Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ifuckedjesus
Sep 5, 2002
filez filez filez filez filez filez filez filez filez
I'm 99% set on buying a 2010-2012 Camaro in V8 & 6 speed manual transmission flavor. I've read up on the different trim levels, but are there any must-haves? Is the RS package with the HID headlamps worth it? I test drove a brand new one optioned out, but have not looked at the lesser trims yet excepting their descriptions online. I could afford the new one if I wanted to, but plan on going used to save some cash.

Are there reliability issues with the first model year of the newer body style (2010) or was it pretty solid? Anything in particular I should look for? I read that the paint around where the spoiler was mounted can be damaged due to incorrect spacing on the fit & that there was a recall issued.

Should I be wary of buying one that has an aftermarket exhaust / intake / ecu flash? Seems like those are pretty common additions. I know better than buying a built up one with cams, injectors, and the like.

This will be my daily driver, and I already plan on getting a 2nd set of wheels with snow tires for winter. Does anyone know what size rim is required to clear the calipers? I have a nice set of 17" (I think) BBS wheels from my old Impreza, but it's not looking like a promising fit after my visit to tirerack.com.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

ifuckedjesus posted:

Should I be wary of buying one that has an aftermarket exhaust / intake / ecu flash? Seems like those are pretty common additions.

Go for the most stock one you can find with the lowest miles, you can typically never go wrong with that formula. If someone throws mad tyte mods on it, chances are they beat the poo poo out of it afterward.

• Locked thread