Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

what a loving nerd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

What if the main playable character is actually THE DOG :eek:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Man, skyrim 2 is gonna be sooooo good

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

important question: how soon will the giant floppy dongs mod be coming out? I dont want my immersion experience ruined by lack of veiny rendered schlong.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I like how you can recreate Trevor from gtav in the character creator.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

projecthalaxy posted:

It does! Three each of Corn, Mutfruit, and Tato, one water equals 5 adhesive.

:whatup:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Is there any way to enable the free camera in 3rd persone mode on the Xbone?

Also, wtf dogmeat stop alerting the enemy when im trying to duckwalk through the wastelands you mangy gently caress.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

when a location on the map says [cleared], can you start building on that area or is it just telling you its safe from enemies so you can gently caress off and never come back Scavver.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

please dont disparage dogmeat, he's a good boy, yes he IS a good boy :3:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

does unarmed power armor punches do more damage than not atmored?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

JoshTheStampede posted:

I scrapped the sanctuary doghouse assuming I could make one at red rocket but I don't think yo can.

I counted at least two more in neighbors backyards

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Fallout 4: gently caress u dogmeta u suck ok youre kind of alright

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I pthought this game was about headshotting raider scum, desperately searching for screws, and stealing bobby pins out of npc's pockets, not rape and 50's style misogynist :shrug:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

does anyone have a pic of that map that shows the enemy difficulty scale by heat signature?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Broken Cog posted:

Anyone know what the different personality modules for the protectrons actually do? I usually just set them to Law Enforcement, since that seem to ensure they attack anyone but me.

Apparently, all the personalitys just change what they say during their patrol, except for The subway attendant, who demands to see your token.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

My one major gripe is that you can't just build anywhere you want.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

can one you nerds mod in a giant rideable Giddyup Buttercup armed with plasma death ray eyes? tia

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Can you no longer heal individual limbs and whatnot in the pipboy or am I missing something? playing on xbone.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Started a new game as Mom Of The Year, and now dogmeat no longer grabs the cryo-gun for me in vault 111 :wtc:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I walked into Hubris Comics, at about level 8, to get that sweet sweet loot and experienced my first taste of that evil red eyed monkey bastard. Even with Grognaks Axe and a headful of psychojet, I got my poo poo pushed in by a glowing one who decided to completely sidestep my bottlecap mine and punch my head in. :3:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

noob question: whats a safe minimum level to take on Corvega? My newest reroll is at level 7.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Wow, Preston is complete poo poo as a companion. Thanks for the minuteman outfit, I guess. Codsworth is cool though. Ol' Cods helped me clear out Corvega without a hitch and I never had to worry about him missing EVERY SINGLE loving SHOT like Preston because chainsaw hands and flamethrowers dont miss :colbert:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

RBA Starblade posted:

I can confirm that a pipe rifle with a ~50 round mag set to auto just fucks everything.

I gotta say, even without the auto option, a 50 round mag pipe rifle with something as basic as a hardened receiver and stock sights chews through most of the leveled mobs I've encountered. Its a shame the pipe guns' sight options are complete poo poo.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

same

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

HOLY poo poo starting a new character off on with maxed out SPECIAL using the dogmeat item dupe is bonkers.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

http://youtu.be/jm-EpWFVKUI

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

evilmiera posted:

Does that only work if you use it on the book before you pick it up the first time?

Nope. You can pick it up before getting dogmeat and have it in your inventory before trying to dupe it.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Oh, and it seems like Grognak's Axe is a straight upgrade from the Shishkebab. It even lops off limbs/arms mid-VATS so ghouls et al end up looking like the Black Knight from Monty Python's Holy Grail after a few swings.

Its even better if you have Blitz unlocked as a perk. You become a teleporting melee death machine.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Johnny Truant posted:

So I found some settlement called the Pillars of the Community, and when they demanded I hand over everything I have, I intimidated the leader into backing down... and then murdered him and his entire group. Good idea? Bad idea? No idea. But I'll be damned if it wasn't a fun idea.
Congratulations, you just killed Scientology.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Fun rng anecdote: This afternoon I quickly made a new character to test something, had it on normal difficulty. Leave the vault, high five Codsworth, then bypass Concord to trek out to the diner to save whats-her-face's broke as poo poo junkie son. So after getting distracted by whatever, my level 3 dude see's Trashcan Carla sitting in the middle of the road next to a billboard, perpetually smoking her cigarette. I initiate conversation with her, and just as it cuts to that camera angle right before your speech options open up a loving rogue legendary Mister Handy appears from nowhere and gatling guns me and Dogmeat to death in about 10 seconds.

I haven't ever seen one in that area before, and I doubt it'll show up again. I just wish I knew what gun that robotic sumbitch was packing.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Whoa whoa whoa how do you german suplex fools?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Fereydun posted:

it's a sneak attack kill animation. it's the more rare of the two, the other being a neck snap
all weapons got 'em, though most of them have a single shared one which is boring as poo poo and one unique one which is good
i think you gotta be in third person to do 'em and the takedown attacks (mash weapon bash/strong attack- you just wanna hit it during the middle of your attack animation) too

Huh, pretty cool. I've only had the first person head attack with a melee weapon, where you sort of judo throw a raider to the ground then snap their neck. Also the standard gun bash to the face a couple times.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Is there a way to lock an item in your inventory so that if its junk, it doesn't get stored after hitting 'store all'?

Really getting tired of having to pull out of the workshop my prewar money and those gold bars bsck into my inventory everytime i go to drop off some goddamn desk fans and tin cans.

Also, shouldn't prewar money be worthless? Dont get me wrong, its great in-game for buying cool poo poo, but you're ruining my immersion Bethesda!

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

this game is great because it gives you a walking tank AND a bunch of gold bars to sell so you can buy a unique legendary almost pretty much right away :woof:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

whats a good set up for Ol' Faithful? better as a sniper rifle or full auto death cannon?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

re: John/Jane Fallout hitting on companions even though your spouse was murdered in front of you

I just play it out as if your character and spouse were swingers before the bombs fell. :shrug: Immersion saved.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I doubt I'll switch from Chao's Revenge but I've yet to find a super sledge. Is there an easy way to find one?

You can always buy one from the wandering weapons merchant chick who usually hangs around the entrance to Diamond City. Cricket is her name.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Good god Spray n Pray is some OP gamebreaking poo poo in the early parts of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Zephyrine posted:

Meanwhile does anyone else find Raider taunts hilarious?

My current lol moment was I stumbled into a Raider nest a floor above mebin a burned out apartment building somewhere in the city, and one of them was constantly talking poo poo as they took potshots at me from above. He said something along the lines of "Give up, we got you surrounded man! You got nothin', punk!" and so on. Just a steady stream of poo poo talk I hadn't heard coming from one raidef before. Two of guys run down the flight of stairs as I start walking up to kill them, and as I unleash Spray n Pray on his two butt buddies, the only raider who's left just stops in mid sentence of poo poo talking and says "Uh, nevermind. I was just kidding..." seeing his friends get ripped apart and John Fallout walking up the stairs like :unsmigghh:

Raiders are pretty cool guys.

• Locked thread