.

e: Pyrrhic victory mind.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

You'll probably not take too long with Part 4 because it's just amazing and hard to put down.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Part 4 is the best because Araki decides to bring out the "HOLY poo poo THEY'RE FLYING" serious business out again for rock paper scissors.
Part 4 is the best because Josuke punches some spaghetti because it's suspicious.
Part 4 is the best because Josuke finds an alien and his first thought is "hahaha let's gently caress with Rohan".
Part 4 is the best because Okuyasu. Also, Kira.

Part 4 also has amazing looking Stands.
Part 4 is the best.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

People were on about it earlier on the page and last.

Stumbled across this composite image showing the Polly and DIO/Diavolo parallel.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

hoobajoo posted:

I love the anime thread. They're adorable.

Yeah, I posted that while thinking about how much of a bastard Joseph is.
The volume releases did make an effort to point that out, which makes it all the more fun.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It just had to be for Part 4 to exist, sadly. I dislike it too, but it's pretty obvious Part 4 is totally post script and other than having another Jotaro story, it was the only way to go.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The thing about Star Platinum is that he just totally bullshits a bunch of random things during the arc, like sucking up Justice and Star Finger.

It'd be quite easy to just assume that Star Platinum is general usage or sort of stretchy.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I was gonna say NEET, but he's trying to make The World better so he is training.

I didn't mean it in reference to VA though, he's just a NEET vampire.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://jojo-animation.com/contents/story/47.html

e:
It's finally happening today.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jun 12, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They've censored lesser injuries before and it's graphic. I hope they don't but I won't be surprised if they do.

2 hours until broadcast and all is revealed.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

watch the OP.

Holy poo poo.
Make sure you watch the OP.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't think this episode was as good as last weeks, or even some of the better other ones, but it is good.

X-Ray is uncensored!

Ends just as DIO goes high. Lipstick confirmed.
The final episode is not called DIO's World 4.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, making it explicitly Nukesaku is an anime thing, but I'd always imagined it was him anyway. He's the most expendable so if DIO wanted to mess him up if it went wrong, who cares, it's just Idiot.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's the rule of cool, but the logical reason is that things in contact with DIO can move in frozen time (unless he decides not to let them I guesss ala Kakyoin'ing Kakyoin).

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

In the current translations at least, doesn't Stone Ocean start playing around with how time-stop works, saying it's not actually stopping time and is a result of the super precision and speed.

I recall some kind of retcon-y nonsense going on there and I'm trying to find it.

e: I can't see it from the time he shows back up to him dying in the coloured scans, so it's either at the start (unlikely) or I read it somewhere else. (most likely).

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jun 12, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Did he survive?
A lot of the earlier enemies straight up die.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nepnep soon, BroJos.

(Yuck)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's the same VA in EoH, which is going to lengths to line up with the anime, so when Part 4 is confirmed next week :pray:, it'll be the same guy.

e: 2 new Vento Aureo translations this week.
http://bato.to/read/_/325919/jojos-bizarre-adventure-part-5-vento-aureo_v51_ch479_by_jojos-colored-adventure
http://bato.to/read/_/326322/jojos-bizarre-adventure-part-5-vento-aureo_v51_ch480_by_jojos-colored-adventure

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jun 13, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Aren't the Rohan Kishibe things just Araki'd up takes on common garden myths?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

50 Shades of Gray trilogy.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

But rather than it being the Mona Lisa, it's every single chapter from "Jotaro meets Josuke 1" onwards.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

The anime thread is going to continue complaining that Joseph isn't the star into Part 4, aren't they?

e: Christ some people are going to call the first half filler

Don't worry.

Some people who read the manga call everything not Kira filler too.

I am looking forward to "Why can't Shining Zirconium heal Joseph young again!?" though.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There is very little filler in Diamond is Unbreakable, really. The stuff that doesn't drive forward the main plot of finding the arrow and then Kira serves to further character development for its cast. Filler would be if nothing appreciable came out the chapter.

Surface, Tonio, Joseph & Shizuka, RPS Kid and Superfly are, in my mind at least, the only parts of the arc what you could cut out and not negatively damage the overall plot and even of those, most of them are significant for character development.

Surface brings in Hazamada, who's there when Rohan is introduced but doesn't do much else. Tonio is largely insignificant, but does go to serve that not absolutely everyone who isn't in the crew who gets a stand has evil intentions with it, Joseph + Shizuka is purely for character development, RPS kid doesn't mean a lot other than to characterise Rohan and Superfly does sort of show what Kira's dad is up to, but it's pretty stand alone. (It's the only part of Part 4 I don't really like too much).

Of those 5 chapters, Tonio, Joseph and RPS kid are all supremely good JoJo too which helps them a lot.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The "I just wanted to look good in front of you" thing at the end of Shizuka's arc is probably the most heart warming thing in all JoJo and justifies it all with ease. I love that so, so much.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't know why Koichi settles for Yukako when Rohan is all over him.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Even Beetle Tendency, as irrelevant as it felt, resulted in the defeat of an enemy and gathering vital information despite the fact that it technically ended with the hero running away like a little wuss.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I still have no idea how this works and it's still the funniest thing. :allears:

Japanese students can make it so their uniforms go transparent enough to sunlight to tan, while remaining visible to passerbys to protect their modesty. Japanese students are a special group of people.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The best thing is that all the poo poo they have Oingo do as Jotaro in the car. Jotaro being the king of party tricks and never letting on is hilarious.

Unless you wanna be wrong and bad and interpret it as them knowing it's not Jotaro all along.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Xibanya, based on your posts in the DBZ thread, would I be mistaken in thinking you can read some Japanese? If you can, this book is going to be awesome for you. http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Hirohiko_Araki%27s_Manga_Technique It's actually pretty cheap if you find a place to buy it too. Only around the same price as a regular tankobon over there.

It's literally about how he goes about drawing his manga.

You could also probably write for days about the artistic evolution Araki undergoes throughout JoJo too.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Jun 16, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

In Araki's how to draw book, there's a picture of the chick from the start of JoJolion with her boobies out with really weird nipples which is gross, and then a super cool naked Gappy without nipples which is less gross.

He is wearing his hat though. I wonder if we'll ever see under it?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

You mention naked Gappy but you don't even say if he has a quad sack?

It doesn't show the nuts. Upper body only.

Stacked or Side by Side is the JoJo question to end them all.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This is a very accurate tumblr post
http://cenavseverything.tumblr.com/post/67847830543/john-cena-vs-diavolo

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

This owns but the writer seems to use 5 moves of doom as a segue into the AA too much. I can't remember the last time Cena actually hit the AA after his 5 moves, it just doesn't happen. I'm questioning how much this guy actually knows about John Cena matches.

The post is a couple of years old in fairness to the author.

I wish it was called RYLAH because there have been actual arguments over whether it's Doobie Wow or Wau.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Roach Warehouse posted:

Jojolion's pretty interesting. Any advances on the theory that Josuke is half Kira/half holy-corpse?

Considering that Karera knew "Secchan" and Jesus is sort of really dead, that theory is kaput.

It's more likely that the corpse having been buried in Morioh at some point created the walleyes, imo.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

New Eyes of Heaven trailer on Saturday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Killer Queen for Kira half ending. Bites the Dust for the final fight. Build me up Buttercup for the first half.