Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Exercu posted:

Yeah well, Johnny is kind of lame.
His legs sure are, that's for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Josuke's mom once slammed a guy's face on a car door and broke his teeth. That is how we're introduced to her.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jun 3, 2015

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I distinctly remember a bit where Fugo staples Mista's skin back together before Giorno's healing ability had been established and Mista was just "drat, this is a cool looking scar!" Part 5 had a pretty good supporting cast now that I think more about it.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Because Josuke getting his values and selfless nature from himself saving his own life rather than a strangeR doing a selfless act that would go on to affect Josuke's outlook on life is way lamer.

Hell, it's possible that act is what caused Josuke's Stand power to manifest in the way it did. Josuke's Stand was trying to manifest at the time and that stranger's kindness might have influenced it's growth in favor of being a healing Stand. Or I'm just totally reading into it way too much.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Morioh is a town with a Golden Spirit and the random stranger fits that. This town is full of people that end up using their powerful abilities for good aside from the occasional scamming to get mad cash. Anyone who's not good meets a fate worse than death at the hand of Josuke and all the cool guys become best friends with him. Then this ultimate shitbag who uses his ability to kill women and take their hands shows up is awful and should totally be killed cause gently caress that guy, we don't want this dick in OUR cool town.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I can't watch this episode right now so I just have headphones in and am looping that webm that was posted in the anime thread and holy gently caress

They somehow made a cooler time stop effect than a racecar noise

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I was about to say Kira didn't kill any named characters aside from some weird middle schooler, but then I remember when he strode into Cinderella's, got a new face and blew the gently caress outta that place.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Okay wow, yeah Kira was way more menacing than I gave him credit for. Which is neat, because he's just an insane salaryman with a pink kitty Stand and not a hundred year old vampire with big ol yellow diver Stand.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Bad Seafood posted:

I actually think one of the reasons Kira works so well as an antagonist is because of how he contrasts Dio, cause let's face it: a lot of the series lies in Dio Brando's shadow. It would've been easy to just do Dio 2.0, though I think that also would've set people up for disappointment. Diavolo always felt to me like a weak attempt to get the Dio train going again, and I can't say I'e ever been that satisfied with his performance as a villain. Kira, meanwhile, is functionally Dio's opposite. Quiet, unambitious, unassuming, neurotic, reclusive, subdued, prone to panic. Dio wanted everything, Kira wanted nothing.

Well, almost nothing.

It's a drastic step away from the Dio mold, and well-suited to a small town like Morioh.
I worry for some people, Kira's gonna feel like a weird villain coming hot off of DIO, but you're right that he is such a perfect villain for Part 4. He's not some ancient evil with massive goals, he's a salesman with multiple mental disorders who has been killing since he was in high school. Kira's a more human antagonist which fits Part 4's smaller story scope perfectly. His introduction after the fight with Rohan is great, our protagonist don't meet him at all, but we see Kira returning home with a severed hand and that's really needed to establish him as a threat.

I so hope David does what people in this thread said of including Kira in the background of one or two scenes. A five second scene of Josuke bumping into a guy with a St. Gentleman Sandwich bag early on would just be super neat to me, establishing the villian as just some random otherwise normal looking guy we've seen a couple times before.

Part 4 is just so goddamn good, jesus.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Broseph Brostar posted:

Pretty sure he succeeded in looking cool

He did succeed in looking cool because he turned his teeth into jellyfish to absorb the piss and that was very cool. Giorno is super boring, but his ability to turn his body parts into animals was rad.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I wish Josuke and Joseph got more screentime together, but it's really nice how mature Josuke was about Joseph for the most part. Stuff like how he felt like he was to blame for the conflict between Joseph and Suzy Q and how knew his mom couldn't handle seeing Joseph again. :unsmith:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
JoJo is a very cool manga where all of these very cool things happen. JoJo is very good.

e: My favorite goofy Part 5 thing was Bruno walking into airport, strolling up to some employee, telling the guy he's here to steal an airplane and then asking where they're parked

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jun 10, 2015

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Fugo needs a stress ball or something.
I love that Purple Haze Feedback explored the concept of Fugo's quick temper and how that influenced Purple Haze's appearance. The book has some interesting bits where it talks about how Stand User's psyche affect their Stand. I can't remember the specifics, but I remember something like about how Stands like Bad Company and Harvest mean that User has a more scattered and not quite put together attitude.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Part of me is honestly more excited for the hopes of a Part 4 teaser than seeing the finale of Part 3.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Josuke in ASB was the manliest sounding fifteen year old.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Bad Seafood posted:

[*]Let's Go Out for Italian!
[*]Let's Go Visit the Mangaka's House! (1)
[*]Let's Go Hunting!
[*]Rohan Kishibe's Bizarre Adventure
[*]Rock, Paper, Scissors! (1)
[*]I Am An Alien (1)
[*]My Dad is Not My Dad
Thanks for reminding me that Part 4 has some really good chapter titles.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Enourmo posted:

People are talking about a part 4 "teaser" in today's episode, what are they talking about? I didn't catch anything, unless they meant the picture (which has been around since the beginning of egypt sooo).
Somewhere between the fight with Vanilla Ice and beginning of DIO, the Stand Bow and Arrow are hanging on the wall in the mansion.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Because in terms of heavy things that DIO could've dropped on Jotaro, a road roller is just way funnier. It just comes out of nowhere.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Aurain posted:

He spends 9 seconds in DIO time™ looking for big heavy things to drop before settling for the road roller. Just picture that process.

Settling or seeing and thinking "yes. this is the best thing ever".
Not a car or a truck that would do the job fine, nah. A loving road roller that weighs around 20 tons, yeah that'll work.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jun 19, 2015

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Dragonatrix posted:

Speaking of which, goddrat was Angelo's defeat really loving dark. Josuke can do some real hosed up stuff with Crazy Diamond if he sets his mind to it.
Josuke's my favorite JoJo because he's a real nice kid who will be your friend, unless you're a murderer or a dick, then he'll kick your rear end. Josuke Higashikata, killing 'em with kindness.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

hatty posted:

This has always seemed like a cool layout to me
I love that they used this for Diavolo's stage entrance in ASB.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

a cartoon duck posted:

Did Abaccio or however you spell his name even do anything aside from early on on that boat and late on when uncovering the Passione leader's identity? I don't remember "can rewatch scenes as re-enacted by my stand" ending up useful most of the time.
He uses it to pilot the plane in the Notorious B.I.G chapter. It even puts on a pilots hat and headset.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I have a question about part 4. It's very good and all, but I noticed that Tamami and Hazamada have shrunk for some reason. I know they were normal person sized before when they were a threat, but now they are barely taller than Koichi. Why is that?
Best explanation I've seen is that they were so humbled by losing, they shrunk three feet. It's just a weird, goofy visual

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
If Part 6's first ED isn't a Riot Girl/punk song, then I'm gonna be sad

That image of the Surface fight in the anime thread seems to good to be true, but god if it didn't get me hyped.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Jun 27, 2015

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Jolyne is what happened when Araki looked at that scene in Part 4 where Josuke drives a motorcycle through a hospital window and into an elevator and decided to make a JoJo that just does that kind of poo poo all the time.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Meanwhile, Joseph's son is an upstanding high school freshman who spends time hanging out with weird middle schoolers and even beats up attempted rapists. Good going, Josuke!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I bet Holly was real stoked to find out she had a brother thirty years her younger. A great role model for her cold son.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

CodfishCartographer posted:

A Whole Lotta Words
So what you're telling me is...Part 7 loving rules.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
My favorite thing about Annasui is how after he finishes showing off his Stand by using to kick a guard's teeth out, he poses with it and says "Celebrate us."

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
President Funny Valentine of the United States is my favorite thing in Steel Ball Run.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Normie Slayer posted:

President Funny Valentine of the United States of Valentine, you mean.
I forgot about that and his 91% approval rating as well as his skill at shotgunning beers.

Valentine 2016

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
That scene near the end of Stardust Crusaders where Jotaro, Kakyoin and Joseph bust through a wall and pose to save Polnareff, but it's Josuke, Giorno and Joseph at Cape Canaveral instead.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I'm not a huge fan of Pucci, but that final fight is real good. Pucci starts turning Jolyne inside out so Jolyne counters that by turning herself into a Mobius strip and that's like the coolest thing ever.

Also Do Not Skip JoJo Parts

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Jobin is a just a friendly guy who likes to lick eyeballs, I don't know what's so menacing about him.

We haven't seen Hato's Stand yet and I really hope it's like the King Crimson of this universe, just stupidly over powered.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Just got my copy of JoJonium Volume 3 and I'm glad Araki's answering the real questions.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Silver2195 posted:

I've been rereading Part 4, and I've noticed two odd things:

• Between Okuyasu, Kobayashi, Hazamada, Yukako, and Rohan, the protagonists are remarkably quick to forgive people for attempted murder.
This one is sorta explained by Josuke and just about everyone in Morioh being really nice people. Josuke's whole thing is that he has a kind heart that's reflected in Crazy Diamond's appearance and ability. Rather than be like his nephew who murders anyone who deserves it, Josuke forgives people who show almost any amount of humanity and they become Cool Pals and the kindness Josuke showed them gets passed on, creating the Golden Spirit we hear about Morioh. People that are terrible pieces of poo poo get turned into rocks for dogs to poo poo next to or books in the depths of a library.

Josuke's nice like that :v:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Official or not, Kira's tie is my favorite piece of JoJo merchandise

e: I cannot find any good full pictures of this thing, jesus.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Figures are a huge money sink cause I want them all and that's just a terrible idea, but I caved and bought a Statue Legend Crazy Diamond figure and it's amazing.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Superstring posted:

1. Holly Kujo
2. Jotaro's Mom
3. Joseph's Daughter
4. Seiko Kujo
5. Holy Joestar
Agreed. This may sound a bit awkward, but if I were to ever fall in love, I'd like it to be with someone like her.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Aug 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Aurain posted:

I'm pretty sure you're the odd one in this scenario if you find a problem in this.

Yeah, if you didn't have a creepy stalker in high school that you ended up dating for a bit, then I dunno what to say to you.

standard owl posted:

Yeah but have you seen his face? his bank account??
If this is all you want, you might as well date a true gentleman like Speedwagon.

I'd date Speedwagon but I know he can do better.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Aug 11, 2015