Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Deceitful Penguin posted:

No, Bethesda hosed up enemy health levels in survival something fierce, or rather they didn't bother readjusting the whole game to a difficulty level that was tacked on after the fact.

Thems the breaks I suppose

Well gently caress that then, I'm switching back for now. Got some other mods to fiddle with though!

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Nov 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kaptain K posted:

Are the loot tables or enemy spawns connected to main story progression? I'm doing a playthrough now where I pretty much neglected the main story and I'm around level 55 and I've noticed there hasn't been a single random deathclaw spawn and none of the regular enemies have the best weapons like gauss rifles.

Am I paranoid or what?

I have never seen a laser gatling drop before, and that includes beating the game, so I guess they're just extra rare.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The moment I met Kellogg, I said gently caress You and shot him with a mini-nuke.

Then I reloaded because a synth ran into the nuke in mid-air, and did it again, aiming to the left this time. :v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I always enjoy using the tiny silenced pistol with power armor because your giant ham-finger couldn't possibly pull the trigger. :v:

Ofaloaf posted:

So I got a-thinkin'. Remember that ARG from... 3(?) years back? It was some Fallout website with an embedded Van Dyke Parks song, with a bunch of coded stuff about an 'Institute' and a vault in Boston. It turned out to be a hoax, but at least a few elements from it seem to have been spot-on, like the sealed-off Institute with creepy humanoid dudes walking around and the Boston location. Was that actually just some guy pulling an elaborate hoax, or Bethesda testing to see what kind of response the FO4 setting might get?

The Institute and the replicants were in FO3 (briefly) and the big hint about 4, so probably just a really good educated guess.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Speaking of which I installed a few more mods, alternate starts, salvage beacons so I can dump stuff off if I want, campfires/new settlements where I want (but because of the game map I can't scrap stuff there), some other settlement stuff, and turned off the survival mod I had because even with that turning some stuff off survival is just tedious. Starting in X-01 armor with a minigun at level 1 next to a bunch of super mutants is a rough start! Fun though. I set a settlement at Breakheart Banks after clearing them out and the X-01 is broken, I have no minigun ammo (and scrapped it to make the settlement), and I'm planning next steps. I'm glad mods are in a good place in FO4 now.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 21:07 on May 20, 2017

• Locked thread