Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)
It's that magical time of year when we all come together as a close knit community of like minded soccer enthusiasts to marvel at the high point of competetive soccer; The UEFA Champions league final. This year we have two stalwarts of the game going head to head: The Barçelona Bluereds and the Juventus Matchfixers.

The game is Saturday, June 6th at 1:45 Central Daylight TIME SORRY CAPS.

First lets take a look at perennial TRP favorites Barcelona.

Barcelona are one win away from the treble after securing the league and Copa Del Rey the past two weeks.

Led by one of the best players to ever kick a ball, The Barcelonas will count on Lionel "train expert" Messi to create opportunities and score many goals to lead them to glory. Messi is real good and the ladies love him too. He does cool stuff like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF_UARUNm6M

And is super sexy

One of the big exciting things is watching one of the other prolific Barça scorers Suarez go up against the man he politely, jokingly and friendlily called NEgrito, Mr. Patrice Evra. It was also gonna be fun to watch him go against the dude he bit during the world cup Chiellini but apparently Chiellini is scared and won't be playing due to the fear.

Neymar rounds out the prolific Barcelona attack. These three are possibly the best attacking three to ever play for Barcelona. But that might be Etoo, Henry and Messi. We can all decide after tomorrow's game.

Rakitic has been a solid replacement for Xavi, and has led to a more direct attacking, but don't you fret your pretty little heads, there will still be loads of triangles. This Barcelona defense has also been superb, with Busquets in front of Pique and Mascherano, Alves and Alba providing both attack and proper defense. Ter Stegen has been solid in goal during all the cup matches. They will be tough to beat.

Barça are going for their fifth European title.

Juventus are also looking for a treble and will do so with a win tomorrow (lol)

They have seen a resurgence under tactical mastermind Allegri. They also have a lot of good players like Pogba and Tevez, Pirlo and Vidal and probably one of the best keepers ever in fascist Buffon.

Chiellini being out won't help them, but they play to their strengths and are good at taking other teams out of their style of play. Honestly I don't know poo poo about Juventus and am tired of acting like I really do so someone else can write stuff about them.

So lets all enjoy the game, talk about the exciting matchups and tactical stuff with lots of statistics and most importantly enjoy each others camaraderie.

Suqit fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Jun 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

quote:

One of the big exciting things is watching one of the other prolific Barça scorers Neymar go up against the man he politely, jokingly and friendlily called NEgrito, Mr. Patrice Evra. It was also gonna be fun to watch him go against the dude he bit during the world cup Chiellini but apparently Chiellini is scared and won't be playing due to the fear.

nice to know big mar feels the same way about terms of endearment as Suarez

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

nice to know big mar feels the same way about terms of endearment as Suarez

Whoops :blush:

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Has anyone got some advanced stats to really kick the thread off?

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster
Cool, a plastic thread by a plastic fan for a game mainly attended by UEFA dignitaries, beer impersarios and phone manufactures, contested between Qatar FC and a team of actual match fixers.

Hell, I can't wait. Go FC Qatar.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

THATCHER BRAINWASH posted:

Cool, a plastic thread by a plastic fan for a game mainly attended by UEFA dignitaries, beer impersarios and phone manufactures, contested between Qatar FC and a team of actual match fixers.

Hell, I can't wait. Go FC Qatar.

gently caress off

the game will be good and i hope suarez scores a goal and also does something mental

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster

Has anyone got some advanced stats to really kick the thread off?

yeah here's a good advanced stat ur a human being

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

THATCHER BRAINWASH posted:

yeah here's a good advanced stat ur a human being

I know but that's not really relevant right now

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster
Juve winning would be pretty cool and good imo but lol

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

I just want Buffon and Pirlo to lift the trophy together and then join in a loving embrace

That said it's Barca's final to lose here and I don't see it happening.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
This is going to end up like Spain - Italy in the Euro 2012 finals. Lot of hype about two good teams beating other good teams to get there and maybe the underdogs will give everyone a surprise and then Juve give up 4 goals in the first half.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

This is going to end up like Spain - Italy in the Euro 2012 finals. Lot of hype about two good teams beating other good teams to get there and maybe the underdogs will give everyone a surprise and then Juve give up 4 goals in the first half.

yeah

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
It's alright though, Juve will just say they won it and add it to all official club records.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Eau de MacGowan posted:

It's alright though, Juve will just say they won it and add it to all official club records.

Mods

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Eau de MacGowan posted:

lol

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)
One cool tidbit, If Barcelona win they will have beaten the English, French, German and Italian champions to win the tournament.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Great OP. agree with everything. The barca boys are real sharp and will win by 3.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
If Juventus were playing any other team I'd want them to win. But I want Suarez to bite everyone including the cup

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Nice try withe Liga thread tag, Suqit, you sly dog

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Gigi Galli posted:

Nice try withe Liga thread tag, Suqit, you sly dog

:newlol:

It took us like 4 years to get it, have to use it whenever possible.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

It's insane how many Italians and "Spaniards" are in Berlin right now. Here's an advanced stat: if likelihood of winning is positively correlated with mullet-and-jorts density among supporters, Barcelona have this in the bag.

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
Mullets and Jorts are good, up the Lonas!

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

The only people I've seen in Berlin wearing Juve gear are fat asians.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can confirm there are only Barcelona fans here in Berlin. I haven't seen one juve shirt. The Que Pasa was full of Barcelona kits lol, the worst place to eat in Berlin.

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002
Suarez will be hungry for this one.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Also Juve are really, really trying to become the sentimental favorite by hyping up the "win it for the 37" angle, this being 30 years since Heysel (which, incidentally, was also their first European Cup win).

And even though I, like many of the cool people that post in the Serie A thread, believe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odZeT8T88f8, I want Juve to win.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Got a pic of the barca boyz out for a prowl in Berlin before the big game. Pretty sure the guy on the left is Big Mar.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
i dont think you get into berghain with a barca top.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

going tonight actually. if i get in I'll report back on what kits made the cut

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
good luck standing in the queue with the thousands of tourists who think they have a chance of making it inside tonight!

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
I feel this is somehow relevant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VbPVJm5RCA

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
2 poo poo teams full of criminal mercenaries playing a bad game of football. Both teams should already have life bans for crimes against football, barcelona also for material and moral support of terrorism.

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~

BWV posted:

The only people I've seen in Berlin wearing Juve gear are fat asians.

hi I'm posting from Berlin

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Everyone always forgets the third team.

Referee: Cuneyt Cakir (Turkey)
AR1: Bahattin Duran
AR2: Tarik Ongun
AAR1: Huseyin Gocek
AAR2: Baris Simsek
4TH: Jonas Eriksson (Sweden)

After a job well done at Euro 2012 (Ukraine Sweden, Italy Ireland, Portugal Spain), followed by the Club World Cup final between Corinthians and Chelsea, Cakir is best known in TRP for this

Since then Cakir has continued to turn in good performance after good performance. At the world cup he was one of the better referees, being put in charge of Brazil Mexico and Algeria Russia before being saved for the Netherlands Argentina semifinal, narrowly missing out on the final.

Cakir has been busy in Europe this season! He has been in charge of four Champions League matches, including PSG Chelsea in the round of 16, and three Europa League matches. Predicted by many at the beginning of the campaign to have the final, Cakir's solid performances mean he was the obvious choice when the time came to put a man in the middle.

Jerseys for everyone

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
After several weeks of watching complete trash it's nice to see a thread about the top top level of football being played and also Juventus.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

chaoslord posted:

Everyone always forgets the third team.

Referee: Cuneyt Cakir (Turkey)
AR1: Bahattin Duran
AR2: Tarik Ongun
AAR1: Huseyin Gocek
AAR2: Baris Simsek
4TH: Jonas Eriksson (Sweden)

After a job well done at Euro 2012 (Ukraine Sweden, Italy Ireland, Portugal Spain), followed by the Club World Cup final between Corinthians and Chelsea, Cakir is best known in TRP for this

Since then Cakir has continued to turn in good performance after good performance. At the world cup he was one of the better referees, being put in charge of Brazil Mexico and Algeria Russia before being saved for the Netherlands Argentina semifinal, narrowly missing out on the final.

Cakir has been busy in Europe this season! He has been in charge of four Champions League matches, including PSG Chelsea in the round of 16, and three Europa League matches. Predicted by many at the beginning of the campaign to have the final, Cakir's solid performances mean he was the obvious choice when the time came to put a man in the middle.

Jerseys for everyone

These posts are always so good. You own.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

I know but that's not really relevant right now

lol

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I hope Juve win and Suqit's big fat head explodes.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I want Barca to lose becuase of my never-ending hatred for the entire nation of Spain. Let's go the Juves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Alain Post posted:

I want Barca to lose becuase of my never-ending hatred for the entire nation of Spain. Let's go the Juves.

Catalonia is not Spain

• Locked thread