Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

there's definitely no logic
to human behaviour
I would like to do this but I'm having a hard time coming up with any good ideas. Will need to think on it.

Edit: ok I'm going to tentatively call "god bless the USA" by Lee Greenwood. I might have a plan.

Koivunen fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jun 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

to human behaviour
So I am just sitting down to get started on this now. It's going to be a one-shot deal I think, I don't know how long I will be able to tolerate the song before I say "good enough."

Edit: Ok I'm done. Record time, two hours.

Edit Again: Was going to wait to submit but whatever, here it is. God Bless The USA goes liturgical.

https://soundcloud.com/koivunen/god-bless-the-usa-liturgical-cover

Koivunen fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jul 2, 2015

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

to human behaviour

Hawklad posted:

Koivunen, you are the WINNER! Congratulations. Let's fire up another round, shall we?

Awesome - thanks!

Does anyone have the list of previous themes? I couldn't find it in any of the recent contest threads. Will think on it for a few days.

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

to human behaviour

CaptainViolence posted:

I'm not really up to moving to a new forum, I post in ML pretty much because I like it better than the other music forums I've tried. I dunno, I still like doing these even if it's mostly the other participants listening/voting/discussing.

Have we tried PYF yet? That seemed to turn into old GBS when nu-GBS was let loose.

Also, congrats Koivunen! Here is the last link I had to a list of previous threads/themes:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3564110#post418355905

Thanks! Could someone with archives copy/paste the list?

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

to human behaviour
What would you think about the following:
-Since it's summer and the weather is nice, songs about nature or the outdoors or animals. Rockstar: All Natural
-Songs with people's names in them. Rockstar: Say My Name, Say My Name (Has this been done before?)

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

to human behaviour
Sorry for the delay, working 12-h NOCs.

Going to go with the All Natural theme. Anything about nature. Weather, animals, the great outdoors, natural disasters, etc.

I will post the official thread when my work week is over, look for it this upcoming weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

to human behaviour
Got an unexpected night off work so you're all in luck. New contest thread here:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3737183

• Locked thread