Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

I made my viking sister-wife my spymaster :smith:

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

I just restored the Roman Empire. I thought it was going to be really hard and take me a long time but it's only 868. Now I don't know what to do for the rest of the game. Prepare for the jihads and reclaim the rest of the old borders I guess. I wish I had Sunset Invasion turned on because right now only the Shia Caliphate rivals me and not by too much.

So i havent played CK2 in a long while.

If I wanted to restore the Roman Empire...

1. what's the preferred start date
2. starting character?
3. If I wanted to make it "OG" Hellenistic, is there a mod to make that a viable religion? Is the base gamer supporting it now? I'm out of the loop.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
I got a quest for Immortality from a Strong Attractive Mystic Pagan who I proceeded to seduce.

But my rousing speech was a failure and everyone abandoned me :saddowns:

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
It took 19 years for my Diplo 23 chancellor to fabricate my first claim so I could go from Count to Duke :saddowns:

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
Man my guy was Satanic High Priest with like 10 health and fantastic characteristics.

Then suddenly he got a cough and started vomiting. My world renowned, highly skilled court physician suggested an extreme treatment, and I ended up with one less leg and still sick.

Then they told me it was cancer.

My Dark Healing failed, making me just fatigued.

I drained one of my children's essence, but it apparently did nothing.

I ended up with health of 0.5 and finally died at age 51.

My son became King, hosted a grand tournament, and EVERY. SINGLE PARTICIPANT ended up dead or maimed. Mostly dead.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
My son was a demon child, and everyone between him and becoming my heir died. Which kind of sucked because I really liked my oldest daughter.

Of course, I, being the father of the evil child, was Satanic High Priest, and the resulting option made it sound like I was going to chastise him for overstepping.

I ended up roasting my strong, genius, attractive, if evil, child inside a metal bull.

So now I have to try to groom one of the other children and hope I can steal enough life essences to survive this pneumonia that won't go away.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
Aztecs fired for me, but I didn't pay very close attention, being Norse, and somehow they ended up on the Eastern border of the Byzantine Empire, with no sign of how they got there.

They spread for a while, and next time I checked on them they had engulfed most of the Byzantine lands, but their rulers were culturally Greek, and Ethnically Armenian, with no Aztec religion, Culture, or Ethnicity left on the map. But the Empire was still gold colored and called Aztec Empire.

Later, and unrelated to the above, my wife 'vanished without a trace', but I didn't sacrifice her and she wasn't captured prior or anything. She went straight from hanging out in court to Vanished.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
Hey so if I wanted to do some shenanigans to play as an Aztec dude, how would I go about setting that up?

Like I want to be an Aztec Satanist and sacrifice people to Quetzecoatl or whatever.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

ajkalan posted:

Open console, enter these commands
religion aztec
culture nahuatl
gfx_culture nahuatl [this one is optional]

Hmm... Everyone hates me. Is there a way to change all my vassals and courtiers to the same religion and culture as me at once, or would I have to manually change every one individually?

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
So, I've just been farting around seeing what havoc I can wreak with the command console and a funny cheat menu mod. Just to see how far I can push the system.

I started in 769, and used the "exterminate dynasty" command on a Karling.

Now, the Kingdom of "Austrasia" is ruled by the "Nibelunging" line, and in so doing absorbed West Francia.

This will be fun :v:

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
There's no appropriately themed Devil Worship Society for the Aztecs :gonk:

Also for some reason it keeps notifying me that random people are being sacrificed by the Aztecs to their foul pagan gods.

Since I'm playing as the Aztecs, but wasn't sacrificing anyone at that particular time, I'm assuming it was some vassal of mine?

Also, exterminating the Karling Dynasty before Charlemagne was born appears to have caused some serious issues. Initially, their territory consolidated and turned into Austrasia or something, but now weird blobs of Revolts are appearing and disappearing every few years like schrodinger's cancer.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
Is there a setup of mods that will allow me to create/restore a Hellenistic Roman Empire instead of just making the Byzantines bigger and saying "oh i guess you're purple and Roman now"?

E: like culturally Roman, maybe with unique units/traits/bonuses etc

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

SlothfulCobra posted:

Hellenism has been dead and gone for centuries by the earliest start. The old gods long abandoned, the old temples looted and repurposed if not demolished or abandoned. The Roman empire at its height is a distant memory if not a half-remembered dream, its territories drifted apart and buffeted apart by their new masters. The last remnant left of the empire is the Greek half, which makes feeble grabs for Italy and Egypt. The Roman language is almost dead, the Byzantines speak Greek instead, and the peoples of the former territories have either drifted far enough to be their own language or have supplanted the language with either their invaders' or whatever they spoke privately when they were still under Roman dominion.

If you rebuild yourself a new Roman Empire, whatever culture you're rebuilding with can count as your new Roman, but there's nothing left of the old culture to put together into what it once was.

I mean, the earliest start is less than 300 years after the Fall of Rome under Romulus. A long time, but not so long that the Empire would be pseudo-legendary.

But I'll probably just hack a Roman Culture and Hellenistic faith and force it. It'll be close enough.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
I got my Roman cultured, Hellenic Pagan ruler, but for some reason the console command to change the ethnicity just isnt working.

I'm using
code:
gfx_culture <charid> southerngfx
since southerngfx is what is listed as Roman here: https://ck2.paradoxwikis.com/Culture#List_of_Cultures

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

Quorum posted:

Send China all your sisters until you have a billion Chinabux and activate the doom machine, bing bing bong so simple!

You can sell people to China?

What doom machine?

*hasn't interacted with China yet*

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

Siegkrow posted:

Yo dudes, question? Total conversion mods seem to crash my game, I exit the launcher and all I get is a black screen with music for 5 minutes and then a ctd.

Unrelated, but did that Warcraft mod you mentioned in the WoW thread ever materialize?

Also, here's my semi-annual question of "is there a mod fleshing out the hellenic faith so I can rebuild the Roman Empire circa ~100AD instead of the bastardized Eastern empire that is the Byzantines?

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

Kaza42 posted:

YES! It's called Holy Fury and it releases next Tuesday

Holy crap I've missed a bunch apparently.

I have travel for work next week, but I know what I'm doing for my week off for Thanksgiving!

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

SlothfulCobra posted:

So is interspecies reproduction possible? The game's former system for dealing with that was giving all nonhumans a massive fertility penalty, but that'd make the entire culture go extinct after a century.

poo poo, can you breed with that skeleton culture? Have little skeleton babies?

This feels like it must've taken so much work and they just hid it away in a menu.

The cynic in me is saying "they didn't put a bunch of work into the details because it's more of a fun easter egg thing" and thus it's not meant to be a viable mode, although I hope I'm wrong.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

Funky Valentine posted:

Crusader Kings 2: one fine day with a woof and a purr a baby was born and it caused a little stir

:perfect:
:five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
I get that its a pun of the expansion name, but its not very funny.

Honky - white person??

Furry - :ironicat:

• Locked thread