Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i've said it before in this thread, but the whole liberty prime section bugged out like 5 times for me, forcing me to restart it repeatedly because this dumb as poo poo robot kept going into the ocean or decided to just stop moving. gently caress liberty prime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Truecon420 posted:

I for one can not wait for Todd Howard to read this thread and immediately excuse himself from game production for the rest of time. This thread is EXACTLY the "kind of stuff" that makes people retire....

But really, has the dialogue wheel in its current iteration been confirmed for P.C. as well? I mean even the spacial placement of the options is just a mapping of a controller's ab/yx squarecircle/whatever so surely they'd at least change that for P.C, right? Right???

haha hahahahahahahaha

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

GhostBoy posted:

In so far as the conversation ending if you walk your character far enough way (you can still move about while in conversation mode), and that you can just never start a conversation, but pull out a gun and shoot the person in the head, yes. There are not "Walk Away" and "Shoot them in the head" conversation options directly.

Wife has fallen Unconscious!

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

all the gunplay they showed were cuts of vats kills or short 5 second clips of shooting at people running towards them/standing still. i'm hoping they've improved the shooting but they haven't released any videos that makes it look any better than fo3/nv.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

JackBadass posted:

I just hope they have a few guns that don't look like this. So far, I haven't seen any.

yeah, i really dislike the way the assault rifle looks. the new 10mm pistol looks neat though.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

7c Nickel posted:

Yeah, the only time that it really felt like they nailed it that I remember was with the slave girl. You have the option of freeing her or handing her a knife and telling her to take her destiny into her own hands and shank the slaver.

if i remember right, if you have her kill the slaver to gain her freedom she goes evil and crazy not even 10 seconds after.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Flaky posted:

See this is the kind of writing that is simply beyond Bethesda. The problem is a karma system treats the player like an idiot - do good thing get good outcome *beep boop* guaranteed every time. Removes all possibility or motive for interesting writing. Each karma check is a wasted story-telling opportunity. Which is why it exists in the first place - to make the game easier to write and hence cheaper to produce.

the having her kill the slaver was the evil option. you can just free her and she leaves not crazy and evil and her mom thanks you.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Shugojin posted:

But play the Companions questline and endure random guards asking you about the fur in your ears forever regardless of whether you're still a werewolf or not!!!

*is leader of the companions decked out in daedric armor*

i hear you're the new companion, what do you do, fetch mead????

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i wish bitter drink wasn't locked behind lonesome road because that poo poo was super useful for a dude with high survival.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

wasnt that poo poo scrapped pretty early? like barely a few months in development before they went "alright lets focus on other stuff instead."

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

the courier probably doesn't remember the divide because he never actually entered the town proper, just the ncr outpost where they dropped poo poo off on occasion. it was just a hole in the wall that suddenly became impossible to pass at some point and they didn't really think much of it afterwards.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Alain Post posted:

I kinda figured it was just one out of a shitload of delivery jobs they did in their careers up to that point and they wouldn't necessarily remember every single one. There's probably no explicit answer.

probably.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i think one of the brain jars tells you, that you having a shot up brain confused the lobotobot and it ended up removing the brain instead of slicing it up. but its been a long time since i played owb so i might be misremembering.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

JackBadass posted:

Haha, still on the wiki page and holy crap the writing is hilariously bad for some of this crap.

"You rule/look kind of familiar/suck! Here's the highest honor we can bestow upon you."

hm yes....

"It was not until the end of this long road that the Lone Wanderer was faced with that greatest of virtues – sacrifice, but the child refused to follow the father's selfless example, instead, allowing a true hero to venture into irradiated control chamber of project purity.Icon sound trigger" -- Send Sergeant RL-3 into the control room. Can only be done with Broken Steel installed.

"It was not until the end of this long road that the Lone Wanderer was faced with that greatest of virtues – sacrifice, but the child refused to follow the father's selfless example, instead, allowing a true hero to venture into irradiated control chamber of project purity.Icon sound trigger" -- Send Charon into the control room. Same as above.

"It was not until the end of this long road that the Lone Wanderer was faced with that greatest of virtues – sacrifice, but the child refused to follow the father's selfless example, instead, allowing a true hero to venture into irradiated control chamber of project purity.Icon sound trigger" -- Send Fawkes into the control room. Same as above.

or

"The Capital Wasteland proved a cruel inhospitable place, but the Lone Wanderer refused to surrender to the vices that had claimed so many others. The values passed on from father to child – selflessness, compassion, honor – guided this noble soul through countless trials and triumphs." -- Good Karma

"The Capital Wasteland proved a cruel inhospitable place, and the Lone Wanderer ultimately surrendered to the vices that had claimed so many others – selfishness, greed, cruelty. These were the values that guided a lost soul through countless trials and triumphs." -- Bad Karma

"The Capital Wasteland proved a cruel and inhospitable place." -- Neutral Karma

i like the neutral karma cause they're just like gently caress it.

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Aug 9, 2015

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

except that if you killed everyone at forlorn hope or the ranger stations you can't do the ncr quests anymore???

man its like karma and reputation are two separate things.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

frajaq posted:

alright lets guess what the gently caress does this perk means

what the hecks wrong with his face

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i hope nerd rage is worth a drat if its so high up.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

"Two thumbs down, you son of a bitch." - Boone, 2281

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

wait i thought the game could be vpn unlocked at 8am est, but other people in the thread are saying it can be earlier? when is the actual time?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i tried using this and setting the vpn to new zealand and reset steam to see if the store pages unlock went down but it still said tuesday.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Scoss posted:

You need to set your server download region to NZ (download settings) as well as your store region in your account details (click your username in the top right)

cool. thanks.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Bholder posted:

It's way too much hassle just for being impatient.

oh boy clicking on 2 buttons sure is a hassle....

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

im pretty short on time this week for playing videogames so being able to play it early is cool.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

Wow, that's awful.

why does a crank powered rifle use energy ammo.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Roobanguy posted:

cool. thanks.

wait im dumb

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Nov 8, 2015

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

TwatHammer posted:

Curious to how much sooner it would be unlocked through a vpn aside from waiting. I mean if there isn't much difference in wait i'll probably end up waiting.

its like 15 hours.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

guys nothings changed. its still releasing the exact same time as what we thought before, ie 8am est.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Fergus posted:

Awesome, cheers mate.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

great vypr isnt working for me anymore :/

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Bardeh posted:

I've managed to connect to the NZ VyprVPN server, but the game still just sits there and won't decrypt. :sigh:

if you havent already, go to steams account settings and switch shop regions to new zealand/austrailia.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

is anyone else having trouble with the crosshairs/iron sites not aligning with each other? its weird because the bullets hit where the iron sites are aiming even though they're like half an inch to the right of the center of the screen.

e:nm restarting the game fixed it.

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Nov 10, 2015

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Cthulhuite posted:

Did you gently caress with the FOV settings? That seems to shift the UI all over the place so the crosshairs would be off centre.

that was probably it.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i wish gasmasks didnt take up helmet slots

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

combat armor is way to white, its so ugly on basically everything.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

Can't you paint it?

you can paint things??

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Zeron posted:

He showed up for me when I put down a dog house. Also settlement stuff breaks the game in half, I've made Sanctuary a water/glue production factory that gives me hundreds of purified water a day and has made adhesive not an issue for me. Rank 1 of science unlocks a industrial water purifier that is absolutely insane.

Edit:
Also this submachine gun is insane, if an ammo guzzler

yeah, i just found that smg too, its loving ridiculous.

super easy to cripple yourself with it though haha.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

god why the gently caress are the companions in this so loving stupid.

"lets run right in front of a the guy shooting a missle launcher :downs:"

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

does anyone know if there are stronger pistols than the .44? or something that by default uses .50?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

Mod the rifle for .50 caliber and put a pistol grip on it? Stronger than that probably not, have to look for legendary drops.

thats a bummer. i wish there were more guns in this game.

• Locked thread