Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Are you going to play the GBC one? It's not a pro FPS but it's good to see how they failed at making a pro FPS on the GBC by making it some top-down Zelda instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

That's all DooM had. :shrug:

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Doom isn't an expert FPS, though.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT

anilEhilated posted:

Doom isn't an expert FPS, though.

Not compared to this masterpiece, anyway.

Weirdly enough, the most fun I've had with this game is by turning godmode on and walking into spinning objects.

Look at him go!

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

I miss the days of finding up to three keys to get to the next level.

Red yellow and blue for life

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

tehinternet posted:

Red yellow and blue for life

I much prefer A, E, G, I and S.

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

i'm watching this LP in bed until i get too dizzy to stare at them and pass out from vertigo.

this is how john romero made me his bitch.

DA PANET EARF
Jun 14, 2011

Episode 4 will be temporarily delayed until I can redo the commentary for it, as I received the equivalent of a nail bomb in audio form and oh god the nails it hurts.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

DA PANET EARF posted:

Episode 4 will be temporarily delayed until I can redo the commentary for it, as I received the equivalent of a nail bomb in audio form and oh god the nails it hurts.

The good news is it means next episode will allow us to talk about the thread's happenings and such.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

I'm about to be John Romero's bitch.

Handuar
Jun 30, 2007

GET IN THE DAMN CRAZY-BUS ARTHUR!
We did a new recording for episode 4 last night. I'm so sorry.

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy

Handuar posted:

We did a new recording for episode 4 last night. I'm so sorry.

I'm sorry, but what? :crossarms:

Real pros don't apologize for anything until at least a decade after the fact. :colbert:

I am beginning to doubt your Pro FPS Player credentials with this latest development.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Just release both versions with the new(scrub) audio and the Pro MLG John Romero(first recording) Demigod edition.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

CQC was not joking (as this is a no joke LP) when he said that the audio for e1m4 was a nail bomb. The new commentary isn't a nail bomb, but is a carbon monoxide leak. And the new episode will go up later today.

Handuar
Jun 30, 2007

GET IN THE DAMN CRAZY-BUS ARTHUR!

DoctorStrangelove posted:

...a carbon monoxide leak...

In this situation I would say it's more of a natural gas leak on a clothes dryer.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

CQC is a dumbass and forgot to post the new video.

Let's Play Daikatana Episode 4: The Depressing Episode

Contests end whenever I feel like ending them.

DA PANET EARF
Jun 14, 2011

DoctorStrangelove posted:

CQC is a dumbass and forgot to post the new video.

Let's Play Daikatana Episode 4: The Depressing Episode

Contests end whenever I feel like ending them.

I didn't forget, it just wasn't ready when I left to go do that thing I do where I do stuff for money that I'm not going to be doing anymore soon.

By the way in case it wasn't obvious we have some thread contests in the 4th video.

NextSundayA.D.
May 13, 2009

This is my submission for Usagi Miyamoto.
I've been enjoying your videos but didn't understand one thing at the end of that last one.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
CQC your next job should be helping John Romero make Daikatana 2

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

CQC your next job should be helping John Romero make Daikatana 2

heheheheh

MaNiAk
Jan 1, 2005

Hi my name is Doxylamine Succinate, I will be serving you tonight
My bad! Due to some bad poo poo happening audio was not recorded. :wink:

MaNiAk fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jun 24, 2015

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So where is this supposed Shogun run that i think Strangelove was talking about? Or is he talking about his own personal playthrough? Because we need to see a real FPS expert at play.

Speaking of which, since i am not an FPS expert does anybody have the link to the mod that CQC is using? Mostly just to not have to worry about finding save gems because secrets are hard to find.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So where is this supposed Shogun run that i think Strangelove was talking about? Or is he talking about his own personal playthrough? Because we need to see a real FPS expert at play.

Speaking of which, since i am not an FPS expert does anybody have the link to the mod that CQC is using? Mostly just to not have to worry about finding save gems because secrets are hard to find.

The shogun videos will be posted after the main video for each e. No commentary on them, sped up 8-16x depending on the length of the e and set to music from some of our favorite chinese cartoons. So you'll get to see the first one after CQC rolls out his video for e1m7. Then another one once he's done with e2 and so on.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
MTV put out this casting call and I thought of CQC.

http://remotecontrol.mtv.com/true-life-i-want-to-look-anime/

quote:

True Life: I Want To Look Anime

Do you love anime so much that you want to look like an anime character? Have you altered the way you dress or used makeup to make yourself look like your favorite anime character(s)? Does your anime-inspirited appearance turn heads every time you leave the house? Perhaps you are so serious about wanting to appear anime that you are considering surgery to fully achieve your dream look. Will you stop at nothing to look truly anime? If you love your anime lifestyle and want to share your story, email us!

If you appear to be between the ages of 16 and 26 and want to share your anime inspired beauty quest, email us at casting@gigantic.tv to be considered for an upcoming episode of MTV’s True Life produced by Emmy-award winning Gigantic! Productions. Tell us about your journey to achieve your dream anime look, and be sure to include your name, , location, phone number, and a recent picture of yourself.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

This is for the usaga miyomoto contest:

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I think this game made DA PANET EARF its bitch.

DA PANET EARF
Jun 14, 2011

I really need to better allocate times for my renders, as 1080/60 takes for loving ever.

Let's Play Daikatana Episode 5: Depression Retcoing (This commentary was recorded before my job evaporated)

I also want it on the record that I would undergo plastic surgery to look like "Suleepy" John "Mad Bull" Estes.

CLICK THIS loving IMAGE FOR FACE

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Have a preview of next week's episode.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
How the gently caress does this have a fan patch?

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Some people just want to watch the world burn.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

anilEhilated posted:

How the gently caress does this have a fan patch?

People that played the game and go "man this has some pretty cool ideas, if only it were better. I can make it better!"

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Sorry I was unable to reply to this in a more timely fashion as I was unfairly probated by the debate discussion KGB, but I have recently started lifting in an effort to make my physique more closely resemble that of Joseph Jostar.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

People that played the game and go "man this has some pretty cool ideas, if only it were better. I can make it better!"

Also people that want to remind future generations of the follies of the past. Kinda like holocaust museums.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Apparently The only thing CQC is worse than Daikatana at is clicking the "render" button. New episode is up. You're welcome.

Let's Play John Romero's Daikatana Episode 6: Not Dead

DoctorStrangelove fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jul 19, 2015

GentlemanBrofro
Mar 9, 2011

by Lowtax
The environments in this game are so impractical it really begs the question how Mishima was able to form a conglomerate.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

GentlemanBrofro posted:

The environments in this game are so impractical it really begs the question how Mishima was able to form a conglomerate.

He used the power of the Daikatana. It is very simple really.

Also I'd like to apologize for Chrono's audio in this episode. If you remember in the video e1m4 we had to rerecord, it's because his was hosed up and completely unsalvageable, and we foolishly didn't realize it until a few days before the episode was supposed to get posted. This video's audio was salvageable, but it still sounds like rear end.

Here's his original audio if you're interested.

DA PANET EARF
Jun 14, 2011

Yeah big props to strangelove for fixing that poo poo.

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

do a recap of the story next episode. there was a guy following you. but now hes gone. what happened to him?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Philman posted:

do a recap of the story next episode. there was a guy following you. but now hes gone. what happened to him?

yare yare...

Ok so Usagi Miyamoto, legendary swordsmith and sailor warrior forged the Daikatana, the sword which commands time itself, centuries ago to defeat the evil Mishimas. The Ebiharas lead the battle against the Mishimas. After their victory, the Daikatana was sealed in a volcano. In 2455 Hiro Miyamoto, swordsmaster and descendant of Usagi is approached by Enshiro Ebihara. Enshiro tells Hiro that the leader of the Mishima mega-corporation, Kage Mishima has used the power of the Daikatana to alter the timeline and conquer the world. Hiro must rescue Enshiro's daughter, Mikiko and reclaim the Daikatana to turn its power against Kage. Enshiro is then killed by Kage's assassin's and Hiro tries to sneak into Kage's fortress in a coffin (as the compound has a crematorium). However the truck carrying the coffin hits a bump in the road, Hiro's falls off the truck and he must get in the old fashion way. Inside Kage's fortress he finds a prison sector that houses a powerful ally, Superfly Johnson. Superfly had been Kage's chief rent-a-cop but disagreed with Kage about things like tourturing prisoners, turning people into fastfood and other things so Kage had Superfly detained and tortured. The two warriors fought through the facility until Superfly lead Hiro to the cryo-stasis chamber where Mikiko was being held. After freeing her, Superfly points the group in the direction of Kage's vault where he keeps the sword.

And this is where we left off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Something kinda funny I noticed: Doom had a bug where they'd implemented an alternate message for picking up medkits when low on health("You pick up a medkit that you really need!") but it never played 'cause it checked the wrong variable

Daikatana seems to have the exact opposite where this pickup message plays always, no matter how much HP you've got

• Locked thread