Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

AlternateAccount posted:

Also I wish Bethesda would acknowledge that their implementation of VATS in a 3rd person FPS is loving dumb and doesn't work and needs a pretty serious rethink. OH LOL I SHOT HIM IN THE DICK LOOOOLLLLL

playing the bethesda fallout/new vegas in third person is extremely indicative of systemic brain damage imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

instead of a wrist pip boy, a boot pip boy. look down and pip boy is staring up from your toes

stealth movement no longer possible

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

can i use the discount on mods

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i have recently been playing through fo3 and nv and while nv has cool improvements that I missed going through 3 i somehow managed, through pure force of will that apparently borders on herculean for some folks, enjoyed playing both video games

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

SKELETON GHOST posted:

I like to play video games

That's why I play video games

Thanks

hmmm... suspicious

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i ran into one randomly and trained it to a nearby vertibird. good fight

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Sylink posted:

Destroying the Institute makes no sense for anyone.If anything the BoS should confiscate it because they want the tech. The railroad would want the tech in some form to free synths/work on them.

fortunately my character was a revenge driven hardass so it made perfect sense but yeah the fact nobody stops to say hmmmm we could use this is dumb

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Magmarashi posted:

an item that might have some personal value to you but seem useless to anyone else.

whenever i kill a ghoul and I find some useless garbage like an oven mitt on its corpse I just assume that it's some special momento that has great significant meaning to them and their last moments spent before going feral was clutching that item as their mind slowly decays into madness

then i scrap it so i can make a disco ball for my bar at sanctuary

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Azhais posted:

The boneyard seems like an odd setting. The lore has it as being a mostly stable financial core of the NCR. It still has mutant problems being ground zero for the Master, but just seems like a far more... built up... area than the rest of the games. Should do something in Chicago or Houston or one of the Canadian territories. Fallout: Toronto

i would not say no to a fallout set within the ncr. i would love to see a post apocalyptic society that has moved beyond subsistence to regional power, no longer huddling in the ruins of what was and building new cities.

and lots of political intrigue. time for vault city to show these wasters who is really in charge

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

There really isn't much room for role playing because you're role is canned. You're either a lawyer or veteran whose looking for your son. :shrug:

At least in New Vegas you could role play whatever the gently caress before you wound up in a shallow grave with a moonroof in your dome piece.

didnt they retcon your character to being some ncr courier who created the divide?

ive decided that the sole survivors are both war criminals. male ss participated in the annexation of canada. the guy in power suit who executed the canadian in tne street in the first fallout intro is totally him. the female ss helped to organize the show trials that shipped chinese americans into internment camps including the one in big mt where they were used as human experiments. dlc will be a band of vengeful ghouls from pre war days hunti g you down, israeli nazi hunters style

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i don't see the brotherhood being so hard-nosed about the institute as nonsensical. this bos seems super reactionary. even the mojave brotherhood led by mcnamarra who seems relatively mild won't adopt patently obvious beneficial technologies even at the cost of their own existence.

the railroad maybe not so much, but maybe they just don't want to take any chances.

either way i kind of like that you don't get to speech check any of the factions to compromise. they're all zealots in their own way, with their own agendas and they won't be steered from that. it's still bad that you don't get to investigate or contradict their stances, and the story is still pretty bad... but i like that the brotherhood went back to being jerks instead of saviors of the capital wasteland. never did trust them with the water purifier. probably would have enacted president eden's plan if they knew about it. by the time fo4 happens they're probably thirsting out the settlements that don't toe the line/aren't sufficiently human.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

the old world blues patch fixed a ton of stability issues on PC

the console versions still were pretty bad though since the engine is insistent on keeping a lot of poo poo into memory even when it shouldn't (rope kid went on about this a few times when asked about the ps3 port in particular)

there was an old world blues stability patch? cuz i played it on pc earlier this year and owb in particular was a dice roll whether or not fast travelling would end in a boot to desktop.

the rest of nv was relatively stable, though thats with third party mods that created redundant saves and fixed crash issues.

fo3, which i did not use mods with, would crash if i looked at the wrong place.

fo4 has been solid in comparison, i could count t crashes on one hand i think like

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

can npcs use the elevators?

why do i care.

it's not like it matters if i block them off from their beds

why do i care about this.

christ

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

gasman posted:

They can't. And it really annoys me, and it annoys me that it annoys me.

yeah

but i like that i can put scaffolds under my structures so they dont look like physics defying bullshit

and it bugs me that i like that

this is complicated

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i turned the mechanist's lair into an underground hive settlement with lots of scaffolding pieces. this is completely safe. the mechanist's social anxiety notwithstanding her bunker is now home to 14 lucky(?) people who will never see the light of day. i sealed off the more objectionable entrances but you can still walk out to the brain extraction facility and look upon rows upon rows of horrific experiments. location is everything!

i wanted to decorate it more but i hit the item limit pretty much the moment i finished lighting the place

Mr. Pumroy fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jun 26, 2016

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i finished building my own little space for me at red rocket. i think this is the first thing i made that i'm really happy with. i'm not finished lighting it the way i'd like but i like it.

just in case anyone misses the large red rocket, i provided a handy sign that says "red rocket." i think it gets the point across

the front yard is a nice place to chill, with picket fences, a mutfruit orchard, and around the corner an outhouse and a shed for my fusion generator. the picket fence pretty much fit perfectly with the shed and the side entrance of the gas station, which i am pitiably happy about. this is a load bearing gas station, right? because at the top of those blue stairs is my three story home.

the first story is the armor and trophy room, where i display the bodies and the clothing of my kills. a courser uniform, a bos uniform and maxson's jacket shows that i chumped the bos and the institute. rip in my musuem

all the armor sets in the game are here in the trophy room

i killed so many loving raiders to complete the heavy raider armor set. also synth armor is goddamn bad looking. there's room for display cases and weapon displays. plan to populate it with weapons of note, once i remember which settlement workshop i dumped those in

on to the second story. it's the wasteland, and law is a memory. that means i can wallpaper the exterior of my house with modern art to make it look pretty. i'm a goddamn general

second story is smaller and dedicated to my modest power armor collection. i've got three sets of x01 armor that aren't here. figured they deserve something more prominent but haven't figured it out. in the left corner is a nice curving exit to a patio. the curved floor and wall piece from the concrete set is cool.

third story, my room. in this corner is a display of all the weapons that saw me through the game back when enemies were an actual threat and the possibility that i'd be challenged by content existed. i'm level 116 now and nothing matters anymore. the power fist is the one from swan. good memories with that power fist

i wake up from bed and go straight to the computer where i play red menace. finally, art imitates life. i dumped all my holotapes into that footlocker on the table. at least the holotapes i could. it's really annoying that some of them are tagged as quest items and can't be removed from your person long after the quest was relevant

i'm a general. never actually used laser muskets, but wtf it's the minutemen so why not put it there

inside the gas station itself, i've done a meager amount of work decorating it. here's my workshop. it has workshop poo poo

feel like this place didn't really start to click for me until i walled off the area around the station. gives it a nice sense of space. there is a fire and a picnic bench. this would probably be a good place to hang out, if i ever bother furnishing it.

rrrrrrrrrred rrrrrrrrrrrocket

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

cheesetriangles posted:

I really wish this game has building stuff that was new and not garbage. Just Bethesda acting like the war was 20 years ago not 200.

there came a point where i faced the fact that this is not the fallout game i hoped for, but a post apocalypse themed bad minecraft that exists in a nebulous post war time detached from any kind of lore or background beyond bombs fell, world broken. to paraphrase the game itself, this is not the fallout i wanted, but it is the one i found myself in

so now i jam garbage next to garbage until i am happy with the garbage shack i made, and it's not a terrible way to play the game. it is even... fun

also the vault stuff might be neat

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Jejoma posted:

What's the best way to get around the building limit for settlements without mods? I know there's a console command, but doesn't it cause all sorts of other issues as well?

dump a bunch of weapons on the ground in your settlement, then go into construction mode and store the weapons to your workshop. the game will think you're removing pieces from the settlement and deduct from the limit

big/complex weapons seem to slice off more of the limit than small ones

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

what the gently caress is this bethesda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

these vault lights are bullshit. i'm using the basic naked lightbulb to light my atrium, and it's like 8 times stronger than the lights from the vault dlc

• Locked thread