Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zebez
Apr 27, 2008

Gantolandon posted:

Has anyone managed to encounter and get rid of the sound stuttering bug?

It comes and goes randomly. When it's present, it makes the music stutter whenever the game isn't paused. It doesn't happen any other Paradox game, including EU4.

I found one method of getting rid of it - repeatedly switching between both of my sound devices (but without turning each of them off, as this makes the sound disappear altogether) seems to be restarting the game sound system. Sometimes it kicks off just right and the stuttering is absent until I quit the game and run it again. Otherwise it's just the matter of getting lucky. No other method I tried works permanently, including converting the music files to another format, using another codec and reinstalling the game from the scratch. It first happened after Rajas of India and still persists until this day.

I had that for a long as while, since maybe Rajas of India expansion? I managed to lessen it a lot by setting CK2game.exe in task manager to Low priority.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zebez
Apr 27, 2008

Darkrenown posted:

The Extended province view isn't that unknown, is it?

No, but for new players maybe it should be extended by default?

zebez
Apr 27, 2008

Darkrenown posted:

Maybe. For a quickfix I added a mention of it to the No Hospitals icon.

Nice, the interface is pretty good now though. The only mod I run now is one too increase the intrigue decision window to 6 available instead of the normal 4. It's sorely needed.

zebez
Apr 27, 2008

catlord posted:

So much cool stuff that's going to make updating my mod a pain in the rear end!

gently caress yea!

zebez
Apr 27, 2008

Bishop Rodan posted:

Can I have a link to that mod?

I'll see about getting it uploaded somewhere.

zebez
Apr 27, 2008

Goofballs posted:

Which portrait packs are worth getting? I understand some of them are awful but I'm sick of seeing whitey fat face guy everywhere

I think they all are pretty good. I didn't even dislike the old mediterranean portraits everyone hated. I still have them enabled through my own mod.

zebez
Apr 27, 2008

Ofaloaf posted:

Before the 2.6 patch rolled out, I had to add something like "zz_" to the front of localisation files meant to overwrite vanilla localisation entries. After 2.6 rolled out, they stopped working, and I ended up switching the "zz_" prefix to "00_" and then it all started working again.

Did some internal load order thing in the game get changed around? I swear there was even an earlier time when I had to use 00_ to make sure an overwrite entry was read and used, but then it stopped working and I had to switch to zz_.

Yes, I had exactly the same problem! Solved the same way.

Edit: I imagine this patch note has something to do with it:
- Fixed an issue for mods trying to remove localisation from the base game's localisation.

zebez fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Aug 25, 2016

zebez
Apr 27, 2008
So someone earlier asked about my mod to increase the decisions window from 4 to 6 available slots.

Here's the link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=751790075

It shouldn't interfere with ironman or anything as it dosen't affect gameplay.

zebez fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Aug 25, 2016

zebez
Apr 27, 2008

Darth Windu posted:

Did medievals even know what cancer was

If you google it: "Our oldest description of cancer (although the word cancer was not used) was discovered in Egypt
and dates back to about 3000 BC." so I would guess yes at least in some form.

zebez
Apr 27, 2008

Hadaka Apron posted:

Can you still get the Necronomicon quest if you have supernatural events turned off?

If I read the event file correct, no you cannot.

zebez
Apr 27, 2008
Might be hard to solve in a nice easy way but you can definitely get so many traits it makes it hard to see them all.

zebez
Apr 27, 2008

lurksion posted:

FYI for anyone playing with unrestricted AI supernatural events on, bear event is 1/1000 chance every year, so there will likely be lots of bears running around.

drat

zebez
Apr 27, 2008

ZombieLenin posted:

Are they done with CKII with Jade Dragon? I feel like CKII has reached the end of its life cycle.

They said they have at least one DLC left.

Edit: Here is the link https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-75-enter-the-dragon.1054574/#post-23505660

zebez fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Dec 1, 2017

zebez
Apr 27, 2008

explosivo posted:

Man I am actually enjoying myself playing this despite basically having no idea what to do most of the time. I ended last night after getting hosed over by my Kinsman who revolted as I was leading my army into northern Ireland to take over some area I had a claim on. I was spread too thin and ended up having to surrender to the guy which cut my counties (?) in half. I think my biggest obstacle at this point is terminology - knowing what everything is called and what the difference is between lords and vassals and earls. Also not knowing what I'm supposed to be doing in my "downtime" between wars that isn't finding people to marry.

This is pretty much how I started to play this game several years ago, knowing nothing. But I learned as I went. And the most important thing I learnt was that losing is fun :P

zebez
Apr 27, 2008

Facebook Aunt posted:

The Indian portraits are disturbing. Why are their eyeballs so white?!?

Also why are the females so much paler than the males?

zebez
Apr 27, 2008

Alikchi posted:

Personally I've abandoned working on my Paradox mods because I can't be bothered to compatch them every six months so I'll be pleased when development sloooows down and I can work on a big project with confidence.

Same. I had some popular EU4 and CK2 mods on steam workshop. But it eventually took way more time and effort than I could put in for free so...

zebez
Apr 27, 2008

ninjahedgehog posted:

Is this a new character sheet layout I see?

yes

from their stream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=u2QfdRORddw

zebez
Apr 27, 2008

SlothfulCobra posted:

Oh my god, you'll finally be able to keep track of your traits when you have a million billion of them.

Yes and personally I would just forgo the stupid icon in front of every row. I might mod that out.

zebez
Apr 27, 2008
So why is Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury 16.79€ on steam but 19.99€ at the Paradox store?

Edit: I guess they fixed it

zebez fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Oct 12, 2018

zebez
Apr 27, 2008
Holy Fury really seems to be the be-all and end-all dlc, and hopefully the last one.

zebez
Apr 27, 2008
Even now, 6 years ago you still argue about basic things in the game <3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zebez
Apr 27, 2008

Brown Moses posted:

One of the dog nations is called Goodboyen.

drat, goty

• Locked thread