Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Eau de MacGowan posted:

It's alright though, Juve will just say they won it and add it to all official club records.

Mods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Drogadon posted:

I trust Allegri, tomorrow he will lead Juve to victory and will confirm his place among the top managers of all time.

Unironically this. Can't wait.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Barzagli is good to go for today, so it looks like Juve are going with the 4-3-1-2 with Barzagli and Bonucci in the cb slots, Vidal behind the forwards.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
It's time to get hype

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Since Suqit did a nice job of discussing Barcelona in the OP, here is a plastic's take on Juve's road to the final.

The big story entering the 2014-15 season was the surprising departure of coach Antonio Conte, who resigned just as training camp began. In his 3 years at Juve they won the title each season, he was widely credited with returning Juventus to be the dominant club in Italy, after some very mediocre seasons after returning from Serie B in 2007-2008. Conte had threatened to walk away a couple of times in the previous year, as he felt that Juventus didn't spend enough money in the transfer market, and made many comments in the press how Juve could never compete in the Champions League without a much larger transfer and wage budget. Conte is a tough coach that worked the team hard and demanded effort, there was a lot of panic amongst Juve supporters and laughter by everybody else when his successor was quickly named:

Max Allegri

Allegri had been dismissed from Milan in the middle of the 2013-14 season, they were mid-table after having finished 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in his previous 3 seasons at Milan. He took a lot of (mostly justifiable) criticism for his team selection and the terrible quality of defending. Juve supporters threw eggs at his car as he arrived to Juve's training complex for the first time last summer. There was also a lot of speculation that he and Pirlo would not get along, as it was perceived that it was Allegri that pushed Andrea Pirlo out at Milan, which led to him signing with Juve as Conte arrived as manager.

His time at Juve didn't start out smoothly, they lost their first friendly to amateur Italian club Lucento and people were calling for him to be fired immediately. As the regular season started, he stuck with the 3-5-2 that Conte had almost exclusively used, and Juve got off to a strong start. The prevailing attitude however was that Allegri was simply along for the ride, this was still Conte's system and Conte's squad doing what they had been doing for the past 3 seasons.

While it had been very successful, the biggest problems with the 3-5-2 were: 1) It led to a ton of possession without a lot of good attacking play; 2) It didn't allow Juve to put all of their best players on the pitch at the same time. With midfielders Arturo Vidal, Paul Pogba, Claudio Marchisio and Pirlo, one man was always left out, and in Conte's last season with Juve it meant that Marchiso was just a squad player for much of the year, filling in for Pirlo or Pogba when they needed rest.

Allegri switched to a more attack minded 4-3-1-2, with Vidal usually playing in the advanced role behind strikers Tevez and Llorente. As the season progressed, Llorente was phased out of the starting lineup for newcomer Alvaro Morata, who had transferred from Real Madrid prior to the season. In the 4 man defense, another summer transfer Patrice Evra proved to be a crucial signing, as Juve didn't have a true left back under Conte, he played attack minded wingback Kwadmo Asamoah (who missed most of 2014-2015 with a knee injury) and a rotating cast of left footed center backs in the position. Utility midfielder Simone Padoin also proved to be a useful squad player at left back, covering for Evra when he was rested.

Allegri showed that he was flexible between switching between the two systems, frequently within the same match. Juve will surely start with the 4-3-1-2 today, but if they have a late lead (quit laughing!!!), he may switch to the more defensive minded 3-5-2. However, the absence of CB Giorgio Chiellini may preclude that from happening, the only remaining CB in the squad is Angelo Ogbonna, who is a fine player but not the same class of player as Chiellini, Barzagli (who is also coming off an injury) and Bonucci (quit laughing!!!).

Juve were the beneficiaries of some favorable circumstances during their run to the CL finals. In the first two knockout rounds, they were drew against easily the two weakest sides in Borussia Dortmund and Monaco. However, they did what they needed to do to move on. Meanwhile domestically, their supposed primary rival for the scudetto, Roma, went on a long streak of draws, leaving Juve with a very comfortable double digit point lead for the 2nd half of the season. Allegri responded wisely by resting starters in league games prior to CL and Coppa Italia matchups. Juve then faced a Real Madrid who were not at their best in the CL semifinals, and advanced after a 1-1 draw in Madrid that saw Morata score the decisive goal against his former club.

Juve have long underperformed in cup tournaments, relative to their dominance in the league. Allegri led Juve to their first Coppa Italia win since 1995, beating Lazio in extra time on from substitute Alesandro Matri's goal. Matri had come to Juve on loan from Milan (via Genoa, where he was on loan the first half of the year) in January, he was a big signing for Juve in 2011 from Cagliari, but he had fallen out of favor over the next couple of seasons.

Other key players for Juve are Swiss starting right back Stephan Lichtsteiner, attacking midfielder Roberto Pereyra, and defensive midfielder Stefano Sturaro, who has been owned by Juve for a while but was on loan at Genoa until being recalled to Juve in January.

Oh, and there's also this guy:

Gigi Buffon is an absolute legend, and still one of the top goalkeepers in the world at age 37. He'll need to be at his best today.

Juve have been mostly reliant on Carlos Tevez to score goals over the past 2 seasons. He's been an absolute workhorse since moving to Juve, with no personality or disciplinary issues like he was known for in England. Juventus have also been bailed out numerous times by Paul Pogba long range strikes and Andrea Pirlo free kicks, both of whom are among the best in the world at those respective skills. There are rumors that this could be Pirlo's last match with the club, as he's been rumored to move to MLS this summer. Likewise this could also be Pogba's final match with Juve, as there are constant transfer rumors linking him to the biggest/richest clubs in the world.

Juve are the clear underdogs against Barcelona, but I like their chances to put up a good fight today. There is enough quality in the squad and Allegri has shown to make good tactical decisions and high impact substitutions.

sorry for all the :words:, didn't mean to go on that long

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

El Hefe posted:

Messi is a badass he never cries

wrong look at this bitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx6DcDWKVHw

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Let's look at some Juventus babes and rate them and decide which one is best:

not bad

eh

loving troll

wowzers

ive had better

nice

juventus has pretty average babes IMHO

Giaccherini doesn't play for Juve anymore - and you forgot Matri's WAG ffs

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
mmm, liking these Barca nerves

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

DOOP posted:

Allegri, tactical genius?

this is canon

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
ah gently caress's sake

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Buffon is going to carry his mattress back to Turin

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
jesus christ, Vidal needs to be subbed off

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
:ughh:

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
cool short corner routine

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
here's an idea:

CLEAR THE loving BALL

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
well that wasn't ideal

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Chris de Sperg posted:

i believe in the Ju's

their track record in Germany isn't great

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
I don't understand that commercial, why is Xavi taking a flight at the same time as the CL final

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Should probably go ahead and bring on Llorente, a set piece goal is probably Juve's only hope of scoring a goal

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
thanks Gigi

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

El Hefe posted:

Luisito plz

if he was up to his normal standard of play it would be 4-0 by now

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
gently caress yesssssss

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
ffs Tevez

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Pogba pls

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
nooooooo

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
I'm crying

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
lol loving retard Neymar

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Bonucci's nonchalant attitude towards defending Messi is extremely cool and good

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
glad that was Pique

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
ugh someone kidnapped a kid in my city and the tv station cut away from the game

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
could someone do me a big favor and stab Neymar, Alves, and Suarez? tia

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
I'm dead

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002