Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
they're all poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
arguably the one you are most familiar with is likely the be the one you for easiest to use and most powerful and least get in your way

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
on linux u can have different window managers on the same os. like i have gnome 3 and kde installed on my uubntu compy so i cn switch the feel of the os around whenever i want. same files, prograns, etc. its loving ftw as hell

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
u can change it at the login screen. its as simple as changing a winamp skin back in the day my freiend.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

i care very deeply about which os you use, op
i want you to make the correct computer decisions

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
at the end of the day I only ask "can I post from YOSPOS" with it and "can I change the volume it's too loud"
everything else is like arguing over cake decoration when the reality is that someone shat in the baking mix of the cake itself so

Wells
Sep 21, 2008

THIS IS A BIZ!!!
Lipstick Apathy

Ludwig van Halen posted:

i care very deeply about which os you use, op
i want you to make the correct computer decisions

the only winning move is not to play

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Wells posted:

the only winning move is not to play

Skarp
Sep 27, 2013

echinopsis posted:

at the end of the day I only ask "can I post from YOSPOS" with it and "can I change the volume it's too loud"
everything else is like arguing over cake decoration when the reality is that someone shat in the baking mix of the cake itself so

u cant change the volume on linus no driver

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru
agnOStic

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Smythe posted:

u can change it at the login screen. its as simple as changing a winamp skin back in the day my freiend.

What do you mean back in the day

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

wrong op

templeOS is clearly the best and if you dont use you will quite literally burn in hell

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
DOS Shell ftw

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
I don't care as long at it isn't windows

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

I don't care as long at it isn't windows

windows really is bad. osx ftw

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
Windows is OK as long as you're launching into steam/gog that is the use case for Windows

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
a little bit too muck fuckage is being given by you guys. people will think you care

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

woah we got a badass over here

pram
Jun 10, 2001
echi have you tried a career in byob with your other mate

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it's unfamiliar and new to me

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

pram posted:

echi have you tried a career in byob with your other mate

haha

ice cold

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

echinopsis posted:

a little bit too muck fuckage is being given by you guys. people will think you care

i care about you, echi

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
caring about people is all this world has to offer , substituting operating systems makes for a loney, sad lifestyle but is a prereq for being a forums superstar

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
i slam boot the linux iso into the drive

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

echinopsis posted:

caring about people is all this world has to offer , substituting operating systems makes for a loney, sad lifestyle but is a prereq for being a forums superstar

i care about people so i dont want to see them use POS OSes with their lkimited time on this mortal colil

Bokito
Jul 25, 2007
Going Ape

Smythe posted:

on linux u can have different window managers on the same os. like i have gnome 3 and kde installed on my uubntu compy so i cn switch the feel of the os around whenever i want. same files, prograns, etc. its loving ftw as hell

Hmm, yes, shall I have a poop sandwich for lunch, or a poo poo sandwich? Choices choices!

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I used a mbp this year in school and just didn't like it. The most infuriating thing was it not having a properly working file browser

pram
Jun 10, 2001
entry level shaggering

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
has shaggar ever actually used mac os x though?

pram
Jun 10, 2001
yes his company has some retarded setup of a bunch of ancient imacs running snow leopard and he bases all his perception on this

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Bokito posted:

Hmm, yes, shall I have a poop sandwich for lunch, or a poo poo sandwich? Choices choices!

Nice poop joke you loving simpleton

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Valeyard posted:

I used a mbp this year in school and just didn't like it. The most infuriating thing was it not having a properly working file browser

The file browser is indeed the worst part of osx. Fortunately midnight commander is perfect

Bokito
Jul 25, 2007
Going Ape

Smythe posted:

Nice poop joke you loving simpleton

Its the best (and only) way to accurately describe Linux

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Bokito posted:

Here's a hint: Linux owns, and you freakin suck.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

url posted:

agnOStic

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Bokito posted:

:eyepop: :pwn:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pram posted:

yes his company has some retarded setup of a bunch of ancient imacs running snow leopard and he bases all his perception on this

snow leopard is the most advanced operating system in the world

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

power botton posted:

i care about people so i dont want to see them use POS OSes with their lkimited time on this mortal colil

so recommendation - dont use a computer?

pram
Jun 10, 2001
true ca. 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I'm still running snow leopard on my macbook

• Locked thread