Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Good games make me their bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

GentlemanBrofro posted:

Your link is set as the screenshot of your files, not the video.

Dude's probably still hungover. Get used to this.

edit: The link in the OP works. Use that until I can get a hold of CQC.

DA PANET EARF
Jun 14, 2011

GentlemanBrofro posted:

Your link is set as the screenshot of your files, not the video.

As established, I'm a moron. (It's fixed now)

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
those loving zooms were hilarious. you honestly didnt know that would happen?

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Thread delivers on a hastily added footnote. NOW that's what I call professionalism!

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
SUPERFLY JOHNSON

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

In the beginning there was The Word and there was God and The Word was from God and The Word was God. And that word, is DAIKATANA - John: e1m1

arcsig
May 29, 2015

Maniak, you're correct. Quake 1 was the game with the floating eyeballs.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.
CQC what the hell do you have against Brick Superfly?

MaNiAk
Jan 1, 2005

Hi my name is Doxylamine Succinate, I will be serving you tonight

arcsig posted:

Maniak, you're correct. Quake 1 was the game with the floating eyeballs.

I remember weird things about quake, like how I had a copy all on floppy disks, yet I can't find a single image about it!

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Love this LP so far. Do you plan on doing any multiplayer stuff at all?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
This game shouldn't be called Daikatana. That's such a negative name, we should call it Livekatana instead

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

David D. Davidson posted:

Love this LP so far. Do you plan on doing any multiplayer stuff at all?

gently caress yeah we will.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

This game shouldn't be called Daikatana. That's such a negative name, we should call it Livekatana instead

First off, the game is called JOHN ROMERO's DAIKATANA (Daikatana no Romero Alfonso in Japanese). Second "DAIKATANA" means "Big Sword" although "Greatsword" might be a better translation. This refers to the weapon wielded by the villain, Kage Mishima that is later reclaimed by the player. Having said that, the Daikatana itself is not actually a greatsword (which require two hands), but a hand-and-half sword, id est one that can be used with either one or two hands. But it is still called a greatsword because Suck It Down.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

DAIKATANA IS CURRENTLY ONLY ONE AND THREE QUARTERS UNITED STATES DOLLARS ON STEAM, ALL TRUE FPS EXPERTS NEED TO BUY THAT poo poo.

Why spend $60 on casual trash like Grand Theft Auto V when a real hardcore FPS like DAIKATANA is only $1.75?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Take your meds strangelove

arcsig
May 29, 2015

http://puu.sh/ili59/d9f77353b1.jpg

If there's one decision I could make in this life that I could be certain I will never regret, it is this one.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

It scares me a little that I'm tempted to buy this, but on the other hand somehow the videos make this look fun.

How the hell did you do that?

Edit: It is done, the pact is set. I have been made John Romero's bitch.

Zoig fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jun 12, 2015

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
I too am tempted to buy this POS (Playable-on-Steam) game. How many people can play multiplayer at a time? I might be down to being made Romero's bitch with some other goons.

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy

BaconCopter posted:

I too am tempted to buy this POS (Playable-on-Steam) game. How many people can play multiplayer at a time? I might be down to being made Romero's bitch with some other goons.

Seconded. I want to see the game lag like hell for myself from everyone firing chainguns. :getin:

MaNiAk
Jan 1, 2005

Hi my name is Doxylamine Succinate, I will be serving you tonight
Oh well.

DA PANET EARF
Jun 14, 2011

MaNiAk posted:

Oh well.

Soon, much like Orion Prelude, every goon will own daikatana and it will all be my fault. By the way, Orion Prelude owns and if you don't own it you're an rear end in a top hat. It's 75 cents, go buy it.

Also today I discovered Universal Combat CE is free on steam, so now I am also Derek Smart's Bitch. Goddamn I'm a lot of people's bitch these days.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

MaNiAk posted:

Oh well.

Same. I don't know, I could have had like, a twix and a soda for that money. Instead I get roboskeets and frogs.

DA PANET EARF
Jun 14, 2011

In accordance with making this the worst thread in LP I have added the character bios. Much like daikatana, they have secrets, so find them all.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

For all of you guys who bought this on Steam because I coerced you into it, be sure to upvote my Steam review - http://steamcommunity.com/id/DoctorStrangelove/recommended/242980/

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Recommended
6.0 hrs last two weeks / 20.7 hrs on record
Posted: Apr 15 @ 2:09am

John Romero's Daikatana is the answer to every problem we all have with modern video "games." John Romero's Daikatana is a game that will not hold your hand, has no QTEs, no cover system, no dumbass action setpieces, no stringing you along from cutscence to cutscene, no iron-sight aiming. None of that casual console kiddie crap. John Romero's Daikatana is the purest fps experience in existance. John Romero is truely the divine prophet of fps, and will lead the PC Gaming Master Race into the promised land of fps purity. The "bad reputation" this game has is a joke. It all comes from casual "gamers" who resent John Romero's Daikatana because it is an Expert FPS and is just too hard for them to enjoy since all they want in games is handholding baby trash filled with cutscenes. Real FPS Experts and pure blooded members of the PC Gaming Master Race will recognize that John Romero's Daikatana is the ultimate fps experience.

Also don't you loving dare say that this review is "funny" this is a no-jokes Let's Play of a game I take very seriously.

DoctorStrangelove fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jun 12, 2015

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Huh, I thought that review sounded Familiar.

Also,

DA PANET EARF posted:

By the way, Orion Prelude owns and if you don't own it you're an rear end in a top hat. It's 75 cents, go buy it.

This is 100% accurate, best dollar I ever spent.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Say, is there a link to the fan patch you're using that makes the game less poo poo so I can play along?

DA PANET EARF
Jun 14, 2011

Night10194 posted:

Say, is there a link to the fan patch you're using that makes the game less poo poo so I can play along?

https://bitbucket.org/DGibson/daikatana-1.3/wiki/Home I think

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Suspicious posted:

Beat the final boss on shogun difficulty without cheating. I want to see you triumph where I failed.

Last night I Beat e2 on Shogun with no deaths. Kage's loving dead yo. Ya'll niggaz gonna witness a real FPS Expert.

I'll put out the Shogun playthrough videos once CQC puts out the last ep for the chapter. They will be sped up by 12-16 times and have the audio replaced with anime music.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Count me in as another of John Romero's bitches, bough this just now as part of the Summer Sale.

I mean i'm to busying getting addicted to Invisible Inc to actually bother PLAYING though it at the moment but still.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT
Tried to increase my FOV in a Daikatana co-op session today.

This loving game.

Atomikus
Jun 4, 2010

Muncie? Muncie! MUNCIE!
Shouldn't have tried to change a perfect, pro FPS.

GentlemanBrofro
Mar 9, 2011

by Lowtax

Wugga posted:

This loving game.
True FPS experts that want to hone their skill play with 70 FOV instead of the standard 90.

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy

Wugga posted:

This loving game.

Some things never change, eh?

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
A fan patch that "fixes" "problems" with the game? Sounds like we got a bunch of casuals in here.

DA PANET EARF
Jun 14, 2011

Wugga posted:

This loving game.

You're not the only one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZKqdlPFsgA (This is a really old video of mine with me trying to get coop to work on 1.2)
I am relieved to see that the fanpatch doesn't fix that poo poo, as the fanpatch doesn't seem to fix much other than SOME pathing, SOME renderer bugs, and does some modernization like adding AF, a toggle for vsync (so you don't have to edit an INI to fix the load screen bug), and widescreen fixes. Game is still daikatana as gently caress.

Also apparently 1.3 works on linux or something, who knows, that poo poo's for nerds.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Atomikus posted:

Shouldn't have tried to change a perfect, pro FPS.

GentlemanBrofro posted:

True FPS experts that want to hone their skill play with 70 FOV instead of the standard 90.

Suspicious posted:

A fan patch that "fixes" "problems" with the game? Sounds like we got a bunch of casuals in here.

These are good posts. You guys should post more. Everyone else should also post more, even if you're casual scum because we need to see examples of the kinds of people who killed FPS.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

DoctorStrangelove posted:

These are good posts. You guys should post more. Everyone else should also post more, even if you're casual scum because we need to see examples of the kinds of people who killed FPS.

I found one of the killers.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

Wugga posted:

This loving game.

:allears: Thank you for the new wallpaper for my phone

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
I miss the days of finding up to three keys to get to the next level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

I miss the days of finding up to three keys to get to the next level.

Only 3?

• Locked thread